Fez

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  67

I've been reading this thread and wondering where it's going.  ;)

I want to share something with you all. :)

I'm not posting this to sound as if I'm taking sides but it is something that has always stayed with me since I've been a member of Worthy.

To be honest I don't even recall when it was written or in what thread it was written on. 

But here goes.  :)  (Oh, and I'm ancient so I have the right to forget :laugh: )

"You don't have to be a missionary / evangelist / teacher.

You don't have to have a fantastic singing voice, play an instrument, be an orator.

You don't have to be an awesome writer and know how to spell.

You don't have to memorize the bible (knowing a few verses is nice)

You don't have to be a pastor, elder, deacon or doorman.

You don't have to be rich You don't have to be poor,,,,

You don't have to be healthy.

You don't have to be sick....................

Ever noticed how people seem to be drawn to someone who Loves others?

If you are going to be anything, strive for anything, strive to be a servant to others. And serve them Love.

Tell them, show them the love you have for Jesus."

Those words were written and posted by brother Fez!  :emot-hug: 

I copied them quite a while ago and have used them often and I'm grateful for the fact that in a nut shell that is what , "Worthy is about"

God bless you Fez.

Those words taught me so much.

They made me reflect on just how much we as members of,"Worthy need to think , pray and ask ourselves before we start a topic, reply or hit the post button.

We need to put those words into our daily lives. 

Yes, this is a message board , yes this is an Internet community, but it's also so much more.

It's a Ministry and that includes all of Worthy, including the chat rooms.   :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  5

Eschatological subjects are fine and I see no problem with most. It is just that when we start concentrating on aliens, satan constructed UFOs, and the plethora of other stuff recently being forwarded on the boards, we diminish something of the message. If I walked into a church that was concentrating on the above, or politics, I would leave.

There are sections of this forum devoted to politics and conspiracy theories. Presumably that is so that people can discuss just those sorts of things. I actually agree with Butero here, in this isn't a church, it's a forum and constructed in a way that people can indulge these types of discussions. I enjoy discussing politics, for instance, and I find it interesting to do that in the context of Christianity. There are times I have felt it helpful. Now UFOs isn't my cup of tea, to put it mildly, but I don't see why that doesn't belong in certain parts of the board set up for that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

Eschatological subjects are fine and I see no problem with most. It is just that when we start concentrating on aliens, satan constructed UFOs, and the plethora of other stuff recently being forwarded on the boards, we diminish something of the message. If I walked into a church that was concentrating on the above, or politics, I would leave.

This isn't a church.  It is a message board.  We discuss sports here as well.  We have sections for chit chat.  Why shouldn't we be able to discuss aliens and UFOs?  Why shouldn't people be able to discuss any topic that interests them?  If you are looking at this place as a church, then you would have to change everything.  You would need to remove all sections dealing with anything other than doctrine.  

Do we get a potluck forum then? 

Sorry couldnt resist.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Does whatever you do, whatever, everything, give Glory to God? All the time?

I know I am not in that league. I try, all the time, as most of the people I know do.

Does speculation about aliens Glorify God, advance His Kingdom here, now?

Do some of the members we have on Worthy, who are discussing these subjects, and are saved believers (I doubt no one's salvation), actually know what it means to be Loved by Jesus? How many of us really understand what that Love means? I sometimes struggle with what that Love really means, I can quote the scripture, internalize the concept, but do I really understand what that Love means? What it means to experience it? To live in it 24/7?

If you for one instant (and you were totally honest with yourself), doubted, or could not instantly Know, then you need to look at yourself with a very polished mirror.

And if you wondered even for an instant, aliens, satan and UFO's are the very last thing you should concern yourself with. 

Now UFOs isn't my cup of tea, to put it mildly, but I don't see why that doesn't belong in certain parts of the board set up for that.

It's right where it should be alpha, but Worthy is first and foremost a Ministry, and my point is that I have seen people concentrate on what is in your quote (thank you for providing an example) almost exclusively, and I wonder how it Glorifies God?

Do you (not just you alpha, all of us) feel the awesome, amazing, all encompassing, secure, Love of God in your life, all the time?

I don't, all the time, because I have my bad days (if I were to look in my own mirror).

And no UFO is going to help me accept His Love.

"And if you wondered even for an instant, aliens, satan and UFO's are the very last thing you should concern yourself with". 

And if you wondered even for an instant, aliens, satan and UFO's are the very last thing you should concern yourself with. 

Why?   

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,390
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

This isn't a church.  It is a message board.  We discuss sports here as well.  We have sections for chit chat.  Why shouldn't we be able to discuss aliens and UFOs?  Why shouldn't people be able to discuss any topic that interests them?  If you are looking at this place as a church, then you would have to change everything.  You would need to remove all sections dealing with anything other than doctrine.  

Do we get a potluck forum then? 

Sorry couldnt resist.

yes, it has something to do with a really nice young lady wondering if it was just her.......   that's about as pot luck as it comes...  :brightidea:

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,390
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I know I am not in that league. I try, all the time, as most of the people I know do.

Do some of the members we have on Worthy, who are discussing these subjects, and are saved believers (I doubt no one's salvation), actually know what it means to be Loved by Jesus? How many of us really understand what that Love means? I sometimes struggle with what that Love really means, I can quote the scripture, internalize the concept, but do I really understand what that Love means? What it means to experience it? To live in it 24/7?

If you for one instant (and you were totally honest with yourself), doubted, or could not instantly Know, then you need to look at yourself with a very polished mirror.

Now UFOs isn't my cup of tea, to put it mildly, but I don't see why that doesn't belong in certain parts of the board set up for that.

It's right where it should be alpha, but Worthy is first and foremost a Ministry, and my point is that I have seen people concentrate on what is in your quote (thank you for providing an example) almost exclusively, and I wonder how it Glorifies God?

Do you (not just you alpha, all of us) feel the awesome, amazing, all encompassing, secure, Love of God in your life, all the time?

I don't, all the time, because I have my bad days (if I were to look in my own mirror).

"And if you wondered even for an instant, aliens, satan and UFO's are the very last thing you should concern yourself with". 

Fez to you these things seem minor to you.  If what I've seen comes to fruit they will before long be a much larger part of even your life, and in the US even more so. Most of the people I read on here talking about the subject are not speaking of little green men from mars, but demonic and fallen angels from places most people don't comprehend.

How simple is it when you've been on standby all weekend and worked about 30 hours Saturday ans Sunday and the spirit gets you up about 2:00 AM to pray for someone who is about to do something crazy with the devil.

I get a half dozen emails or phone calls a day from people dealing with problems from dark forces beyond their control.  Some from people who get my email/phone number through here.  It is the talk within Worthy that gets them to call or write.  So I would very much disagree that it is not part of any ministry.  When I first checked in tonight there were 24 members and 120 guests that were active..  not being a servant I can't tell where they are looking easily, but someone needs to know before we decide to limit conversations, if that's where this thread might lead

As for the love of the Lord, considering what he pulled me from in 1978 I do not see how you could love and appreciate his love and forgiveness more than I.

When we talk of fallen angels and demons, I speak from personal experience for I walked among them for about 7 years.  I had those promises of power and wealth to join them and but for the interference of the Lord most likely would have.  I have more reason to love the Lord than most everyone I know.

W

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  5

I don't see what's wrong with people being curious and wondering about the world. I do not think there are alien spacecraft (or demons masquerading as aliens) at all but I don't see why I should get on anybody's case for wondering. Should I not be interested in discussing or even debating politics? Should I not have a passion for science or spend free time reading about history?

Presumably people have a lot of varied interests, and personalities, and the board set up reflects that. Sure, it's possible that some people obsess and possibly to the neglect of other things, fundamental things, but I don't know that. I know for myself that God speaks to me in many areas of inquiry, and sometimes in nonobvious ways.

Still this springs to mind:

1 cr 12:14-20

For the body does not consist of one member but of many. If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body.  And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would be the sense of hearing? If the whole body were an ear, where would be the sense of smell? But as it is, God arranged the members in the body, each one of them, as he chose. If all were a single member, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, yet one body.

This is in the context of gifts and things but I think it is applicable here, insofar as we have different personalities, gifts and interests. I see no reason why they can't all be complementary rather than insisting that everybody be one way.

Christians are not isolated from all of these other things, we live in the world. We are curious about it, sometimes we interact with it. I would personally rather see people be able to discuss UFOs with people who are God fucused, so that there is a balance and an opportunity to discover what  Godly perspective might be. Personally, I have no interest in sports, to me it is totally worthless and mindless, but others find great enjoyment in discussing sports. I think it is a good thing to be able to do that with other believers. Does that glorify God? Maybe not directly, but I think God's family enjoying each other does.

Your life sounds like a great example to other Fez, keep it up. I suspect though, if this forum only discussed spiritual things and a narrow way of living spiritually, that the population would fall by 90% or more. In fact, I myself might leave. I enjoy the diversity of thoughts and interests here, and I enjoy those who disagree witn me more than those who do not. Likemindedness is a good thing, but it can also be boring and fail to provide any sort of stretching or growth in knowledge.

As others have said, this is not a church. In fact, it is not only not a church, it's doors are open to cultists, agnostics, atheists, wiccans etc., and I am glad it is, I am, not a big fan of preaching to the choire. Anyone who does ot like reading about demons, UFOs, politics etc, does not have to read those threads.