JohnD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I am not sure what you are getting at. Unless you are saying that the New Covenant applies only to the Gentiles???

I totally disagree with this...

And I am not really sure you are even saying that...

All things are from Jerusalem to Judea to Samaria and to the uttermost parts of the earth... had to be a beginning somewhere at some point in time...

:7:

The covenant given to Noah applies to all descendents of Noah, or all people.

The covenant given thru Moses applies to the children of Israel (Descendents of Jacob), and a subset applies to Gentiles who live in the land of Israel.

The New Covenant applies to those who by faith, believe on Jesus and His completed work.

It is the New Covenant which started in Jerusalem to Judea, and preached to Samaria and on to the uttermost part of the earth, which is available to all who hear and believe. Sadly, most have rejected the Messiah. The New Covenant is called the better covenant and it is.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02

Okay.

Agreed.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02

The Law of Moses

The Law of Christ

Fresh debate anyone?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom JohnD,

Having been a Christian, then a Messianic, and then a Christian again, I have learned this:

The Torah is good and valid. Yes, it still applies as our guidance for what pleases Yahweh, for holy living and for revealing great mysteries. However, a lot of it doesn't apply if we follow the two greatest commandments - Love Yahweh and to love our neighbour. Then, such judgements and rulings are not appropriate as violations shouldn't be made.

So yes, the Torah is good and valid for gentile Christians as well, as Acts 15:21 approves. Following and understanding its statutes is expected I believe. Yet, we do not get our righteousness or salvation from following the Torah, as I think everyone would agree with. And, if we fail to keep the Torah, it will be forgiven, if we can forgive it in others. Consider the incident in John 8 deeply with this in mind. Yahweh must be just, but he prefers mercy.

For me, when a Christian Gentile can read Psalm 119 and love it and yet not be tied up legalism, it's a very good sign.

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 2