• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,234
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Shalom, all.

While this is ... interesting, it is important that we remember this is not that uncommon. First of all, ALL of Isra'el's holy days and ritual celebrations are keyed to the monthly cycle. Their "month" is a TRUE "moonth!" It follows the natural 29.5-day period of the moon's revolution around the earth (the synodic month, not the sidereal month). That's why their calendar has alternating months of 29 days and 30 days. In fact, if for some reason the sighting of the first sliver of a new moon was hindered, either by weather or smoke, the ro'sh chodesh (new moon) might be delayed by a day!

Since all of Isra'el's holy days are either on the new moon or the full moon, it's not unusual for them to exist on a solar or lunar eclipse, since solar eclipses always have to happen on a new moon and lunar eclipses always have to happen on a full moon. That's why the darkness over the earth on the day that Yeshua` (Jesus) died could NOT have been caused by a solar eclipse! It was the time of Passover or Pesach, which ALWAYS occurs on the 14th or 15th of the month Nisan, halfway between new moons or on a full moon. A full moon could have a LUNAR eclipse but NEVER a solar eclipse!

Thus, it might be interesting, but hardly surprising. In fact, it would be MORE surprising if a solar or lunar eclipse in the right month DIDN'T occur on one of their holidays! If that were to occur, THEN we'd have a mystery!

For BOTH eclipses to happen at the same time, we would have to have a THIRD "heavenly body" in play! We would either have to have a third object blocking the sun while the earth is blocking the moon (a conversion during a lunar eclipse), or the third object blocking both, such as the head of a comet blocking the sun while its tail blocks our view of the moon. That's NOT an impossible "near miss" scenario! Indeed, such a scenario would also suggest that we were passing THROUGH the debris of the comet's tail, which would be a VERY active meteor shower with the larger chunks of debris failing to disintegrate in the earth's atmosphere - the stars of the sky falling to the earth! My vivid imagination tends to favor this scenario (if you haven't already figured that out). LOL!

you need to watch Hagee's video.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I've been hearing a lot about the blood moons lately and apparently another one is due. Just read some interesting comments on something someone posted about blood moons on Facebook and now I'm confused.

Is it even legit? I kkow the bible speaks about the moo turning to blood with the Lord's day but have have never heard of the four blood moons and how it ties in with Israel etc.

Is this another false false teaching/hype or is it worth the read and is there truth in it?

Esther

There are some very significant  facts concerning Blood Red Moons, the Lord's Feast Days, and their relation to prophetic   events that have happened in and to Israel, such as:

Three sets of blood-red moons that corresponded to significant events:

The Spanish Inquisition final year 1492 when the Alhambra Decree ordered all remaining Jews who would not convert to Christianity to leave Spain, the 1948 War of Independence and the 1967 Six-Day War had back-to-back, blood-red moons occur on the first day of Passover and Sukkot the following two years or beginning the same year of the 1967 Six-Day War for two years.

The Spanish Inquisition-1492

* Passover, April 2, 1493

* Sukkoth, Sept. 25, 1493

* Passover, March 22, 1494

* Sukkoth, Sept. 15, 1494

The War of Independence-1948

* Passover, April 13, 1949

* Sukkoth, Oct. 7, 1949

* Passover, April 2, 1950

* Sukkoth, Sept. 26, 1950

The Six Day War-1967

* First Day of Passover, April 24, 1967

* First Day of Sukkoth, Oct. 18, 1967

* First Day of Passover. April 13, 1968

* First Day of Sukkoth, Oct. 6, 1968

What will occur in the 2013-2015 time period?

Seven back-to-back, blood-red moons have fallen on the first day of Passover and Sukkot, with the eighth time coming in 2014 and 2015 

* First Day of Passover, April 15, 2014

* First Day of Sukkoth, Oct. 8, 2014

* First Day of Passover, April 4, 2015

* First Day of Sukkoth, Sept. 28, 2015   Read more from World Watch Daily-Bill Koenig

Therefore, I think it would  be prudent to take heed and continue to watch and occupy until Jesus comes for us which may be  at a time  during a Blood Red Moon /Lord's Feast Day season after the tribulation of those days Matthew 24:29, Joel 2:31

Photo-RedMoonChart.png

Retrobyter,

As you can see by the quoted post, this occurence of Solar and Lunar Eclipses happening on the Holy days, is in fact rare. Particularly where they are also within a lunar tetrad, which is also not an everyday occurence (or monthly/yearly in this case).

Fascinating stuff!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/05/1959

The Bible defines what the moon in the language of God is, which Jacob already had understanding of when Joseph spoke to him of the dream he had. But all these things relate to a truth being revealed in us, and are patterns and pictures of the process of coming to this same truth. The blood is defined in the same manner, and like the moon not limited to the word blood as describing the truth of what this is to us.

Shalom, all.

While this is ... interesting, it is important that we remember this is not that uncommon. First of all, ALL of Isra'el's holy days and ritual celebrations are keyed to the monthly cycle. Their "month" is a TRUE "moonth!" It follows the natural 29.5-day period of the moon's revolution around the earth (the synodic month, not the sidereal month). That's why their calendar has alternating months of 29 days and 30 days. In fact, if for some reason the sighting of the first sliver of a new moon was hindered, either by weather or smoke, the ro'sh chodesh (new moon) might be delayed by a day!

Since all of Isra'el's holy days are either on the new moon or the full moon, it's not unusual for them to exist on a solar or lunar eclipse, since solar eclipses always have to happen on a new moon and lunar eclipses always have to happen on a full moon. That's why the darkness over the earth on the day that Yeshua` (Jesus) died could NOT have been caused by a solar eclipse! It was the time of Passover or Pesach, which ALWAYS occurs on the 14th or 15th of the month Nisan, halfway between new moons or on a full moon. A full moon could have a LUNAR eclipse but NEVER a solar eclipse!

Thus, it might be interesting, but hardly surprising. In fact, it would be MORE surprising if a solar or lunar eclipse in the right month DIDN'T occur on one of their holidays! If that were to occur, THEN we'd have a mystery!

For BOTH eclipses to happen at the same time, we would have to have a THIRD "heavenly body" in play! We would either have to have a third object blocking the sun while the earth is blocking the moon (a conversion during a lunar eclipse), or the third object blocking both, such as the head of a comet blocking the sun while its tail blocks our view of the moon. That's NOT an impossible "near miss" scenario! Indeed, such a scenario would also suggest that we were passing THROUGH the debris of the comet's tail, which would be a VERY active meteor shower with the larger chunks of debris failing to disintegrate in the earth's atmosphere - the stars of the sky falling to the earth! My vivid imagination tends to favor this scenario (if you haven't already figured that out). LOL!

just to make it easy

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,608
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, other one.

Shalom, all.

just to make it easy

Okay, I've watched the series of sermons on the "4 Blood Moons," but I'm having trouble confirming his claim. I've gone to the NASA website at http://eclipse.gsfc..../LEhistory.html

and they have some nifty Javascript calculators for calculating lunar and solar eclipses for any city on the globe, and I've gotta tell ya', those "blood moons" AREN'T THERE FOR JERUSALEM, ISRAEL!

The April 15, 2014 lunar eclipse is for the WESTERN HEMISPHERE! It won't even be visible from Israel! I think he was looking at figures for his own time zone instead of that for Jerusalem. Because the earth continues to rotate into each one of these events, the event is visible from whatever time zone happens to be in range of the alignment, and it seems to travel across the surface of the globe in some form of an arc (or "S" pattern), describing who on the planet will be able to see the event. They show the viewing locations as a sine wave with white on one side and black on the other with gray shading between. It's the WHITE side that sees the event. The event is not visible to those in the black side. See it here: http://eclipse.gsfc....ml#LE2014Oct08T. The black dot in the middle of the white zone represents the center of the event, i.e. where the moon will be directly overhead when it is directly behind the earth from the sun.

The same is true for the total lunar eclipse on Oct. 8, 2014!

People in Jerusalem will be able to see the total solar eclipse on March 20, 2015, but the PARTIAL lunar eclipse on April 4, 2015 they won't be able to see.

They WILL be able to see the total lunar eclipse on September 28, 2015. 

There IS a tetrad of total lunar eclipses, but that is only of significance to astronomers calculating events for the whole earth! It has NOTHING to do with what actually will be seen from Jerusalem!

Actually, it's a tetrad of lunar eclipses. The third eclipse is a PARTIAL eclipse, not a total one.

Okay, I've watched the series of sermons on the "4 Blood Moons," but I'm having trouble confirming his claim. I've gone to the NASA website at http://eclipse.gsfc..../LEhistory.html

and they have some nifty Javascript calculators for calculating lunar and solar eclipses for any city on the globe, and I've gotta tell ya', those "blood moons" AREN'T THERE FOR JERUSALEM, ISRAEL!

The April 15, 2014 lunar eclipse is for the WESTERN HEMISPHERE! It won't even be visible from Israel! I think he was looking at figures for his own time zone instead of that for Jerusalem. Because the earth continues to rotate into each one of these events, the event is visible from whatever time zone happens to be in range of the alignment, and it seems to travel across the surface of the globe in some form of an arc (or "S" pattern), describing who on the planet will be able to see the event. They show the viewing locations as a sine wave with white on one side and black on the other with gray shading between. It's the WHITE side that sees the event. The event is not visible to those in the black side. See it here: http://eclipse.gsfc....ml#LE2014Oct08T. The black dot in the middle of the white zone represents the center of the event, i.e. where the moon will be directly overhead when it is directly behind the earth from the sun.

The same is true for the total lunar eclipse on Oct. 8, 2014!

People in Jerusalem will be able to see the total solar eclipse on March 20, 2015, but the PARTIAL lunar eclipse on April 4, 2015 they won't be able to see.

They WILL be able to see the total lunar eclipse on September 28, 2015. 

There IS a tetrad of total lunar eclipses, but that is only of significance to astronomers calculating events for the whole earth! It has NOTHING to do with what actually will be seen from Jerusalem!

Actually, it's a tetrad of lunar eclipses. The third eclipse is a PARTIAL eclipse, not a total one.

i don't remember saying they were viable from Jerusalem. just that they were on Jewish holidays.  if i did say that i apologize.  I don't believe the past ones were are visible from Jerusalem either, so I don't see your point.

This was where i went to to see if this was on the level    
April 2015 lunar eclipse
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
320px-Lunar_eclipse_chart_close-2015Apr0
magnify-clip.png

A total lunar eclipse will take place on April 4, 2015, the first of two total lunar eclipses in 2015. Totality will last only 4 minutes and 43 seconds.[1]

Shalom, other one.

April 2015 lunar eclipse
magnify-clip.png

A total lunar eclipse will take place on April 4, 2015, the first of two total lunar eclipses in 2015. Totality will last only 4 minutes and 43 seconds.[1]

Well, I still shrug my shoulders and say, "So what?"  :noidea:  I think we can get more from the Scriptures  :read:  and the stars of haMazalowt (the Zodiac)  :star:  :shofar:  than from this tetrad :runforhills: , most of which won't be visible at all from Isra'el.

Shalom, other one.

April 2015 lunar eclipse
magnify-clip.png

Well, I still shrug my shoulders and say, "So what?"  :noidea:  I think we can get more from the Scriptures  :read:  and the stars of haMazalowt (the Zodiac)  :star:  :shofar:  than from this tetrad :runforhills: , most of which won't be visible at all from Isra'el

then go for it.....   i certainly don't expect you or anyone else have to agree....   I do hope you feel the same.

Shalom, other one.

Shalom, other one.

April 2015 lunar eclipse
magnify-clip.png

Well, I still shrug my shoulders and say, "So what?"  :noidea:  I think we can get more from the Scriptures  :read:  and the stars of haMazalowt (the Zodiac)  :star:  :shofar:  than from this tetrad :runforhills: , most of which won't be visible at all from Isra'el

then go for it.....   but must you demand everyone else to follow you???

then go for it.....   i certainly don't expect you or anyone else have to agree....   I do hope you feel the same.

I'm glad you changed your mind about how you posted that. No, I don't demand everyone else to follow me, and I, like you, certainly don't expect you or anyone else to have to agree with me. On the other hand, just remember: We should not be "fear mongers"; y'know, like "fish mongers" are "sellers of fish?" We don't peddle fear, or at least, we shouldn't. We are to LEAD people to the Lord, not try to scare them through the gate! ENTICE them with how good God is! Don't try to worry them about the fire (or the tribulation)! Remember, the message of the Gospel is this:

Isaiah 52:7

7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

KJV

And what did our Lord say?

Matthew 11:28-30

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

KJV

And remember Paul's words to Timothy:

2 Timothy 1:6-14
6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:
11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.
12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
14 That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.
KJV

Our message is a POSITIVE one, not so much on the negative side! It just seems to me that pretribulational rapturists are ALWAYS looking for new ways to say, "The rapture could happen at any moment!" God bless you.