• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,314
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I can't imagine caring about anyone that I felt wronged me.

Only The Precious Lord Jesus The Christ can create that kind of heart within a person...

I know this for certain cause He has put one in me- I have no unforgiveness within me :) Love, Steven

Edited by enoob57

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

There are people who do have chemical imbalances in their brains, and that isn't any more "retarded" than those who have to take medication for diabetes or epilepsy.

You're very blessed and fortunate if your depression isn't of this kind and the Lord sees fit to heal you supernaturally or through counseling and therapy. He doesn't choose to work this way with everyone. For those people, it's the medications that are the blessing God chooses to work through.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/01/1989

There are people who do have chemical imbalances in their brains, and that isn't any more "retarded" than those who have to take medication for diabetes or epilepsy.

You're very blessed and fortunate if your depression isn't of this kind and the Lord sees fit to heal you supernaturally or through counseling and therapy. He doesn't choose to work this way with everyone. For those people, it's the medications that are the blessing God chooses to work through.

Sorry if I offended you. That's not what I was trying to do. But from my experience's and seeing the people around me. I just think that a lot of people take the mental illnesses way to far. Like ADHD/ADD.. I think some kids just need a good butt whoopin and corner time (sorry if you don't believe in butt whoopins) And depression.. That's the main one. I really don't think its a chemical imbalance. Most people who become depressed and suicidal has had some kind of trauma in their life. It could have been anything to set them off. Like rape, beaten my mom and/or dad/or guardian, molested, treated cruely in school, at home, etc.... But I really think its the devil. We know that if anyone ends their own life, they are playing God. They won't have a chance to repent unless it was slow death, which means they will probably go to hell. That's what the devil wants. I do believe it is the devil in their heads, telling them everything they don't want to hear just so that they will kill themselves..

My depression and suicidal thoughts began when I was very young. I didn't start cutting til 15. I was beaten by my mom, I was raped at 15, (the rape is what pretty much put the cherry on top for me) my aunt and uncle was the first to find out I was cutting, I was staying with them for the summer. They ended up calling my mom, they sat down with me, and I told them everything. At the time, I was confused, and all I knew is that I felt dirty, ashamed, and just awful. They told me it was rape. A couple days later I told my uncle that I was still confused and wasn't sure what it all was. He ended up telling everyone that I lied about everything. When I went home, both my mom and dad sat me down and scream and yelled at me for it. My mom would literally get in my face. They both called me horrible names. After that I just shut down. I gave up on life. I hated everyone and everything. I rebelled, started to get into Heavy Metal music, started dressing in all black, started to fail all my classes in school. Got into smoking pot and cigarettes, and drank alcohol. I was done with life. Then at 18 I met a guy, who I thought was going to get me out of my parents house, I just wanted out. I ended up having my first kid at 19, after I had her, he changed. He started beating on me, raped me almost everyday. He treated me like a piece of dirt on the ground, I had 2 more kids with him. I finally got out almost 2 years ago. While I was with him, I overdosed on painkillers. That sent me to the hospital with kidney failure, extremely low potassium, and pankreatitis. If I would have ate just a little more, I probably wouldn't be here. I also got into other drugs, like coke, and that new K2 spice. I was defiantly damned, at least I felt that way.

I tried counseling several different times but it always felt like an interview, was not helping me at all. Tried medication, never helped me. Finally, I just looked up. And realized that I don't need medication, I don't need counseling. Because God is my counselor. He actually understands me. He is all I've had in my whole entire life. He's the only one that can heal you. If you take medication, you will not be healed. You will have to take it for the rest of your life. They are just a temporary fix, and addictive. I'm pretty sure that is not what God wants for any of us. All anyone needs is FAITH....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

I just think that a lot of people take the mental illnesses way to far.

A few years ago there was a lady in an neighboring community from me. She was having a lot of problems, going through a nasty divorce and custody battle. She also had been diagnosed as manic-depressive and was on the proper medication for her condition. She wasn't a Christian, but the emotional turmoil from the divorce led her to seek out help at a local church. During the alter call, she went up for prayer. The person she was praying with reportedly told her many of the things I've read from you in this thread, that she didn't need it, that it would hinder God healing her, no such thing as chemical imbalamces, etc. She believed this person and went off her medication. Less than two weeks later, she stabbed her two young children to death with a kitchen knife and slit her wrists. She even killed the family dog. So yes, I'd say that's taking it way too far, and to a place it didn't have to go if she'd continued receiving the proper medical treatment for her condition.

I really don't think its a chemical imbalance. Most people who become depressed and suicidal has had some kind of trauma in their life. It could have been anything to set them off.

Everyone's entitled to thei opinion, and I don't begrdge you that at all. Just know that medical science says otherwise and it's dangerous to encourage people not to seek the medical help they need, dangerous for them and when dealing with mental illness, potentially dangerous for those around them. I would also say that most people period have suffered trauma in their lives, and the reason anything can set off depression in some people is because the potential was always there biologically, not all people, not everyone who feels depressed, but some. There's certainly depression not caused by chemical imbalances, but in some cases there are real, physical, medical, biological and yes, chemical causes. It's simply proven medical fact. It's no different than a woman with a hormone imbalance or a person with diabetes.

I really think its the devil.

I really think sometimes it's the devil. I also really think in the same way he'd use me getting the flu to attack me, he sometimes simply exploits a problem that's already there.

I don't need medication

Again, I rejoice with you that you didn't have the type of depression that necessitates medication. However, not all depression is of this type. Just because you didn't need it doesn't mean that no one needs it. Just because He chose to work one way with you doesn't mean He'll work that way with everyone. That's like taking two people who have cancer, one who the Lord heals supernaturally, and one who He doesn't, and saying to the one who wasn't supernaturally healed, "Now, no chemo or radiation for you, God healed this other guy so that how He's going to deal with you. That chemo will keep you from being healed, so don't go there."

He's the only one that can heal you. If you take medication, you will not be healed. You will have to take it for the rest of your life. They are just a temporary fix, and addictive. I'm pretty sure that is not what God wants for any of us. All anyone needs is FAITH....

No doubt God is the only one who can heal, but does He choose to heal everyone, and does He choose to heal everyone right away? If He doesn't heal someone, why doesn't He? Is it because they don't have enough faith, or is it because He's a sovereign God and can do as He sees fit, and maybe His priorities are higher than our physical healing? Also, what evidence do you have that if a person takes medication, they won't be healed? This is what Jehovah's Witnesses believe. Have you never taken medication for anything? If so, are you still ill with whatever you took it for? Unfortunately, there are some of us who do have to take medication for the rest of our lives, those of us who have epilepsy, diabetes, asthma, allergies.....and depression. No, not everyone with depression, but some, yes. These medications aren't addictive, any more than asthma and allergy meds that have to be taken forever are addictive.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/01/1989

I just think that a lot of people take the mental illnesses way to far.

A few years ago there was a lady in an neighboring community from me. She was having a lot of problems, going through a nasty divorce and custody battle. She also had been diagnosed as manic-depressive and was on the proper medication for her condition. She wasn't a Christian, but the emotional turmoil from the divorce led her to seek out help at a local church. During the alter call, she went up for prayer. The person she was praying with reportedly told her many of the things I've read from you in this thread, that she didn't need it, that it would hinder God healing her, no such thing as chemical imbalamces, etc. She believed this person and went off her medication. Less than two weeks later, she stabbed her two young children to death with a kitchen knife and slit her wrists. She even killed the family dog. So yes, I'd say that's taking it way too far, and to a place it didn't have to go if she'd continued receiving the proper medical treatment for her condition.

I really don't think its a chemical imbalance. Most people who become depressed and suicidal has had some kind of trauma in their life. It could have been anything to set them off.

Everyone's entitled to thei opinion, and I don't begrdge you that at all. Just know that medical science says otherwise and it's dangerous to encourage people not to seek the medical help they need, dangerous for them and when dealing with mental illness, potentially dangerous for those around them. I would also say that most people period have suffered trauma in their lives, and the reason anything can set off depression in some people is because the potential was always there biologically, not all people, not everyone who feels depressed, but some. There's certainly depression not caused by chemical imbalances, but in some cases there are real, physical, medical, biological and yes, chemical causes. It's simply proven medical fact. It's no different than a woman with a hormone imbalance or a person with diabetes.

I really think its the devil.

I really think sometimes it's the devil. I also really think in the same way he'd use me getting the flu to attack me, he sometimes simply exploits a problem that's already there.

I don't need medication

Again, I rejoice with you that you didn't have the type of depression that necessitates medication. However, not all depression is of this type. Just because you didn't need it doesn't mean that no one needs it. Just because He chose to work one way with you doesn't mean He'll work that way with everyone. That's like taking two people who have cancer, one who the Lord heals supernaturally, and one who He doesn't, and saying to the one who wasn't supernaturally healed, "Now, no chemo or radiation for you, God healed this other guy so that how He's going to deal with you. That chemo will keep you from being healed, so don't go there."

He's the only one that can heal you. If you take medication, you will not be healed. You will have to take it for the rest of your life. They are just a temporary fix, and addictive. I'm pretty sure that is not what God wants for any of us. All anyone needs is FAITH....

No doubt God is the only one who can heal, but does He choose to heal everyone, and does He choose to heal everyone right away? If He doesn't heal someone, why doesn't He? Is it because they don't have enough faith, or is it because He's a sovereign God and can do as He sees fit, and maybe His priorities are higher than our physical healing? Also, what evidence do you have that if a person takes medication, they won't be healed? This is what Jehovah's Witnesses believe. Have you never taken medication for anything? If so, are you still ill with whatever you took it for? Unfortunately, there are some of us who do have to take medication for the rest of our lives, those of us who have epilepsy, diabetes, asthma, allergies.....and depression. No, not everyone with depression, but some, yes. These medications aren't addictive, any more than asthma and allergy meds that have to be taken forever are addictive.

I see where you're coming from. Some people may need medication, but I think that if people would have enough faith, they will be healed. And of course you have to pray. No, God doesn't choose to heal everyone, but for a reason. May not know what that reason is, but God doesn't do or don't do things for no reason. Like traumas, bad things that happen in someone's life. There's a reason for it. Like the things I've been through. Christ has had a hold of my hand since I was a little girl, he saved me from suicide. And I think He has a plan for me. Just like everybody else. He doesn't want us to leave this world until he says so. I believe my calling is to share my struggles and my story to help others come to God and to put their faith in God. Because God can and will do anything as long you have faith. Open the door and he will enter. Reach out your hand and he will hold it. All anybody needs is God. If someone needs medication, I say pray to God about it. If the answer is to take medication then do it.

I have known a lot of people who have been depressed and/or suicidal. My cousin. He's been through a lot. His dad was a worthless drunk, his mom beat on him, his step dad beat on him, and treated him like he was worthless. He has never been accepted by anyone. He is now constantly in trouble, in and out of jail. He doesn't know God. And now he's just too far gone. It would be almost impossible to help him. He's been to counselors and taken all kinds of medication. The doctors kept changing his illness, first its bipolar, then its depression, then its something else. They kept changing his medications but nothing worked.

I also had a friend who committed suicide a few years ago. No one never even new he was depressed. He was an Atheist.  

Jesus healed blind men, rose people from the dead, healed leprosy, and walked on water. All because of faith.  

Edited by niki23

Precious Niki, Pearl, Midnight Special, and all of you young people who know troubled lives, depression, abuse and rejection.  First of all I want to tell you that the Bible says, "All things are possible with God...."  No one is "too far gone", or too lost, too sick, too depressed, too rejected, abused, or hurt, or too far away from God that He still cannot reach them.

In the book of Jeremiah we read that God created the entire Universe, so what can be too hard for Him?  He does heal, the Blood of Jesus redeems us.  There is power in the Blood that Jesus shed for us that we will be reconciled to God.

Jesus said that if we do have faith anything we ask will be done for us, so yes, you are right that it takes faith, but I have seen people with no faith be healed, and I have seen people with more faith than I will ever know be denied healing.  God chose to not heal them for His own divine reason.  It is a mystery.  It is not up to us, it is only up to God.

I avoid saying too much about faith, as I was misunderstood one time and gave the impression to someone that I said certain people were not healed because they do not have enough faith.   This caused me a lot of problems, but it was truly just a misunderstanding, because I do not know, and I do not pretend to know.

What I said was, Jesus says it takes faith, but He also said we have little faith.  He said if we even have the "faith the size of a mustard seed" we can move mountains.  That sort of proves to me that no one has that much faith, or we would literally be seeing mountains moved all the time. 

One of my favorite accounts in the Bible is the man who asked Jesus to heal his son.  Jesus responded to him that with faith it is possible, to only believe.  This father replied to Jesus, "I believe!  Help Thou my unbelief...."

I think this means that he did believe Jesus could heal, but he was still weak in his faith, as we all often are.  We can be so overcome with fear so many times.

I have also seen miracles and I do not believe it was because my faith was so great, it was only because it was God's will to preform those miracles.  On one occasion my faith had crumbled.  I felt that I had no faith at all when I went to church one Sunday morning.  I sat on the back row and only wanted to be left alone and pity myself.  Then our preacher began to cough so badly he could not speak.  He told us his whole family had been ill.  Many people in our church had been ill with some sort of virus, or something, that was "going around", as they say.  But, God spoke to me and said, "Pray for your preacher."  I said, No!  Then God said, "Lay hands on your preacher and pray."  I said, "Have someone else do it.  I have no faith today."  And, I thought God would do just that, but He did not.  Soon, the preacher could barely speak, and other people began to cough.  It was getting out of hand.  Finally, I said, "Okay, Lord.  If this is what you want from me." 

Long story short ....  I laid hands on our preacher and another man close to me who had also been coughing badly.  I told them that when I entered church that morning I had no faith at all, or so I felt.  Yet, after the prayer, not one more person coughed again!  Praise and glory to God!  He was trying to show me something.  He was trying to get me to understand that He alone healed, or did not, and it was never up to me, or you.

After church, the preacher said to me, "You should have prayed for me when God first spoke to you and the sermon would not have been so long."  lol

The puzzling part of this to me was that I had been praying for my little grandsons, but God did not answer my prayer the way I wanted the outcome to be.  I do not understand, I only trust.  In time we shall see what God's will is for them and all of us, but at the time, I thought my prayer for them was the right thing and that God would have no problem answering it for me.  He knows what I don't.  He sees what I cannot.  I trust Him.  I trust His perfect will for all of us, although my thoughts are that perfect healing for everyone, every time, is right.  He knows what I cannot know.  I continue to trust Him.

One of my favorite preachers is Joni Erikson Tada.  Joni broke her neck in a diving accident when she was only 17 and she has spent the remainder of her life as a quadriplegic.  She speaks about people telling her that if she had enough faith she would be healed, but she includes in the message that God has His reasons for not healing her.  What Joni relates to us is that her voice is more effective to those who are injured because of her situation than it would be if she were completely healed and tried to witness to those who were not.

She tells the story of witnessing to a young mother who was paralyzed when her husband shot her in the back.  This young woman had been witnessed to by people who were well and had no injuries or infirmities and it only pushed her farther away from God because she knew they could not know what living in a wheelchair was like.  When Joni spoke to her from her own wheelchair, the young mother listened.  She was saved, she forgave the man who shot her, and she was healed on the inside.  Joni helped me to understand that we are better witnesses when we know personally what another might suffer.  People tend to listen to us more if we have been where they are and if we understand their position first hand.

I think God is more concerned about the condition of our hearts than our outward condition.  But, that is only my opinion.

A few remarks I have seen made in this thread come from not knowing.  I made those very same mistakes, too.  It has taken me time to realize we cannot understand God completely at this point.  If we can understand when we are in heaven, I do not know.  I only know that now His ways are higher than ours, as are His thoughts, so mere humans cannot fully grasp what this is all about.

There was a time in my life when I was young and a dear friend shot himself.  I had been taught he was in hell.  I had the nerve to say what I believed, until God corrected me.  His correction was not so harsh that I trembled in fear, but it was stern enough I never made that mistake again. 

What I heard Him say was something like this; "Who do you think you are?  I created this young man, and I know his heart.  I saw his pain and I know what troubles he encountered.  And, I alone will decide where he is to spend eternity, not you!" 

That is all it took for me to understand it is not up to me to say who will, or will not go to hell.  We know what the Bible says on who goes to heaven, but I have not found anything in God's Word that states suicide victims go to hell. 

What I have found is that when anyone who is a Christian repents then their sin is forgiven.  I do not know if my friend repented before his act saying something like, "Forgive me, Lord, but I just can't take it anymore...."  I do know he gave his life to Christ at a very early age and lived the best life he could while facing more problems than most people will ever know.  He had lost his wife and his job on the same day and I cannot imagine the pain he suffered.  But, I will never again make the mistake to state that I know what happened to him after his death.  I urge everyone to use caution before making the claim that anyone might be in hell, because I think this is something we cannot know. 

Acts 2:21 says, "And is shall be that everyone who calls upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved...."

I will not make the mistake of saying I know who is healed or why.  It is definitely not up to me.  Praise God!  He is just, He is righteous and He is fair.  I am very happy to leave these kinds of decisions up to Him, alone.

I try to not tell people what I think about their medical care.  I have my way and I am open to talk about that, but if people choose a different way, then that is definitely their choice.  These choices about medical care are personal, and we should not try to influence others with our opinions, but respect the choice they have made.  I think it is okay to say what we have chosen and discuss alternatives, but never to say someone should not seek a medical doctor. 

God uses doctors and even in Jesus' day, Luke was a medical doctor and also a man of God.  So is my medical doctor.  Fortunately for me, my doctor is open to herbal treatments and other alternatives to medication.  That is fortunate for me, because I am allergic to so many medicines it is dangerous for me to take them.  So, we must understand that although we mean well, we might be giving them the wrong advice and in cases of medical treatment, this can be very dangerous, even disastrous.

You young people, please just know you are loved.  As was stated, God puts that love in us and as we grow in Christ, we find that we begin to love more and more, and forgive more easily.  The transformation that comes from knowing Jesus helps us to be more like Him day by day.  You are so precious in His sight and His desire is for your peace and prosperity.  Never lose hope!  Never give up seeking God, for He draws near to those who draw near to Him.  He holds those tightly in His hand who have given their lives to Him, and nothing can ever separate us from His love.  So says the Word of God.  Amen

Peace to you all and God bless you so very much!

Remember ....  God loves you and so do I,
PrairWarur

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings niki!

Very powerful testimony,very strong indeed....................Good for you ,you know the Truth.............many will argue with you when it comes to mental illnesses & it is very true that God can choose to help those who are suffering with medications,they will address  the symptoms and it is truly a Blessing from God ...BUT,surely the enemy is the cause & the same goes with cancer,diabetes,hepatitis,all disease & disorders that invade our bodies

Medical facts,reports & statistics are what they are but Jesus is the TRUTH,the Way,theTruth & the Life!

I am sure that our Lord will use you to help many who are sick & suffering,you are His Living Testimony & He deserves ALL the Glory!

Thank you for sharing your testimony with us,for being so sincere & transparent before everyone...............May the Lord Bless you and keep you that you will continue to Bless others ..................Is it not amazing how our Heavenly Father can turn something so awful into something that does so much good?.......Praise the Lord!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  05/30/1975

True repentance comes only from God. To turn from our sins no matter what they are, is TRUE repentance. I do not really know what worldly repentance is. God is a faithful God... so when we humble ourselves wanting His way and trusting Him, then comes the healing He died to give us.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

( . . . Removed what I posted here  . . . )

Edited by danieldb

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I know one person who cut, who was deserted by her mother at age 3, sexually abused at age 4 in an unauthorized foster home, was adopted by her dads second wife who then rejected her and let her roam wild from age 5, whose dad said she would never be any good and who came home once every few weeks to beat her, leaving scars across her back with a razor strap. So she cut to relieve the emptiness and rejection, the pain and the anger. She finally joined the milltary where she also got into a lot of promiscuous sin and alcohol. But she stopped cutting when out of her home and learned discipline. After getting out she married a Christian who kept telling her he loved her for herself. Not because she had achieved anything or was attractive. He said he expected only that she do her best, and her best would always be enough. She never felt that way though. She had never experienced a love like that and always felt she had to earn it. But this love finally broke through because it was from God Himself. She received Christ and was saved. She is now a wonderful servent of God whom I admire and is admired by her family for what God has made of her--a new creature in Christ. She goes to my church.

Another person who cut is the daughter of my friend. She was raped by and uncle when she was a child and is under medication which has evened her out a lot. But first she became a lesbian, used drugs and then had a child out of wedlock by a kid who soon left her. So she lives with her parents and is trying to raise her child. There is mental illness in her family so her problem may be genetic in part, but it was not helped by the abuse. At least her home is a safe place. I don't think she is saved, but her parents are.

So there may be different causes that can be helped by different things. But is is certain that God does save us and change us. Sometimes meds help and sometimes they are not needed. We all need God.