• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

I had another dream last night. This dream is really messing with me. I can't get it out of my head. In the dream I was invited to a party by one of my cousins. The dream started with me and my sisters getting ready for the party. Nothing really happened that's different from what really goes on when we're getting ready to go somewhere. We were running all over the place trying to get ready and trying to buy the perfect gift for her. (normal...really normal....) Okay we get to the party and my cousin has invited his gentlman that she wants me to meet. This is where I'm having a hard time with the dream.

The first thought that enters my mind when she tells me about this man is he will not like me when he hears that I'm a christian. Even when we finally meet I said hi to him, but the thought that he wouldn't like me because I'm a christian kept repeating in my head over and over again to the point that after saying hi I excused my self and walked out of the room. The dream gets really weird here and I won't go into it because from here a lot of embarrassing things happened to me and even though no one in the party knew about them the thought never left my mind. I remember being in the bathroom looking at the door and I knew that he was out there in the next room and the thought he wouldn't like me if he knew that I'm a Christian raced through my mind. I didn't want to walk out of that door.

As I walked into the other room where he was I woke up. This is really messing with me. I'm so opened with my walk with Christ. I know what he delivered me from and I don't care who knows that I love Him. He is my light in a world that is so dark. He is my guild. He is so many things to me.... I don't understand this dream. I hope someone can help me. :noidea:

God Bless You

Jacqueline

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Hi Jacqueline,

Firstly I DON'T interpret dreams, I just wanted to make that clear before I started. But I used to be in a situation a while back where I would have dreams that would come true,.............long story, don't ask, lol. Anyway, I wasn't a Christian at the time, which is i suppose a different circumstance. These dreams used to cause me such stress, mainly because i could do nothing to stop them.

Anyway, I can't remember whether I read this in the Bible, or whether it's just something i have imagined I read, but it is this "Harken not onto the dreams which ye be caused to dream, for I have not sent them, thus saith the Lord."

Possibly someone who has read more of the Bible can tell me if that is a verse in it, anyways........the dreams stopped after that.

Now don't get me wrong, I do believe that God speaks to some people through such methods, or to be more truthful, I have as yet not read anything in the Bible to suggest He doesn't.

But back to your dream, you said you walk openly and strongly with God, that much to me is evident! So consider this, has this dream planted an element of doubt in your mind? Because I think it was meant to create confusion and doubt, so I say push it away from your mind and continue to walk with God, for I don't think any good can come from dwelling on it.

But that is just my opinion.

Your Sister in Christ Jesus

Anne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Hi Jacqueline...as I read your dream I felt prompted to write two things to you.

1. Submit every thought to the L-rd and do not entertain confusion or even give disquiet a chance to trouble your spirit.

Romans 12:2 Don't be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what is the good, well-pleasing, and perfect will of God.

2. Never be ashamed of the L-rd or His Gospel in any shape or form...it is a snare and will take away your peace...pray to be bold as a lion (but also wise as a serpent and gentle as a dove).

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the Good News of Messiah, for it is the power of God for salvation for everyone who believes; for the Jew first, and also for the Greek.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

I wouldn't worry about your dream the flesh is weak...and a person never knows what he or she is going to dream, don't look for anything what is not there...

Know that God is not a God of confusion and stand strong on His world.

In this world we face tribulation and all kinds of temptation, make sure you are in tune with God and trust Him for His word.

Don't get afraid of your dreams, God does not want you to worry but to trust Him.

Angels

• 2 weeks later...
Guest antitox

I would also add not to worry over the dream. I've heard alot of dream interpretations and they usually depict something other than what we try to decipher from it. I would suggest talking with someone involved in dream interpretation before making any determination yourself.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Jacqueline,

I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way. But did your "embarassing moment" in the dream have anything to do with not being clothed?

Every once in a while when I dream, there is a part where I am not clothed during some part. And, in fact, this is a very common occurance. Most people will have a dream like this.

The first impression that I got when I read your dream was that there is some form of anxiety going on with you. Whenever you are aprehensive or ureasonably fearful in a dream it could be an indication that you have some anxiety in the real world. This is why we have those embarassing dreams where we are suddently, and for no apparent reason, stark naked in front of a crowd of people.

Not all dreams have spiritual significances, by the way. It could be that you are simply under some stress at this time of year, or perhaps you are frustrated with something. It could be a whole bunch of things. Sometimes when we dream things like this it's actually our brains trying to tell us that something needs to be dealth with. Whether this is God's way of showing us or not, is completely subjective.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Jac, Before you go to bed, do this:

In the Name of Jesus Christ and the power of His death and resurrection and by the authority I have in Christ, Satan, I command you and your demons to stay out of my mind throughout the entire night while I sleep!

Works like a CHARM! If I do that, I don't have sexual dreams. You can't help it when that happens ....you're a victim, in a sense. It's like being forced to watch a movie you don't want to see.

I pray that prayer before bedtime and thank God for protecting my mind when I'm asleep and vulnerable.

I have noticed I am under the greatest attack when sleeping so I plead the blood of Jesus and take authority under Him to protect my mind.

Works for me....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mileswhifield

Maybe you wanna meet a guy, but feel like your faith will throw him off. and that's what you have to chose, a guy or, or God.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have a Strongs Concordance? It might be good if you did a word study on dreams, dreamers, etc. There are a lot of scripture references about it in the old testament. Not every dream a person has, has a spiritual significance, or really amounts to much other than a dream. Certain foods can cause a person to have dreams, watching things on tv can cause dreams, thinking about something subconsciously can create dreams. Personally i have had some real doozies when it comes to dreams, some of them wake me up with my heart pounding and racing, i sit straight up in bed then jump out of bed and run through the house to check all the doors and windows. Then i remember later, i had pizza that i was not supposed to eat, or i watched something on tv that i really should not have been watching, ( i like sci fi shows, the sci fi channel, shows like the x files and the twilight zone ) i know...i know...bad bad me...we can't take every dream we have so seriously ya know. I dreamed once that i had penguins on my Christmas tree. So what could that possibly mean? :o

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Hi Jackie,

I am not sure exactly how to say this and certainly dont mean this offensively. I know that you have mentioned that you are in no way ashamed of Jesus and have no fear of letting others know how you feel about Him.

However when I read about the dream that you have had repeatedly for some odd reason this is what came to my heart. Perhaps God is trying to show you that although you dont see it, there is some deep deep part of you in your subconscience that is afraid to let some know how you feel about the Lord. By "some" perhaps it is someone that you want to get close to on a personal level who isn't a Christian and you are afraid that because of your faith he wont approve.

I am not saying this is the case but maybe this is what God is trying to show you. In your dream you mention the fact that you are concerned that this person will not approve of you because you are a Christian, and you keep repeating this to yourself in your dream. If you really look at this, this is a type of shame or fear, and so you run away (excuse yourself). Remember it is Gods approval that we seek..

Now I am not saying this is the case, nor am I an interpreter of dreams, nor am I saying that you lack boldness or faith, but this is what came to my mind according to what you have written.

Pray that God will give you boldness, as from the sounds of it you already have and God is trying to perfect it in all situations.

I hope I am not out of line in my post as I certainly dent mean this for harm and I might mention that I am not real articulate in my writings, so I hope I am not coming off as accusing.

In Jesus

Kevin