IGNORED

What can the devil do to believers?

Guest DRS81

From what I've gathered through sites I've read,

the devil cannot possess a believer, but he can tempt them.

What else can the devil do to believers.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Satan was an angel created by God.His power both in the heavenly realm and on earth is great and should not be underestimated.Satan is known as the prince of the earth.Satan can not possess the body of a true believer.The Bible says that "the whole world is under the control of the evil one 1John5:19,and we must be self-controlled and alert.Jesus Christ and our faith in Him have overcome Satans evil."The one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world" 1 John 4:4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Lie to us. Jesus called him the father of lies.

Accuse us. He is also called the accuser of the brethern. The accusation can be true or false, but often they are half truths.

Tempt us. He is also called the tempter in Matthew 4:3. Jesus also prayed that the Father keep us from the evil one. John 17:15 But we are also told that we are tempted by our own lusts. So the devil didn't make us do it.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Anyone remember Flip Wilson?"The devil made me do it". Nice excuse.

What if we tell the devil to flee, and it takes him days or weeks to flee, maybe months. Does that mean repentance is needed.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

The Devil's main weapon is deceit. He is the father of it and hence the master of it. He has many other powers too and he is not to be messed with, but deceit is his primary weapon.

Why do you think that the World is in such a state of confusion at the moment? It's because Satan is ruling and he sure knows how to create havoc. He can make lies appear to be the truth and truth appear to be lies.

In case you haven't noticed there is a war going on at the moment and we are right in the middle of it. It is a battle between falsehood and reality, between Satan and God.

Truth is the biggest weapon to fight Satan with, but truth can only come from God. God is our protector. Trust in God and you are saved.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

What if we tell the devil to flee, and it takes him days or weeks to flee, maybe months. Does that mean repentance is needed.

Interesting.  Do you have experience of that?

Interesting.  Do you have experience of that?

Sometimes, usually when I'm at a crossroads in life and I'm trying to get rid of a sin for good.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

The entire verse says, Submit yourselves unto the lord, resist the devil and he will flee. One thing I personally had to learn the hard way was that it didn't do much good to resist the devil and wait for him to flee or tell him to flee, if I was not going to first submit to God. For me personally, it helps when I realize I can't fight the battle, that the battle is the Lord's. Humble myself before the Lord Jesus. Confess all sins. Continuing to pray, read the bible and seek after Jesus. After this resisting the devil and telling him to flee, comes a lot easier. Because it is the Lord's battle, not mine. I have refocused from looking at the devil and sin, to keeping my eyes on Jesus. Also remember the verse when you have done all to stand, stand. Hope this helps. God Bless you

Firestormx

Joseph

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Satan does not have God like attributes. He does not know everything, he is not present everywhere, nor does he have all power. He does have many helpers.

He can not read your mind, he or his helpers only knows things about you from what they observe, and what you speak.

He can only do to you as much as you allow excluding GOD's will.

Edited by Enoc