• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Lol, merry Christmas everyone! And it would be oh so boring without Father Christmas to make a child's day!

Granted it may not be Danish but the name "Nick" is associated with evil.

Oh for the love of pete! This has gotten totally ridicules!

You really need to take your complaints to the dictionaries in question. 

Don't shoot the messenger. 

To Shiloh357:  Unless someone has a degree in pshychology, I don't believe they are qualified to determine what is a normal reaction to finding out Santa Claus is not real?  The same thing applies to saying someone is going off the deep end to make the comparison to God and questioning his existence? 

It doesn't matter if you think they are qualified or not.  No normal person views Santa as a lie. Like I said, there may be exceptions to the rule, but that doesn't change the rule.

You are not qualified to determine what normal is.  From Websters Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary:

lie-  A false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive.  An intentional untruth.  A falsehood.

Yes, telling children Santa Claus is a real person is a lie. 

I nicked myself shaving last night. I was a demon in the razor that did it!

Guest shiloh357

To Shiloh357:  Unless someone has a degree in pshychology, I don't believe they are qualified to determine what is a normal reaction to finding out Santa Claus is not real?  The same thing applies to saying someone is going off the deep end to make the comparison to God and questioning his existence? 

It doesn't matter if you think they are qualified or not.  No normal person views Santa as a lie. Like I said, there may be exceptions to the rule, but that doesn't change the rule.

You are not qualified to determine what normal is.  From Websters Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary:

lie-  A false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive.  An intentional untruth.  A falsehood.

Yes, telling children Santa Claus is a real person is a lie. 

No one but a few extremists perpetuate this silly notion that the Santa myth is a lie. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

I don't believe they are qualified to determine what is a normal reaction to finding out Santa Claus is not real?

When I found out Santa wasn't real, I must of been around 6 or 7 years old. Some kids at school told me and I had kind of worked it out before hand because my parents would put gifts around the tree before Christmas Eve. Then on Christmas day there was the same number of gifts around the tree with labels on them saying from mom or from Dad. So I begin to wonder what happen to the gifts Santa was suppose to bring. So when I went to school and some kids starting talking about how there is no Santa, I was like yeah I know and then I went on with my life. I did not stop believing in God, and it did not send me into therapy. Santa Claus was put aside along with other childhood things such as monsters under my bed and my imaginary friend. I really do not know anyone personally who was ever traumatized by finding out Santa was not real.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I have been reading this thread. I did not grow up with Christmas and Santa, so don't have much to contribute.  

But, as I was reading the question about telling children about Santa, the fairy tale, or Santa as real, it made me think of Disneyland/world.

There is an age, usually 4 or 5 and younger, when children taken to Disneyland see the characters, like Cinderella and believe that she is real. Obviously she is a fairy tale but to a young child, seeing is believing and they see these characters as real.  So, my guess is that a young child would hear about Santa, then go to the mall and see Santa and believe him to be real.  

Obviously children outgrow this stage, and will at some point go to Disneyland, see Cinderella and realize this is not really Cinderella but someone dressed up to look like the fairy tale Cinderella.

Whether someone is traumatized or not, is there anything in the Word of God that supports lying to a child?

So Disney is a no, no then? An evil lying empire? Why would anyone want to steal Cinderella or Snow White from a child? Or Santa?