• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,444
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

according to the bible satan can deceive believers, deceit can lead a believer away from the truth, if your no longer in the truth, your lost

As this verse states you were not ever found they just thought they were Matt 7:21

and the verified truth of Scripture is simply -simple and plain->

1 John 2:19

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us,

they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made

manifest, that none of them were of us.

NKJV

As far as believers being deceived God says He 'IS' able to prevent

Matt 24:24-25

24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders

to deceive, if possible, even the elect.  25 See, I have told you beforehand.

NKJV

The if possible in the reasoning of The Scriptures above NOT possible by these verses

below:

Rom 8:31-39

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He

not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God's

elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died,

and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes

intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation,

or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written:

"For Your sake we are killed all day long;

We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."

37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers,

nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing,

shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NKJV

When God speaks this plainly the truth of His Possession 'Those born and sealed by God

The Holy Spirit 2 Cor 1:20-22' others may say whatever but 'WE' know His Truth....

Love, Steven

seems Jesus and all the apostles wasted a whole lot of time warning the people who weren't really saved to begin with, nor would they be saved. as it makes no sense what so ever to warn born again untouchable Christians who can't be led away from the faith

I have to say the OSAS doctrine is probably the most unbalanced theology ever taught, but seeing where it came from explains alot

Satan would have us believe like this yes.... but the way is that of a child and is the directed way and simplicity is

seen in the Written Word of where we are-> born into is a system run by a progenitor of sin and we ourselves already

members of that system by the leaven already in the lump...  so where do we draw this righteousness from working

with ourselves and in this world?  Love, Steven

For those who believe satan can take away your salvation - God Says absolutely not!

Romans 8:38-39

38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers,

nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing,

shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NKJV

Love, Steven

:thumbsup:

~

Even Now I Can Hear That Old Hiss Resounding From Pulpits Around The Globe

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said Genesis 3;1(a-c )

Don't You Know Jesus Does Not Want To Live

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

In Your Stinky Old Heart

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

See

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30

~

http://cyberhymnal.org/htm/t/h/therepow.htm

There Is Power Power Wonder Working Power

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 1:5

In The Precious Blood Of The Lamb

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 20:16-17

Just as I am, without one plea, but that thy blood was shed for me, and that thou bidst me come to thee, O Lamb of God, I come, I come. http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh357.sht

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

Satan can harrass you if you let him.It helps to put on your armor.Ephesians 6:13-17

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Judas was named as one of the 12 disciples, he went out two by two preaching repent for the kingdom of God is near, heaing the sick and casting out demons, the scriptures clearly show he operated in the power of the Holy Spirit, trusted and chosen to hold the finances of the ministry, I'm not sure why people don't think he wasn't a believer

True, Judas was most likely water baptized with the other apostles whom Jesus chose, and he worked along with all of the apostles as you say, but he lost this privileged position when he betrayed Jesus.

I do not agree that Judas was operating at this time under the power of the Holy Spirit because the Holy Spirit was not given to the apostles until after our Lord's Resurrection, and Judas was no longer around.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Satan can harrass you if you let him.It helps to put on your armor.Ephesians 6:13-17

they can also get your unsaved neighbors to persecute you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Compared to God he is extremely confined in his power, but compared with humans we are powerless.  Remember that the angel Michael would not confront him over the body of Moses but to simply say the Lord rebuke you.  Michael is one of the super dudes.

I don't think for one minute Michael was afraid of the devil because he told the devil the Lord rebuke you referring   to Jude 1:9 (where Michael and the devil  are contending over Moses' body and Michael tells the devil   "The Lord rebuke you").  I think Michael the archangel had enough discernment to know that he should not get in a heated confrontation with   the devil, so he told him what he did. Recognizing that the devil is under God's authority, Michael did not overstep his authority, but put the devil where he belonged under the Lord's feet.  Michael knew his boundaries and did not overstep them by railing with  the devil.    A good lesson for us all to grasp, which is what the short one chapter book of Jude is about.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

From what I've gathered through sites I've read,

the devil cannot possess a believer, but he can tempt them.

What else can the devil do to believers.

Anything they let him do.

So don't let him?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Never underestimate the power of the enemy, that is yet another 'deceit' tactic of the enemy.

I do not believe that the *only* reason for attack is that we allow space for it by being outside His will, this belief could be very debilitating to a believer - fatal even.(:raises hand: Guilty!)

We are also a *Target*! 

I Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Judas was named as one of the 12 disciples, he went out two by two preaching repent for the kingdom of God is near, heaing the sick and casting out demons, the scriptures clearly show he operated in the power of the Holy Spirit, trusted and chosen to hold the finances of the ministry, I'm not sure why people don't think he wasn't a believer

True, Judas was most likely water baptized with the other apostles whom Jesus chose, and he worked along with all of the apostles as you say, but he lost this privileged position when he betrayed Jesus.

I do not agree that Judas was operating at this time under the power of the Holy Spirit because the Holy Spirit was not given to the apostles until after our Lord's Resurrection, and Judas was no longer around.

We see from scripture that while a measure of the Holy Spirit was always present on the earth as we see all through the old testament that prophets and men of God were filled with the Holy Spirit for special  purposes and times, we also see Jesus breathing on the apostles and filling them with the Holy Spirit (John 20:22)  all but Judas and Thomas, experienced this infilling. It appears that Thomas did not believe Jesus was really alive, I'm not sure if today if a person did not believe in the resurrection of Christ if they would be considered a true believer

we see earlier Jesus sending out the twelve with power, from a biblical standpoint the power has always been the Holy Spirit, I'm not sure how you could equate doing any miracles without the Holy Spirit in operation, clearly the bible refers to the twelve going out and all twelve experienced what is written they experienced. otherwise it would of said "When Jesus had called the eleven together, He gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases,"( Luke 9:1)  I'm not sure how it could be explained that an unbeliever could operate in the power and authority of the Holy Spirit, I know a lot of folks seem to want to say Judas wasn't a believer, but I don't believe the bible teaches that assumption.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

I have some good questions. 1. Why do some say the closer you are to God the closer you are to the devil. Is there anyway to walk FAR from the devil and not always have him lurking. For example, what's the point of staying close to God if the devil is always on your tail. 2. What actions does one take to fast. 3. When we say the devil has millions of helpers, is there scripture to support exactly how many demons are working under him besides the six already.

the bible says he took 1/3 of the angels with him, If you were fighting a war, wouldn't it just be a logical choice to aim at the enemy who is firing a missile launcher rather than the enemy who is merely throwing stones.

you are a greater target the more you are seen as a greater threat to the enemy.