truthseeker

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

not if you are reading English because it has been hidden in the translation.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The Hebrew did tell us what his name was you just can't see it in the English translation.  What I refer to him as depends on who I am talking to, when I am talking to him it is Father. when I am talking to someone else it is Yahvah or short Yah.  But there are titles also he is El of the Elohim (Sons of El),  When we say God, it is a English translation of the Hebrew word Elohim.  In other words when the English says the LORD thy  God in Hebrew it is Yhavah your Elohim.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well, seeins that they are forbidden to speak it and they have no vowels and it's simply written in really weird letters   [   יהוה  ] that we sort of translate YHVH and we don't really know what vowels might go in between I'd say that there are many possibilities and none of us really know for sure.   And since we don't know for sure why do some people make such a big deal out of it.

to add to that, I have listened to the names that the Kabbalists use and my tongue won't make those sounds.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  3

There are many good posts here, and helpful to understand the Hebrew origin of the Name as revealed in the Torah (1st 5 books of OT). I would like to add that Jesus came to reveal the Father in a much more personal way....."If you have seen ME, you have seen the Father!"

Also, "There is only ONE NAME given under heaven by which men can be saved" and that is the name of Jesus! Many of the names of God in the OT describe specific aspects of His character and being...even the YHVH (" I AM that I AM") is more of a description of Himself as the self existing one or similar. He even names Himself according to His devoted followers at times ("I am the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob" and others). The name Jesus has a meaning also in its Hebrew original version (Jesus is a version of the greek, pronounced "Yay-soos") of "God is salvation" or "God saves". Of all the revealed names, it seems that the name of Jesus is the one that the Father has put all authority in. It is in that name that God ordains that prayers are heard and answered, and miracles and deliverance from all the power of the enemy is available. It is also that name that all of satan's wiles are set against to defame and attempt to confuse and water down our understanding of Who that name stands for. 

There is much to glean and learn from studying the names of God, and whole books are written on the subject. I just wanted to point to the one name that is "the name above every name that is named" JESUS!!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/01/1979

I have noticed that there are many names for God:

Jehovah

Yahweh

Adonai

El Shaddai

Elohim

Shekinah

Eyeh Asher Eyeh

I'm just curious, does anyone know His true name?

He is the ALPHA and OMEGA

Jehovah

Yahweh

Adonai

El Shaddai

Elohim

Shekinah

Eyeh Asher Eyeh

:thumbsup:

And The Almighty

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  01/01/1979

Jehovah

Yahweh

Adonai

El Shaddai

Elohim

Shekinah

Eyeh Asher Eyeh

:thumbsup:

And The Almighty

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8

RIGHT ON BROTHER

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

I would say that as long as your heart is in the right place, then it doesn't matter which of his names or titles you use. I truly think it's the intention of the heart that matters most, not if you have used the correct title with all the vowels in the right place.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

In Malachi God the Father says -" I am the Lord, I do not change".

In Revelation Jesus says - "I am the First and the Last." "I am He who lives -"

There are so many names attributed to God yet He says, "I am that I am"

Elohim - My Creator

Jehovah - My Lord God

Adonai - My Master and Lord

El Shaddai - My Supplier

etc.

He is these and more.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I would say that as long as your heart is in the right place, then it doesn't matter which of his names or titles you use. I truly think it's the intention of the heart that matters most, not if you have used the correct title with all the vowels in the right place.

I agree with the spirit and intent of what you are saying. Man looks at outward things, but God looks inwardly at the heart. I think that the post is just reverently trying to seek the wisdom of the scriptures regarding our Lord and God. The scriptures inform the heart about what is right so that there can exist "a right place" for your heart to be in. I think you are cautioning people not to split hairs and miss the point, but I also think you have to be careful about simply "following your heart" when it comes to the Almighty because absolutely everything in His Word is there for a reason. It is not unwise to seek an accurate understanding of the word in regards to His Name, or anything else about Him. I do agree that He knows when we are talking to Him, even if it is out of some incomplete understanding of Him. Some groups go way overboard on pronunciations and so forth.