missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/03/business/meet-your-friendly-neighborhood-drones/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

Apart from what they do for the military; drones have already proven themselves capable sheep herders, delivery boys, tour guides, filmmakers, archaeologists, and -- possibly -- spies.

The global economic potential of these machines is astounding; a recent study estimated the worldwide market for unmaned aerial vehicles (UAVs) at $89 billion in 2013.

Proponents are eager to point out the many ways they're going to make our lives better.

"Really, this technology is an extra tool to help an industry be more effective," says Gretchen West, the executive vice president for the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI).

"With precision agriculture, for example, it can take pictures of fields so farmers can identify problems they wouldn't necessarily see walking through the fields. In law enforcement, you could find a child lost in the woods more easily than walking through a field, particularly if there's bad weather or treacherous ground."

Drones make surveillance cheaper and easier, so you can expect to see more of it
Ryan Calo, University of Washington

While it may seem that drones are set to take over our lives, the reality is a bit more complicated. Drone usage around the world is definitely picking up in the public sector, but when it comes to commercial activity, many countries have strict limitations.

Proponents are eager to point out the many ways they're going to make our lives better.

While there may be some ways drones could make industry more efficient and effective, there are also ways this technology will be abused. Its part of reality in the fallen world in which we live. Therefore:

Ah, yes. Drones will make our lives better in the soon coming totalitarian worker's "paradise," where all the spying will help rid us of all that annoying freedom that's making lives hard for so many.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

While there may be some ways drones could make industry more efficient and effective, there are also ways this technology will be abused.

That's what the enemy's counting on.  Keep watch therefore...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,718
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

They'll lengthen my hunting season. . .

:laugh:

Don't get too carried away. Wouldn't want the poor things on the endangered species list . . . :whistling:

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,718
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

:laugh:

Don't get too carried away. Wouldn't want the poor things on the endangered species list . . . :whistling:

I wonder how much it would cost to get one o them things mounted?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

rofl pat

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

If infact they make servilence cheaper and easier ...who is it that they will have under servilence? I think that they make a already huge problem bigger where privacy is concerned.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

you know, i ask myself what is it that you ever do that you wouldn't want a drone flying around watching.....   I tell myself, ok so what's the  problem with them flying around watching out for your best interest..

there are two:

1.  they are controlled by the government.

2, they almost always fly outside the range of my shotgun..

seriously if they were only used by our local police departments for the things we presently use helicopters for, i don't think i would have a problem with it.....   but what in history past has governments sooner or later not abused, perverted or turned over to corporations to harass us  to no end.  the potential is too great to let the federal government do until we get people in government representing us instead of corporations.

the federal government was designed not to have freedom......  ti was limited in it's powers and we have let the thing out of it's cage and it's about to eat us from my viewpoint.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

So are you required to give a tip if a drone drops off a pizza at your door? :P