• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

How do I accept God’s Love for me? Do I even know what His Love for me is?

It’s a hard question to answer, because there is not just one answer.

God’s Love is manifest in Him sending His Son to die on a Cross for my sins, and to give me the totally unwarranted gift of salvation through His Grace alone. We all (I think all), accept this as one of the precepts of God’s Love for us.

I also know that God’s Love is constant, never changing and all encompassing, whether He is blessing me or disciplining me. Above all His Love is impartial, (some translations use the word impartial quite a bit), - His love takes no sides.

I struggled for years to articulate, to fully understand His Love for me (I am a person who always feels uncomfortable receiving a blessing, gift or compliment, and I have always been that way). I did learn this. It’s much easier to accept the Love of someone intent on loving you if you are advancing toward them or resting in their presence. It’s almost impossible to accept the Love if you are walking away from the person intent on Loving you. (Even though they still love you)

During really bad times of my life, before operations (on the operating table), in mentally depressed or downcast states, losing both my parents and my nephew, one thing I have always known. God Loves me, He does not stop Loving me, His Love never falters, and in bad times I rest in that (because my love for Him can falter, and be affected by my circumstance, I am human), but His does not. I just put my head down and I slog or plow along, sometimes in my own world, ignoring the world around me, I just move forward, sometimes at a snail’s pace. My wife has said to me I don’t know how you do it, you are sick as a dog, stressed and working to the bone, but you just carry on. I do this because through my pity party, and my woe is me, nobody loves me everybody hates me go in the garden and eat worms, unpleasant to be around state, I know one thing. God Loves me, and He will always be there.

So, to answer some questions….

God Loves me, I know He does, He has proved His constant, rock foundation love over and over again. And that Love never changes.

But we are all different, and as believers we all accept that unchanging Love in different ways.

And that’s why there is no stock one answer fits all to the question as to what does God’s Love means to you.

This Love overrides, all, everything, it is as immense and endless as is our God.

His Love is the core of my existence, and my love for Him (and I do with heart and soul), cannot match it.

As my core, His Love for me drives me to want to please Him, (that’s working for Him) not my love for Him trying to prove myself to Him (that’s works).

That’s what Gods Love means to me.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

God’s Love is manifest in Him sending His Son to die on a Cross for my sins, and to give me the totally unwarranted gift of salvation through His Grace alone. We all (I think all), accept this as one of the precepts of God’s Love for us.

I also know that God’s Love is constant, never changing and all encompassing, whether He is blessing me or disciplining me. Above all His Love is impartial, (some translations use the word impartial quite a bit), - His love takes no sides.

I struggled for years to articulate, to fully understand His Love for me (I am a person who always feels uncomfortable receiving a blessing, gift or compliment, and I have always been that way). I did learn this. It’s much easier to accept the Love of someone intent on loving you if you are advancing toward them or resting in their presence. It’s almost impossible to accept the Love if you are walking away from the person intent on Loving you. (Even though they still love you)

During really bad times of my life, before operations (on the operating table), in mentally depressed or downcast states, losing both my parents and my nephew, one thing I have always known. God Loves me, He does not stop Loving me, His Love never falters, and in bad times I rest in that (because my love for Him can falter, and be affected by my circumstance, I am human), but His does not. I just put my head down and I slog or plow along, sometimes in my own world, ignoring the world around me, I just move forward, sometimes at a snail’s pace. My wife has said to me I don’t know how you do it, you are sick as a dog, stressed and working to the bone, but you just carry on. I do this because through my pity party, and my woe is me, nobody loves me everybody hates me go in the garden and eat worms, unpleasant to be around state, I know one thing. God Loves me, and He will always be there.

God Loves me, I know He does, He has proved His constant, rock foundation love over and over again. And that Love never changes.

But we are all different, and as believers we all accept that unchanging Love in different ways.

And that’s why there is no stock one answer fits all to the question as to what does God’s Love means to you.

This Love overrides, all, everything, it is as immense and endless as is our God.

His Love is the core of my existence, and my love for Him (and I do with heart and soul), cannot match it.

As my core, His Love for me drives me to want to please Him, (that’s working for Him) not my love for Him trying to prove myself to Him (that’s works).

Amen! Its God's love that draws every believer, every part of the body as strange as each part seems, is drawn by that same unfathomable love

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601

Amen! Its God's love that draws every believer, every part of the body as strange as each part seems, is drawn by that same unfathomable love

Oh Yes...It was and is still-His Love That Draws me!!! Whew...I Love ya'll...In Jesus' Name...And In One Accord and One Mind Concerning His Love for us and Our Love for Him!!! My my...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  616

On 10/17/2013 at 6:11 AM, Fez said:

If this was the case! and there really wasn't one pat answer and several people who answered in a similar fashion of what God's love meant to them,  then why in the world would you say something along the lines "up until this point nobody seems to be able to give the correct answer" (my paraphrase) leading the whole thread participation to believe you have some secret knowledge of what the love of God is and why this seemingly secret knowledge is almost crucial for ones salvation, and nobody on the thread GETS IT! except you!

Its no wonder "Man" didn't want to give you an answer, who would ? and it really seemed like a tag team event of Christian badgering someone who didn't feel led to join a church

Is this what the ministry of this site boils down to, badgering people, to the point they have to ask the moderators to "let it go"

and God forbid anyone speak out against such behavior because we know the ramifications for that!

thanks for posting a clear correct answer of what the love of God means to you and finally explaining that there was no ONE correct answer , its all water over the dam at this point.

actually I find there are whole sections on this site that prove practically to be "speed traps" for the lack of better wording, why have threads that Moderators can't tolerate the things discussed in them, this makes absolutely no sense what's so ever. It would be the equivalent of having the Nazi's decide what Jews get to live and which ones must go.

Why have them if they bother the moderators so bad!

If some crazy alien conspiracy didn't exist then why in the world are they discussing such top secret contingency plans on the senate floor, for what seems to be some kind of invasion, and from what the speaker says it not a foreign army.

And the secretary of defense in Canada is seeking full discloser in hopes that we will make peace with these "alien" (fallen angels)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Well said Micheal, Well said!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1957

Very well said....

My words could never show, the Loving Lord I have come to know. I would give everything I own... my Love, my Life, my Home just to have him back again.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

I accept God's love for me by loving Him,by being obedient to Him,by asking Him into my life to be my savior.

I take a look at the cross.That is what I see.God's love for me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,254
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

When I first asked God to forgive me of my sin at age 13, I had very little if any teaching except for Bible stories. Immediately the temptor came to me and asked "how do you know that He will forgive you?" And our Savior provided the answer with the words of the old hymn I had learned at age 4. Jesus loves me, this I know, for the bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong, they are week but He is strong. Yes, Jesus loves me. I knew God would forgive me because Jesus loves me. It is as simple as that. His love casts out fear, gives assurance, keeps us, protects us and draws us back to Himself. It is our security and our peace. It ties us to other Christians, and it defines us as Christians.

As to some of the posts above, do we need to remind ourselves that satan is the railing accuser of the brethern? He twists the meaning of words to say things that are not said.

Don't we all need to stand in the place of forgiveness and love of one another? Love meekly and patiently bears ill treatment from others. Love is kind, gentle, benign, pervading and penetrating the whole nature, mellowing all which would be harsh and austere; ---is not irritated, provoked, exasperated, aroused to anger; does not take into account the evil [which it suffers],--bears up under all things not losing heart or courage--1 Cor.13:4-8, Wuest expanded translation.

It is easy to hide behind cyber space and exchange ideas. It is much harder to give of ourselves to other imperfect flesh and blood people in desperate need of God's love.

Blessings to each of you ,

Willa

Eph 4:1-3 NKJV I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which your were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in the bond of peace,

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Sorry Fez, I started another thread concerning this very topic in the testimonies' section, as it came up so much in the 'it's simple' thread that you started previously - i wasn't aware that you started this one until this moment; my bad...