MarkNigro

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3

Jesus Christ, who is the Lord God Almighty, proclaimed the following.

John 3:14-15

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Since belief is the only thing mentioned, it must be the only thing necessary for salvation. It cannot be belief plus anything else. If it were, then the statement would not be true. But Jesus said this, so it must be true. If someone does not believe these words spoken by Jesus Christ, then that person does not believe what Jesus Christ said. Therefore that person has not believed on the Lord Jesus Christ. John 3:14-15 is a faith alone statement.

It is also a once saved, always saved statement, else it would say might have everlasting life. If a person have everlasting life, they could never be damned.

Jesus Christ, who is the Lord God Almighty, also proclaimed the following.

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Again belief in the Lord Jesus Christ is the only thing mentioned. Therefore it is the only thing required for salvation. It could not be belief plus anything else or it would not be true. It is also a once saved, always saved statement.

John 3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Only belief in the Lord Jesus Christ is mentioned. Again it is a faith alone statement.  The difference between going to heaven or not is just faith in Jesus Christ.

From the above passages, we are assured by God Almighty the Saviour that if you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, you are saved forever. Those that are saved through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood have all their sins paid for by that blood. They have all their sins forgiven by faith in His atoning blood. God will not remember their sins. Therefore, no passage of damnation or condemnation applies to those saved by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Those that have not believed by faith alone are not saved. None of their sins are paid for, forgiven, or forgotten.  Every passage of damnation or condemnation applies to them. Many of these quote the very passages that condemn themselves.

Jesus Christ spoke the most awesome words ever. Do you believe Jesus Christ the Lord?

John 6:47

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

In love, in Christ, in meekness,

Mark

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10 NKJV Even the thief on the cross confessed Jesus as Lord in Luke 23:42. As a young teenager I confessed first to my friends and told them I had asked God to forgive me. But yes, we are saved by grace through faith, and that not of ourselves; it is a gift of God, not of works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8. In my words.

And all true believers who endure to the end shall be saved. God knows from eternity who will choose to turn away from God and become a reprobate. But from our perspective we must work out our own salvations with fear and trembling. For God is at work in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. Philippeans 2:12b-13 We must be vigilent and become acquainted with God's word so we won't be deceived. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seaking whom he may devour. Resist him steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. 1 Peter 5:8-10 NKJV

Eternal security is written from God's perspective. It is truth.

Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; but exhort one another daily, while it is called "Today" lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, while it is said, "today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion."Hebrews 3:12-15 This warning is a call to repentance. Our responsibility is to respond and not be hardened by sin, which results in unbelief. Hebrews 12:5-11 speaks of God chastening His children. We know we are His if He chastens us. This is how He keeps our hearts humble and tender toward Him. It is part of the working out of our salvations.

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10 NKJV Even the thief on the cross confessed Jesus as Lord in Luke 23:42. As a young teenager I confessed first to my friends and told them I had asked God to forgive me. But yes, we are saved by grace through faith, and that not of ourselves; it is a gift of God, not of works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8. In my words.

And all true believers who endure to the end shall be saved. God knows from eternity who will choose to turn away from God and become a reprobate. But from our perspective we must work out our own salvations with fear and trembling. For God is at work in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. Philippeans 2:12b-13 We must be vigilent and become acquainted with God's word so we won't be deceived. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seaking whom he may devour. Resist him steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. 1 Peter 5:8-10 NKJV

Eternal security is written from God's perspective. It is truth.

Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; but exhort one another daily, while it is called "Today" lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, while it is said, "today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion."Hebrews 3:12-15 This warning is a call to repentance. Our responsibility is to respond and not be hardened by sin, which results in unbelief. Hebrews 12:5-11 speaks of God chastening His children. We know we are His if He chastens us. This is how He keeps our hearts humble and tender toward Him. It is part of the working out of our salvations.

That has nothing to do with salvation for eternal life. It is just a healing of the land for Israelites under the OT law.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,251
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

Since belief is the only thing mentioned, it must be the only thing necessary for salvation. It cannot be belief plus anything else. If it were, then the statement would not be true. But Jesus said this, so it must be true. If someone does not believe these words spoken by Jesus Christ, then that person does not believe what Jesus Christ said. Therefore that person has not believed on the Lord Jesus Christ. John 3:14-15 is a faith alone statement.

It is also a once saved, always saved statement, else it would say might have everlasting life. If a person have everlasting life, they could never be damned.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Again belief in the Lord Jesus Christ is the only thing mentioned. Therefore it is the only thing required for salvation. It could not be belief plus anything else or it would not be true. It is also a once saved, always saved statement.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Only belief in the Lord Jesus Christ is mentioned. Again it is a faith alone statement.  The difference between going to heaven or not is just faith in Jesus Christ.

From the above passages, we are assured by God Almighty the Saviour that if you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, you are saved forever. Those that are saved through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood have all their sins paid for by that blood. They have all their sins forgiven by faith in His atoning blood. God will not remember their sins. Therefore, no passage of damnation or condemnation applies to those saved by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Those that have not believed by faith alone are not saved. None of their sins are paid for, forgiven, or forgotten.  Every passage of damnation or condemnation applies to them. Many of these quote the very passages that condemn themselves.

Jesus Christ spoke the most awesome words ever. Do you believe Jesus Christ the Lord?

Mark

Now this as with many concepts in the Word we must know there is a reasoning required to arrive at a deeper truth

James 2:18-20

18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works,

and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even

the demons believe — and tremble!

NKJV

So now there are two beliefs one that save and one that does not thus study to understand difference!   Love, Steven

Mark

Now this as with many concepts in the Word we must know there is a reasoning required to arrive at a deeper truth

James 2:18-20

18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works,

and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even

the demons believe — and tremble!

NKJV

So now there are two beliefs one that save and one that does not thus study to understand difference!   Love, Steven

Jesus Christ proclaimed the following.

Since belief is the only thing mentioned, it must be the only thing necessary for salvation. It cannot be belief plus anything else. If it were, then the statement would not be true. But Jesus said this, so it must be true. If you do not believe these words spoken by Jesus Christ, then you do not believe what Jesus Christ said.            Here are just some of the scriptures for this.

Salvation is by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood on the cross. It is not of works. Paul, the apostle of the Gentiles (Romans 11:13), wrote the following. Obviously works are not needed for salvation since it explicitly says so in verse 9.

Ephesians 2:8-9

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The only belief that does not count is a false belief. The following passages show that a works based or merit based belief does not count. You must believe that you are justly under God's damnation for sin and that nothing can save you except simple faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 4:5

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Analysis of James 2:14-26

The verse quoted from James 2 has nothing to do with salvation for everlasting life. When used as such it is the equivalent of a gnat that someone has strained at. The gnat is a piece of scripture that is taken out of context and then altered. The alteration may ignore words, add words (through a false definition), or actually change the words into other words. But the conclusion requires that you disregard the rest of scripture, which clearly says that salvation is by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and not of works. That is the camel that must be swallowed (ignore all that other scripture) to build a doctrine from the strained gnat. (See Matthew 23:24).

Based on verse 2 below, Paul declares that Abraham was not justified before God by works. Abraham was saved by faith in verse 3. Since Abraham was not justified before God by works, Abraham could not have been saved by works, since only God’s justification counts for salavtion. Therefore Abraham was saved by faith alone. It is clear that Abraham was not saved by works.

Romans 4:1-3

What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

In the following passage, James in verse 21 writes that Abraham was justified by works. But from the context of this passage, Abraham is not justified by works before God but before men. This is seen in verse 18 by the phrase “I will shew thee my faith by my works.” So Paul and James are not in conflict. James never wrote that Abraham was justified by works before God, nor that Abraham was saved by works. Notice how the gnat of verse 21 is removed from context, and that “before God” is in effect added. In fact Abraham is saved by faith in Genesis 15 but does not offer up Isaac until Genesis 22. Therefore Abraham is saved by faith and not works. The works came as a result of salvation not the cause of salvation.

James 2:18, 21

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

In the following passage, Paul declares that no one is saved by works of any kind. Salvation is by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:8-9

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

In the next 2 passages, Paul goes a bit farther and says that if anyone is trying to earn salvation by works, they are not saved at all. In fact they must stop working for salvation. Trying to earn or merit salvation by works is to count the blood of Jesus Christ and His sacrifice as not good enough and our works as on par with Christ’s sacrifice.

Romans 4:5

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Romans 11:6

And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

In the following passage, notice in verse 10, that everyone who is saved had to cease from his own works to enter into that rest. Therefore, a person must stop trying to earn or merit salvation (works) to be saved. Verse 11 says that working for salvation is actually unbelief (see also Paul in Romans 4:5).

Hebrews 11:10-12

10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Now look at verse 12 in the above passage. It begins with the word “For.” This links verse 12 to the requirement to stop trying to earn or merit salvation through works in verses 10 and 11. The sharper than any two-edged sword is the word of God. It is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart in this case as to works. So there are places in scripture where works may seem like they are required, but the word of God is sharp enough to show that these are just gnats for those that will not receive the love of the truth.

Notice in verse 22 of the passage below that all who believe in Jesus Christ receive the gift of the imputed righteousness of God. The phrase unto all and upon all makes this doubly certain. The payment and forgiveness for sins is given through faith in his blood (verse 25). Justification is by belief in Jesus Christ (verse 26). Nothing else is mentioned for salvation.

Romans 3:22-26

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

From the following verses, it is God’s will, that Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles and that it is through his writings, which he got by direct revelation from the Lord Jesus Christ, that the gospel of salvation is to be preached to the Gentiles.

Romans 11:13

For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Romans 15:16

That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

2 Timothy 4:17

Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

Paul preaches, defends, and declares the gospel of salvation through his writings.

Romans 1:15

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

Philippians 1:17

But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4

1Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

It is the gospel of salvation that Paul preaches through his writings that are the very basis of God’s judgment.

Romans 2:16

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

From the next verse it is obvious that all who believe the gospel of Christ are saved. No other requirement in mentioned.

Romans 1:16

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

We are commanded to rightly dividing the word of truth. Everyone divides the word of truth (the Holy Bible) in some manner. The question is what method is the correct way. For example no one dwells in booths for the feast of tabernacles (see Leviticus 23:42). Most people correctly recognize that the ceremonial laws, the feast days, the Levitical priesthood, the tabernacle care, the dietary restrictions, and the sacrificial parts of the Old Testament law do not apply to us the saved Gentiles since we are under the New Testament. Thus they rightly divide out these commands as not applying to Christians today.

2 Timothy 2:15

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

But right division also eliminates parts of the New Testament. For example nobody does the following.

Mark 16:18

They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Not many do the following either.

Acts 4:34

Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

Rightly dividing the word of truth means to accept that Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles and that his writings declare, defend and preach the gospel of salvation. We are to consider what Paul writes.

2 Timothy 2:7-8

Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Paul got the gospel he preaches directly from Jesus Christ (equivalent to words in red).

Galatians 1:11-12,15-16

11But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

15But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

16To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

NOTE that the apostles agreed that Paul is to preach the gospel to the Gentiles.

Galatians 2:7-9

But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

(For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Jesus Christ chose Paul for this task.

Acts 9:15

But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

The gospel of John is identified as the gospel to the world.

John 1:11-12

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Jesus Christ said this simple statement. Do you believe it?

The following is the testimony of Jesus Christ (see John 3:11 and John3:32-33).  From verse 15 it is absolutely sure that “whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.” From verse 16 it is absolutely sure that “whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Verse 18 shows that belief in Jesus Christ is the only thing that determines salvation or damnation. Do you believe what Jesus said?

John 3:14-18

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Jesus Christ said this simple statement. Do you believe it?

John 11:25-26

25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

James wrote to Jews of the twelve tribes not to Gentiles. James did not write to the Gentiles. Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles and has the gospel, not James.

James 1:1

James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

The reason that this is important is that many times things written to the Jews are not always about saved for everlasting life but saved from physical death.

In the following passage the word “save” is from physical death. If not, this is any alternate means to salvation without belief in Jesus Christ.

James 5:14-15

14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Obviously in this verse, the word “save” means saved for everlasting life.

James 1:21

Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

In verse 15 of the following verse, the word “death” is only referring to physical death. “Once saved always saved” is the truth and James called them brethren in verse 16, so they are saved.

James 1:15-16

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

In the following verse, when it says saved, saved from what? You cannot make a doctrine from this verse until you know the answer to that question? It actually refers to physical death, not damnation. The clue is found in verse 15 with the reference to a brother or sister.

James 2:14

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

Mark

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,251
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The early church had a rough time with the canonizing of James .... but reasoning the Word comes this-

If God The Holy Spirit is within you then you will have works resulting in the proof of His presence! They

are works resultant by influence By Him that empowers us to do so thus giving God The Glory of His Sons

honor as the Word will be fulfilled... 

We are saved by the grace of God...

we are proved by the outworking of that reality!

Love, Steven

The early church had a rough time with the canonizing of James .... but reasoning the Word comes this-

If God The Holy Spirit is within you then you will have works resulting in the proof of His presence! They

are works resultant by influence By Him that empowers us to do so thus giving God The Glory of His Sons

honor as the Word will be fulfilled... 

We are saved by the grace of God...

we are proved by the outworking of that reality!

Love, Steven

I agree that good works will come from those that are saved as a result of salvation but not its cause.

Those good works are the Holy Spirit working within the saved.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Since belief is the only thing mentioned, it must be the only thing necessary for salvation. It cannot be belief plus anything else. If it were, then the statement would not be true. But Jesus said this, so it must be true. If you do not believe these words spoken by Jesus Christ, then you do not believe what Jesus Christ said.            Here are just some of the scriptures for this.

Mark

what would be your definition of the word believeth  (believe),  sometimes the English words don't carry all the full thoughts of the Greek writer... 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Mark, I don't disagree with you at all. I was just pointing out that salvation is an ongoing process. It is past, present and future. We were saved when we relyed on Christ and we received the Holy Spirit. We are continuing to be delivered from sin by the ongoing work of the Holy Spirit, and we will be saved when our bodies arise and are renewed as incorruptable bodies like Jesus.

But i do not believe Hebrews 3 and 4 just had to do with the Old Testament. They had to do with entering the rest of the completed work of Christ--the rest that we all can enter into when we cease from our own dead works. It has to do to listening to God's voice. Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come. 1 Corinthians 10:11 NKJV. This also referred to the time of the Hebrew people in the wilderness. In fact Paul goes to great lengths to say that there remains a rest that Joshua could not give.. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. Hebrews 4:10 The Holy Spirit wrote these verses to US, His church.

Just as a Note:

Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles. Paul probably wrote Hebrews (that is what I believe). The letters that Paul wrote to teh Gentiles does not include Hebrews, since it does not begin with Paul ...

Those letters are Romans to Philemon.

That is why Paul wrote:

2 Thessalonians 3:17

The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write.

Just checking,

Eternal security, once saved always saved, is true.

​Do you believe that?