• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,468
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I was around one who prayed in a group and demanded from God in this prayer... I was so disturbed in my spirit

that I thought how can a person who knows God speak this way? I began apologizing to the Lord and asking for

forgiveness of just being there and the prayer ended. I know of only one being that wants God to be subservient 

and would be so bold as to speak this way to God- the rest rebuke such foolishness in The Name of Jesus...

Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Test all things; hold fast what is good.  I Thess 5:21

In some circles, they practically worship someone they think is annointed..that person just cannot seem to do wrong no matter

how wrong they are

That kind of adoration occurs everywhere.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1973

I personally have lost faith in "The Word Of Faith Movement. I have been hurt by their lies so many times I don't know where to start

I was once told that God would not answer my prayers no matter how much faith I had because my husband didn't have faith the second time he was jobless in our 15yrs of marriage.

I have been told by WOF that I was going to go home from a bible study and as long as I held on to the faith I had my kids would be healed of autism and my then 3 yr old son would be talking ....that was 10 yrs ago and neither of my kids talk still.

I could go on and on why I have issues with the WOF movement but it would be futile to continue.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I personally have lost faith in "The Word Of Faith Movement. I have been hurt by their lies so many times I don't know where to start

I was once told that God would not answer my prayers no matter how much faith I had because my husband didn't have faith the second time he was jobless in our 15yrs of marriage.

I have been told by WOF that I was going to go home from a bible study and as long as I held on to the faith I had my kids would be healed of autism and my then 3 yr old son would be talking ....that was 10 yrs ago and neither of my kids talk still.

I could go on and on why I have issues with the WOF movement but it would be futile to continue.

I understand. I know a couple who were told that their daughter was born deaf because of their sin, in a church, in front of the congregation. They have never stepped into a church again.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I have seen people disillusioned by wof who have been shattered. That they have held on to the Lord despite the harm done to them by that movement is amazing. They have struggled to retain faith in God. Previously their faith was in the movement and not in the Lord.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/21/1945

I look at it this way: Being on track with God's thoughts and ways is like hitting a target, but for all practical purposes no one is able to hit the bulls eye on the target, but some are closer to the bulls eye than others. I have done quite a bit of reading on the "Culture of Narcissism" in which we live and it's tendency to spawn narcissistic personalities. Narcissism is creeping into Christianity in our time and creating persons who develop a sense of entitlement with bad boundaries. One thing that especially concerns me is the propensity of some television ministers to be abusive of income tax breaks for self-aggrandizement purposes. This creates a viable argument for reductionists and secular minded people against Christianity.

Well, healing takes place through a living faith. It isn't always instantaneous. You need to continue in the hope for healing. Did you put your faith in what others said or in the word of God and His promises? His promise is to heal all our diseases. Healing is in the Atonement.

We need to be wise enough to be like the Bereans were---to check out what our leaders say against the word of God. If they say something that is contrary, we have the obligation to ignore it. There are many, many people placed in spiritual leadership that do not belong there, and not only in the WOF---God hasn't placed them there---which is why we must be diligent in making sure we receive what is from God and to reject what is not.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

In some circles, they practically worship someone they think is annointed..that person just cannot seem to do wrong no matter

how wrong they are

I have no idea what you mean but sounds sarcastic.  At any rate,  WOF is not something to be held onto...it is simply not scriptural.  Obviously you disagree.  I remember much of what you had to say

going back over a year now I believe so rehashing will most likely achieve the same end as before.  Sadly, that would be nothing worth repeating.

how wrong they are

I have no idea what you mean but sounds sarcastic.  At any rate,  WOF is not something to be held onto...it is simply not scriptural.  Obviously you disagree.  I remember much of what you had to say

going back over a year now I believe so rehashing will most likely achieve the same end as before.  Sadly, that would be nothing worth repeating.

True word of faith is simply believing in the word of God. The excesses are what people are having a problem with, and it is those excesses that people lump together and make WOF appear as something it isn't. I have seen people's lives hurt by the false as well, but the true WOF churches do no harm.

Every denomination has its abuses, and its spiritual error.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,468
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

how wrong they are

True word of faith is simply believing in the word of God. The excesses are what people are having a problem with, and it is those excesses that people lump together and make WOF appear as something it isn't. I have seen people's lives hurt by the false as well, but the true WOF churches do no harm.

Every denomination has its abuses, and its spiritual error.

It would be better to read the what MG posted as where WOF came from before you try to make it clean...

http://www.gotquesti...#ixzz2fhOkHwbxI