In secret is I how I do it.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I could relate to what you feel and I agree with the above comments. Ever since I was a kid, my mom would tell me that God has 3 answers to our prayers - Yes, No and Wait. I'm sure you'll eventually find out His reason behind each answer and that you'll figure out soon what his reply would be. Just be fervent and honest when you ask for help and also to thank Him for everything. Always call His name whenever you can! :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,243
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi 1to3,

How wonderful for your release from that awful sickness. So happy for you. Praise the Lord.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

God is the Great Healer and Physician. And does answer prayers indeed. He listens to all of the prayers. Great and small.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I try to simply pray with a sincere heart, not with many words or as if trying to convince God to do something for me. Why try to fool the One who sees our heart?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I pray with my eyes, ears and hands open, so that I may be able to see, hear, and receive the truth.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Since this has been an ongoing thread, and people continue to express how they pray, I have moved this to General.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Hey OP!  First to have prayers answered we need to make sure the problem of sin is taken care of.

In Isaiah 59:1-2 it says

Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save,
nor his ear too dull to hear.
But your iniquities have separated
you from your God;
your sins have hidden his face from you,
so that he will not hear.

So saying that we need to fix this problem of sin.  Which is simple.  Believing that Jesus took up all sin at his baptism and judged all sin at his crucifixion.
All sin has been blotted out.  Praise God!  But what of any other sin we may commit later on? 

1 John 2:1-2
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Think of it this way.  He speaks on our behalf when we sin~ as long as we believe of course ~ and think of it collectively instead of singularly.  I definitely believe in Jesus, I definitely believe he blotted out the worlds sin~ which includes mine!

Read John 13:10 Jesus said to him, “The one who has bathed does not need to wash, except for his feet, but is completely clean. --"  A believer only needs to wash their feet, but are completely clean.  It's not like you get some new sin he overlooked, that too was blotted out over 2000 years ago.  Before you were even born mind you.  KEEP IN MIND.  WASH YOUR FEET.  It means for one to ruminate on the gospel which saved you.  Confirming what Jesus has done for you.  You need to stop walking in those dirty places in your life.  Confront them today and remove them today.  It is because we are called to live a clean and holy life in front of God.  We aren't called to live how we please, but to please the father through glorifying his name.  Always seek ways to glorify God.

Next on the subject of prayer once the barrier of sin is gone by faith.  Open ears and eyes and a helping hand from God.  Ask often!  Believe you will receive what you ask for!  It doesn't matter if you don't get it TODAY if you believe you will receive it!  Jesus once said on the subject of prayer "But when the Son of man comes to the earth will their be faith on the earth?"  This means those who ask eventually lose faith in the things they are asking for.  Just continually ask and continually believe you have received it and thank God for it.  I thank God for every prayer because I know he listens and that he is very gracious to me.  The parable on the unjust judge - imagine someone continually asking someone who doesnt care about you at all and just because they are repetitive so they dont wear that unjsut judge out they give that person their petitions.  Jesus said His father is Just and how much more speedily will he give justice to his children?

Prayer is all about belief.  I have done everything in this post to much success.  I have my heart light up like God turned on a river in my heart, or a chance meeting that happens just a few moments after, or great comfort being driven to the hospital - things I have dealt with and much more.

Thank God in everything and glorify God in everything and ask with pure intention.  And most of all, cast off guilt, because Jesus has removed that through his work.  

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  67

Believe you will receive what you ask for!  It doesn't matter if you don't get it TODAY if you believe you will receive it!  

While God does answer prayer , He answers prayer when it is HIS will. 

I may think I deserve a Rolls Royce, I might believe I will receive a Rolls Royce but if it is not God's will I wont receive  a Rolls Royce. 

Often God answers No or Wait

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Believe you will receive what you ask for!  It doesn't matter if you don't get it TODAY if you believe you will receive it!  

While God does answer prayer , He answers prayer when it is HIS will. 

I may think I deserve a Rolls Royce, I might believe I will receive a Rolls Royce but if it is not God's will I wont receive  a Rolls Royce. 

Often God answers No or Wait

AMEN!  Too many place their faith in their asking and not in His will.  Perhaps learning what His will is for ones life, then one will know what to ask for!  :)