• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Around ten years ago (before I was saved) a friend of mine paid £10 (about $15) online to become an ordained minister. He received a certificate through the post that enabled him to perform wedding ceremonies and a few other duties in a specific county in California (if I remember correctly). I don't know why he did this, maybe just for fun. I remember that he framed the certificate and put it on his wall.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1957

I don't have a problem with certain on-line Bible Colleges, and I take seminary extention courses on-line myself...the credibility of the institution is what IMO needs to be looked at prior to enrolling.

There's a definite difference between taking courses from, say, Liberty University or New Orleans Theological Baptist Seminary....and taking courses from "Bubba's Institute of Theology and Welding". :biggrin2:

As far as on-line ordinations...they (to me) have all the credibility and value of a $1 Confederate bill....wait a minute...I take it back...actually an authentic $1 Confederate bill has some intrinsic value... :happyhappy:

I don't have a problem with certain on-line Bible Colleges, and I take seminary extention courses on-line myself...the credibility of the institution is what IMO needs to be looked at prior to enrolling.

There's a definite difference between taking courses from, say, Liberty University or New Orleans Theological Baptist Seminary....and taking courses from "Bubba's Institute of Theology and Welding". :biggrin2:

As far as on-line ordinations...they (to me) have all the credibility and value of a $1 Confederate bill....wait a minute...I take it back...actually an authentic $1 Confederate bill has some intrinsic value... :happyhappy:

Excellent post. I now proclaim you to be a fully ordained minister!

That will be $50 please.... :laughing:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

In my country, pastor or not, to marry people you have to study and pass a government test, you then get a licence that enables you to marry people. If one is married by anyone else, the marriage is not legal.

I think this is a good thing, and the test basically goes about the legalities, registering the marriage on the national data base, marring a foreigner who does not have citizenship, etc.

In my country, pastor or not, to marry people you have to study and pass a government test, you then get a licence that enables you to marry people. If one is married by anyone else, the marriage is not legal.

I think this is a good thing, and the test basically goes about the legalities, registering the marriage on the national data base, marring a foreigner who does not have citizenship, etc.

We have something similar here in the US...the difference being that it is the states themselves rather than the federal government that dictate what they will accept as a legal marriage.

Every state (that I know of) requires a marriage license, some require blood tests and/or physicals, some states require a 24 hour "cooling off" period, many offer a deep discount on the cost of a marriage license if a letter/certificate of pre-marital counseling is presented, etc.

Here in Florida, the marriage is not considered legal until the marriage license is completed by the person officiating the marriage and returned to/recorded by the clerk of the court.

So it really doesn't matter what "denomination" ordains...or if it is a Justice of the Peace or a Notary Public that officiates...the rules are the same for all. :mgcheerful:

Oh goody!!! You want that cash, check, or money order? :madgrin:

Give me an extra $100 and I'll make you Pope. :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Hi Mcgyver,This is true ,I also live in Fla.and there is that 24hr period & then you must submit the notarized certificate to be documented,I didn't know Bubbas School of Theology also offered a welding course(I might be interested in that!lol)

cozmoe,sevenseas,Willow....Y'all are just too funny!God bless you!

Fez.-A government test and certification makes alot of sense to legitimize the marriage properly according to law

LadyKay...Amen,I wish more people would read Pauls letters to the churches but they don't,too many follow traditions of men

I't doesn't concern me about these 5&dime ministers signing off on a marriage certificate or even officiating a ceremony but when they perform a Christian wedding that is supposed to be before the eyes of God,posing as a pastor...thats just me.....what do y'all think?

Gee I love you all!Kwik

Willow....that is hysterical,just $100 ? :24: You can probably get alot more!

Give me an extra $100 and I'll make you Pope. :mgcheerful:

He he he....The term "Papal Bull" would take on a whole new meaning... :whistling:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/24/1957

well Kwik, truth can be stranger then fiction..lol

This is a true story.....

When my baby brother's step-daughter got married,she wanted him to preside over her wedding

She was getting married in vegas,on her father's family's estate....

So my baby brother "was ordained for 24 hour's" so that he could preside over her wedding....

He did have to take a test and fill out a bunch of paperwork....and it was kinda fitting ....I mean after all his nickname among his friends is "Preacher" ...LOL

This process took about a month....