• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Compulsive.....OCD?

I don't think my addiction ever got that bad to the point of obsessive, however I'm not fully healed yet. I guess you can say, I'm working through it.

Their is a huge number of people in our world that have OCD.It just has not gotten so bad that it affects their life so they are not able to go on with their everyday activities.It is very,very common.

Okay all. OCD is different from addictions. OCD tells you that you have to flip the light switch on and off 10 times or something bad will happen. :crazy:   I have OCD. In a weird sort of way. My glasses and cell phone have to be in the same spot every night on my nightstand. It just has to be that way. My cup at the dinner table has to go in the same spot above my plate. And other little weird things like that I do.

It is the difference with obsessions vs. addictions.Sometimes addictions can lead to obsessions and visa versa.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

I'm addicted to this message board. I keep having to pop in here every so often and read stuff and post my wonderful thoughts for all of you to read. Though I am not sure that is a bad thing.

Yeah...I love this addiction to the message boards...and Jesus...

Compulsive.....OCD?

I don't think my addiction ever got that bad to the point of obsessive, however I'm not fully healed yet. I guess you can say, I'm working through it.

Their is a huge number of people in our world that have OCD.It just has not gotten so bad that it affects their life so they are not able to go on with their everyday activities.It is very,very common.

Okay all. OCD is different from addictions. OCD tells you that you have to flip the light switch on and off 10 times or something bad will happen. :crazy:   I have OCD. In a weird sort of way. My glasses and cell phone have to be in the same spot every night on my nightstand. It just has to be that way. My cup at the dinner table has to go in the same spot above my plate. And other little weird things like that I do.

LadyKay...You made me laugh so hard...(Keep in mind though I know how things can get with addiction-let's just say-it's not good-but I have to laugh sometimes-especially at myself-to keep from crying-and it's a real good medicine) but the reason I was laughing so hard last night when I read what you wrote..."If I don't put something in the same place every time...I can't find the thing!!!" Hahaha (but I sure don't want to invent another condition-Hahaha) Much love to you In The Name of Jesus!!! Whew He Saved us!!!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/18/1985

As with most men my addiction is mostly about going to certain websites I shouldn't be going to.  Luckily I don't smoke, drink coffee, or do any kind of drugs beyond taking prescription medications for mental illness.  I remember reading that sexual addictions are sometimes as hard to break from as herione...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

As with most men my addiction is mostly about going to certain websites I shouldn't be going to.  Luckily I don't smoke, drink coffee, or do any kind of drugs beyond taking prescription medications for mental illness.  I remember reading that sexual addictions are sometimes as hard to break from as herione...

"Spiritual Warfare" by Karl Payne should help with that.