• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

I can't believe everyone just accepted this unbiblical and dangerous comment

Personally I think a lot of stuff the Catholic church teaches is unbiblical. Which is why I am not Catholic.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe he got the message with cards or something?  OK, I'm being low grade sarcastic, but it's a shocking statement and I wonder what kind of scene he created within Vatican City...

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved...not according to this Pope

If you really want to make your head spin, try this

Myself and several others had a useless but very revealing dialogue with staunch Catholics on another site, and if you think 'wag the dog' applies only to politicians,

you don't know what it really means until you have scripture explained to you from a viewpoint that is like a top spinning out of control and basically can mean 

anything they want it to mean in order to offer the reason(s) for the myriad and unbiblical (from a Protestant's POV) doctrines presented.

Thanks for sharing the HP site article.  If good people who do good works such as atheists are redeemed without faith in Christ's death on the cross to make them righteous,  then Christ did it all in vain

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Yeah...that's pretty interesting or revealing...not sure which..maybe both?  My husband mentionned that to me earlier today and I thought maybe he had read things wrong

but I guess not.

Wonder when the Pope got the go ahead from God on this one...... :emot-eyes:

My guess?  He didn't.  This is the most unchristian Pople to date (and I thought the last one was bad!)  I'm not Catholic, of course, but I worry that Pope Francis is leading a billion souls away from Biblical teaching.  A good reason to read the Bible yourself....don't depend on someone else telling you what is in there.  I think we were warned about false teachers. 

actually there were much more evil popes in the past, but somehow the church likes to keep these facts buried

The 'church' does not deny that many of the  Popes were evil men.  I am talking about Popes in the past century or so.  And this one is totally clueless as to the Gospel.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

My guess?  He didn't.  This is the most unchristian Pople to date (and I thought the last one was bad!)

I don't know. I kind of like this Pope. He seems "real." Anyway, he makes me think about things and I like anyone who does that. But what do you think is unchristian about him?

Did you READ the article?  It's total heresy; THAT is what is unchristian about him.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

i could not understand the slaughter in the Revelation for a long time

but now i understanding more and more

actually

according to BIBLE

the end of the major people on the earth will be the slaughter

it is the destiny

Love Notes

Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. John 10:7-9

And Chomp

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. John 10:10-11

Chomp Chomp

But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. John 10:12-13

~

I don't know. I kind of like this Pope. He seems "real." Anyway, he makes me think about things and I like anyone who does that. But what do you think is unchristian about him?

:thumbsup:

~

Simply

All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi. Matthew 23:3-7

Jesus

But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. Matthew 23:8-10

And The Real Truth About Salvation

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Ephesians 2:8

And Boasting Works

Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:9

You See

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

My guess?  He didn't.  This is the most unchristian Pople to date (and I thought the last one was bad!)

Did you READ the article?  It's total heresy; THAT is was is unchristian about him.

What! You want me to read stuff! :happyhappy:       

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Personally I think a lot of stuff the Catholic church teaches is unbiblical. Which is why I am not Catholic.

Yet, you said the following in yr post 9:

so what do you find 'real'about him especially in light of his latest contribution to religious deep thinking?  :mellow:

Yet, you said the following in yr post 9:

so what do you find 'real'about him especially in light of his latest contribution to religious deep thinking?  :mellow:

He just seems more like a "person" to me then some untouchable. It is more of a feeling I can't explain it. I am not sure what all the hostility is about over this.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

He just seems more like a "person" to me then some untouchable. It is more of a feeling I can't explain it. I am not sure what all the hostility is about over this.

Do you see objections to something as hostility?  I don't see things that way.

The 'buzz' here is about the Pope's statement :  “Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey their conscience.” and the remarks that followed.

If, after you read the article and possibly the link about the article and you are still not sure why people are posting about it, just ask and I am sure someone will explain it to you.