• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I don’t even know quite how to start this post. So I will just start and see where it takes me.

I have been on Worthy for some time, I met my wife here and we have a God filled, incredible marriage. We are on the leadership of our church and she sings in the worship group. We have home group, prayer meetings, etc, at our house. I have another “rustic” home in Mozambique from where mostly now, because of my work commitments, my brother does a lot of the outreach at the mission we serve there. (Over 15 years, civil war and landmines included). My wife and I also go into southern Mozambique and the capitol Maputo with my pastor and teach rural pastors how to teach and run church under scriptural lines when we can.

She maintains the website for the orphanage our church runs, and this requires her full time commitment as well, because through it we get the sponsorship we need to raise 17 kids, some HIV positive, who we house, feed and send to school, and feed another 60 kids or so one meal a day at a local school.

We do this because we Love Jesus, no more no less. It is not works, we don’t even question that. It is because we are sort of driven to do it. We love doing it, all, including our service time at church where we clean toilets, serve tea, carry sound equipment, etc.

Why am I telling you this?

So that you understand where I am coming from when I say what I wanted to say when I started writing.

I read posts about aliens, demons, evolution, days, moons, politics, bible/s, end times, horses and helicopters, etc, and sometimes I despair.

Because for me it is so simple, and I don’t get why other people who profess to be believers, don’t get how simple it really is. Why they love to complicate things.

For me it’s about Jesus and the fact that He Loves me! Really, many of us don’t get what that actually means. They can’t accept it. Get that, and you get IT. Everything else fades into inconsequentials.

Tertullian said “But we prefer if it must be so, to be less wise in the scriptures, than to be wise against them”

God, through Solomon said,

Ecc 12:11  The words of the wise are like goads, and like nails firmly fixed are the collected sayings; they are given by one Shepherd.

Ecc 12:12  My son, beware of anything beyond these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

Ecc 12:13  The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.

Ecc 12:14  For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil.

And His commandment is to Love.

Simple really......

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

We are not any of us the same Fez.  Please don't put your walk on me and expect me to follow in your foot steps.  While it may be simple to you , the devil complicates a lot of people's lives and while you do the work of taking care of the needs of some around you, some of us deal directly with the dark side itself on behalf of others.

So while I would never question your walk or question what you perceive is your walk, i would also expect the same from everyone else. we are all driven to do the work set out for each of us........   and I pray to God that you never need my help.

I will say one more thing.......  just reading about the things some of us post here will if we are right give you and everyone else the advanced notice of the deceptions coming.

If you take the time to analyze these threads it seems to me we spend as much time or more talking about why esoteric threads are needed or being ridiculed for even talking about it.

I read posts about aliens, demons, evolution, days, moons, politics, bible/s, end times, horses and helicopters, etc,

hahaha, helicopters. that's funny Fez. stay blessed good one. you've got the fruit. :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

I'm with you Fez! It really IS that simple. Look forward, not back, and not side to side :). Keep your eyes on Jesus and everything else falls into place. Don't be distracted by all those things that seem to be put in your path. A simple faith is a simple life. And it is definitely all about love.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting.....

What would make you fell better, If everyone held the same revelation about GOD as you do?

That didn't occur with the disciples that walked with Christ so why would you think that to be the case now?

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings to Everyone!

Oh,Beloved Fez...I do understand what you are saying,I really do....sometimes I am overwhelmed by the discussions &/or debates that end up becoming a tug of war of who has the correct interpretation or who is  a "better" Christian & it does make everything seem so irrelevant...but its not,maybe not everyone does "get it' but hopefully if they spend enough time here around people that do "get it"they will grow & mature.....It's not the topics that are the problem it is the intent & motives of the participants(in many cases,not all)and with hope in Christ & much prayer,that too can change.....

I would love for my life to be like yours,to be able to serve the Lord in so many ways and with someone at my side who loves me & love them....but that is not what God has for me,I am so grateful that the Lord has lead me to Worthy so He can use me to reflect His love here......before this,it was me & the 4 walls on many a day due to the disabilities I have for now...at least now,even if I cant meet the physical requirements that the other areas of ministry require,I can be committed to Worthy

We all just have to pray for one another that we can all walk according to Gods Will & the purpose of His plan for each & every one of us....I pray for you,you pray for me,& we ask the Lord to refresh our indwelling everyday that we may have the heart & mind of Christ in everything we do.......what may be very trivial to me ,may be very important to someone elses growth.....all we can do,like you said"is love one another in Christ'....it's all about Him,no matter how big or small....

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

Jesus Christ died on the Cross for our sins.If we believe in Him we will have eternity in heaven with Him.John 3:16 comes to mind.Yes,this is a simple concept but many,many do not believe in this.Many Christians are Christians by name only.God knows everyones heart.We can plant the seed and that is it.God has to take over from there.It sounds like you have a lovely wife Fez.And it sounds like you are proud of her :thumbsup:.

if you keep this site that simple, this place will die as several others i have frequented when they started limiting the discussions to simple things that we all agree on.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

if you keep this site that simple, this place will die as several others i have frequented when they started limiting the discussions to simple things that we all agree on.

My point is that we cannot change what is to come, it is written that it will.

We can guess and postulate (as we have done for 4000 years or so), but we don't know anything for sure except Jesus is coming to claim His bride.

I will say one more thing.......  just reading about the things some of us post here will if we are right give you and everyone else the advanced notice of the deceptions coming.

My point exactly. We know there is tribulation coming! We already have the advanced notice, and don't need people telling us about fiery locusts, et al.

The preparation for is coming is laid out in the Gospels, Paul's letters, and the few others. But mainly in the words of Jesus! He has told us how to prepare.

He has told us to Love and Forgive, and not (and here I am only trying to make a point - based however on some posts), to train our telescopes on the hole in the moon that alien vehicles are flying out of).

That and stuff like that is not Ministry, nor does it bear fruit. And frankly I think it comes not from light, but the way it is posted and said, from somewhere else.

My point is that we cannot change what is to come, it is written that it will.

We can guess and postulate (as we have done for 4000 years or so), but we don't know anything for sure except Jesus is coming to claim His bride.

My point exactly. We know there is tribulation coming! We already have the advanced notice, and don't need people telling us about fiery locusts, et al.

The preparation for is coming is laid out in the Gospels, Paul's letters, and the few others. But mainly in the words of Jesus! He has told us how to prepare.

He has told us to Love and Forgive, and not (and here I am only trying to make a point - based however on some posts), to train our telescopes on the hole in the moon that alien vehicles are flying out of).

That and stuff like that is not Ministry, nor does it bear fruit. And frankly I think it comes not from light, but the way it is posted and said, from somewhere else.

Each to their own.....   I guess you do expect others to follow your footsteps.