IGNORED

Unbelievable percentage of people addicted to smartphones....

MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

I dunno,,,seems the phones are smart and sucking the smart out of this generations brains?!!!

Everything is a click away,no need to remember anything,no need to know simple math,no need to write(with a pen & paper),no need to spell........ever purchase something for $10.28 and give the cashier $20.03 and they say,"Why did you give me the 3 pennies?".....Remember the days when you knew everyones phone number by heart?Now run out of gas without your ''smart"phone,leaves you looking less than intelligent,huh?....

Everyone I see,in supermarkets,gas stations,at restaurants...you name it....on the phone....seems pretty rude actually when there is a living human being standing right in front of them being totally ignored as they ask,"can I help you?''

What can I say.....                                  God bless us all....praying,

with Love,Kwik

BTW...FlameOfFire,

I am glad you are here and from the moment I joined I was welcomed with loving arms,I am sure you feel the same...no doubt you will meet real Christians here,warm ,sincere & filled with love!Sometimes we have to taste a little sour to know the sweet

"I dunno,,,seems the phones are smart and sucking the smart out of this generations brains?!!!

lol!!! That pretty much sums it up. :mgcheerful:

This reminds me of an episode of Star Trek... (and if you know which one I have in mind based on that alone, I'll be greatly disturbed).

But I will say, I find it odd to see so many people complaining about people basically being online... on an online forum.

I sure can't learn so much about God and have Christian fellowship on my cell phone.Which one do you think God would want me to spend more time on? :whistling:

you can access this site on your phone.

Yes,but I choose to have only one obsessive object in my life.Worthy=Learning about God and Socializing with his people vs. Cell phone= What Kwik said "I dunno,,,seems the phones are smart and sucking the smart out of this generations brains?!!!"I think I will go with the Christian website on my computer.I am on this website ALOT less than people are on their cell phones.Plus my cell phone bill is $30.00 a month because I have so few minutes per month because I am not on it.How much do you pay to have your cell phone a month?  :grin:

Guest AFlameOfFire

I dunno,,,seems the phones are smart and sucking the smart out of this generations brains?!!!

Everything is a click away,no need to remember anything,no need to know simple math,no need to write(with a pen & paper),no need to spell........ever purchase something for $10.28 and give the cashier $20.03 and they say,"Why did you give me the 3 pennies?".....Remember the days when you knew everyones phone number by heart?Now run out of gas without your ''smart"phone,leaves you looking less than intelligent,huh?....

Everyone I see,in supermarkets,gas stations,at restaurants...you name it....on the phone....seems pretty rude actually when there is a living human being standing right in front of them being totally ignored as they ask,"can I help you?''

What can I say.....                                  God bless us all....praying,

with Love,Kwik

BTW...FlameOfFire,

I am glad you are here and from the moment I joined I was welcomed with loving arms,I am sure you feel the same...no doubt you will meet real Christians here,warm ,sincere & filled with love!Sometimes we have to taste a little sour to know the sweet

I sure was sis, and you also were one of the ones that really stood out to me, because your warmth and love as shown to me and others really shines out from you.

So thanks for being you in Christ Kwik, God richly bless you sis!

Woe to me for putting bitter for sweet really, now that I think about it.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

This reminds me of an episode of Star Trek... (and if you know which one I have in mind based on that alone, I'll be greatly disturbed).

But I will say, I find it odd to see so many people complaining about people basically being online... on an online forum.

Speaking for myself only.....I'm not driving, on a date or meeting with customers or co-workers as I write ths.  Nor am I neglecting my children, my home or my career.  No one is waiting for me to notice them or respond to them.  I don't post from my office unless I have the time to do so. This thread is about addiction to SMARTPHONES and neglecting the real world.  Please reread the title of the thread.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

I sure can't learn so much about God and have Christian fellowship on my cell phone.Which one do you think God would want me to spend more time on? :whistling:

you can access this site on your phone.

Yes,but I choose to have only one obsessive object in my life.Worthy=Learning about God and Socializing with his people vs. Cell phone= What Kwik said "I dunno,,,seems the phones are smart and sucking the smart out of this generations brains?!!!"I think I will go with the Christian website on my computer.I am on this website ALOT less than people are on their cell phones.Plus my cell phone bill is $30.00 a month because I have so few minutes per month because I am not on it.How much do you pay to have your cell phone a month?  :grin:

I don't know, bopeep, I don't have a smartphone. I'm tired of people with different habits being looked down on though.

Speaking for myself only.....I'm not driving, on a date or meeting with customers or co-workers as I write ths.  Nor am I neglecting my children, my home or my career.  No one is waiting for me to notice them or respond to them.  I don't post from my office unless I have the time to do so. This thread is about addiction to SMARTPHONES and neglecting the real world.  Please reread the title of the thread.

Please read the content of the rest of the thread, in which people who use their smartphones seem to be impugned across the board by people on an internet forum who, (myself included), use it a lot.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

my smart phone puts a huge amount of information at my fingertips and is very far from making me dumb.

my smart phone puts a huge amount of information at my fingertips and is very far from making me dumb.

agreed. Same with the internet. Your productivity with certain software and information can skyrocket.

Their is no device that is going to help me out there :madgrin:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Beloved Brothers and Sisters,

I don't think anyone is looking down on people with different habits(cell phones),when I council drug addicts(now that's a habit) and tell them Jesus loves them and died for them exactly they way they are and I used to be exactly where they are......I cannot look down on anyone because from my position(which is on my knees)I am always looking up....

I cannot understand what there is to be defensive about?I cannot understand how anyone can take it personally when someone is talking about a generation of techno dependents......(majority?)Technology can't make an already educated person less educated than what they are but in fact in can open a whole world of information within seconds that would take hours at the library.....It has made my life much easier......and to me is a blessing,being a cancer patient in remission I am debilitated in many ways and could not even fellowship daily had it not been for God bringing me here to Worthy,praise the Lord...

Our youths are allowed to bring calculators to school(elementary schools)-they have great difficulty in mathematics(ask them to do the times table),they have spell check(is that helpful or a hinderance).Everything that we used to memorize in our brains our children can store away in a computers memory......I don't see this as helpful,I feel the parts of the brain that these young people are not using may be a great hinderance somewhere along the way.....like my referrance to the cashier that cannot give change without ringing it up in the computer....what happens if the lights go out?

I teach Bible Study to little ones,they all know how to google and have great difficulty in memorization.....I have seen a major difference in kids abilities and lack of social skills(thats another topic-computers & T.V.s for babysitters).....I love them all,and you will bet your last dollar I will do all I can do to make a difference in their lives...in Jesus Name

With love,in Christ-Kwik(& I love you all)