IGNORED

A vital question: How to identify a person is a Christian?

silviawang

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Silvia, you are such a blessing to read.  Thank you for being here.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,370
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

thks kwikphilly ,i still try my best to learn english,i hope communication with y thoroughly ,but i still can not achieve this

religion,faith...is the ultimate serious problem about life,it is not so easy

in 2003 ,i began my Christian journey,and took part in a chinese Christian forumbut it was been closed in 2007,i heard it was bcs that forum was established by the south Korean Christian community but as some south Korean Christians were been killed in Afghanistan in 2007,that  forum was been closed.

After that ,in 2007---2011,I tried to preach the good news in several biggest Chinese  forums,and argued with atheist, Buddhist,  Catholic, Muslim……but all I got is the argument,I really could not persuade them to be the Christian,

But in this period I myself got lots of knowledge,and full understanding of  religion ,and together with the experience walking and working with GOD.

In 2005 I came here, at the initial time I came here for 2 reasons

1-       in 2004 I tried began the career in international biz,I need to learn English, but now this reason was gone.

2-    I think the mainstream of Christian is in west, mainly in America (I mean the Protestant),as the Christian is too faraway from the Chinese culture, I think I need to learn the pureknowledge of Christian, so I read English Bible, listen to the American pastor, actually I find that the Chinese Bible Translation is too Chinese ,lots of sentences will cause misunderstanding ,I do not know how to explain it clearly ,but it is not my own opinion .i can not explain the  culture gap between the west and east, actually the biggest encouragement to my faith is not the thousands of sermons I listened, not the fellowship with brothers and sisters, but a Chinese who raised in USA shared his experience of faith,it's a great story, so the testimony how to keep the faith in life is vital in my way to understand Christian.

I think the issue lies in the that which is earthy which tries to elevate by intensities of effort (over worded), (complexities of words), is distracting from

the Word of God by elevating mans abilities or glorying in such ... if all our ways are filthiness then we are going to need another way other than our 

own or what we have been born into :)  Love, Steven

I guess you don't know before another Bible can received a copyright, it has to be changed by 10% if I remember correctly. Google the internet and ask what was left out in all the bibles you mention here.  Some left complete verses out.  one leaves the word blood out.  The catholic vulgate leaves  out the 2cd commandant.  There shall not bow down to other gods.  But, the catholic are always, bowing down to their unholy pope, kissing a ring on his hand, kissing the foot of a stone figure in the Vatican.  I rest my case.

Actually the 2nd Commandment is, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself".

If you're going talk down to people, ( which is a violation of that 2nd commandment ) at least have your facts straight.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

When discussing if anyone is a Christian, realize that not all Christians are at the same place in their walk with Christ.  Some are more mature and their fruit bear witness, while others are just starting their walk and may not bear much fruit yet.  Allow the Holy Spirit to guide you in questions like this.  His answer will always reflect that of the Father. We, alone, cannot know the heart of another.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The bow down was removed, They added, love the Lord, with all thy mind with all thy heart.  Remember, what Christ said about, adding to or taking away from this Book.

The bow down was removed, They added, love the Lord, with all thy mind with all thy heart.  Remember, what Christ said about, adding to or taking away from this Book.

Who added that?

Try to be more specific in your posts. It saves time. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I have split this thread, moving the discussion of the KJV bible to this thread ...

Let's keep this discussion "Christ like" with our responses and not continue the attacks on others.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

When discussing if anyone is a Christian, realize that not all Christians are at the same place in their walk with Christ. Some are more mature and their fruit bear witness, while others are just starting their walk and may not bear much fruit yet. Allow the Holy Spirit to guide you in questions like this. His answer will always reflect that of the Father. We, alone, cannot know the heart of another.

Yes, you are right of course. Like I said, looking at fruits doesn't apply to every situation, say, to new believers. But I think it's no longer a good idea to talk about this right now; it pains me to admit it, but this thread has already been effectively hijacked. And whatever I've been writing to get this thread back on track seems no longer relevant....

~

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

I have split this thread, moving the discussion of the KJV bible to this thread ...

Let's keep this discussion "Christ like" with our responses and not continue the attacks on others.

I didn't see this. Thanks OneLight.

a vital question:how to identify a people is a Christian

Good morning,

Although there are many ways to answer this question, my heart takes me back to Jesus' words the night he was betrayed...

34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”  John 13:34 & 35

I do my best to keep my eyes on Christ, and prayerfully the gift(s) I've been given to use to build up others in the church, will be used to honor Him.  

God bless yall,

Randal