• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I'm excited for this. Praying that God would open eyes and hearts just as he used a mini series to open mine (Jesus of Nazareth).

I too think this will be like another Passion Of The Christ.  Thousands of lives were transformed by that  movie.  I am praying this movie will do the same thing and that is to usher souls into the Kingdom of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

This is bringing me back memories of the Passion of the Christ. I wondered if many people watching this movie will believe Jesus now. I hope the movies Son of God can be as popular as The Passion of the Christ. . I plead with Billy and Franklin Graham we need a wake up revival. It’s hard to reach the mainstream people that never go to Church.  I am sure many of these people have not heard of Worthy forums either to post along with other Christians. It’s probably considered in today’s generation that it is not so cool to be a Christian. I got that feeling a lot when I went to school also. .

I would be interested to see the Son of God at least 1 time. I really have to admit before I seen the Passion of the Christ I did not reject so much on Jesus Crucifixion. . . you don’t want to keep seeing Jesus being punished. Your saying in your heart get passed this part. But the movie showed us we can’t over look this. 

We can read the Bible but we never lived the hours that Jesus did. Is there anyone that would want to go through this that would be willing to be nailed to a cross? I think it is easier said than done. I’ve been to the Hospital and I suffered less that felt like Eternity. Imagine Jesus was worse than me. I hope the Son of God movie will be a great success. When I mean success I don’t mean money wise. I mean as I hope it will not only capture the attention of existing Christians but this move will want many others to know who God is. Let this movie be an opening door.

If even one person is moved to repentance because of this movie, the movie will be a success, In my opinion.

I'm right there with you on that one, Spock.  Even just one will cause the angels in Heaven to rejoice, as we've all read. 

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I watched a show on TBN that showed clips from this film.  I would like to see it, based on those.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

Hello from Europe.

I myself have doubts about portraying God in film etc .,but whether or not it can subtly 'create' a sense of the Holiness,and greatness  

of Jesus will depend on the extent of the gift of the Holy Spirit, in both the director ,and the actors ; I am quite old,and have seen a few portrayals of Jesus ,(not Mel Gibson's),and there is only one,which name I cannot remember,made in the 50's which captured the 'other worldliness of Him. 

Now that we are talking of films about Jesus ,I would love to find that one.

You are probably thinking of, "King of Kings" with Jeffery Hunter.   It was far from Scripturally accurate.  I don't think Jesus was "otherworldly."   Jesus had a pretty good sense of humor and even children, who are the best judges of character in the world, were comfortable around Him.   Too many movies want to portary Jesus as if He walked two feet above the ground.  Frankly, if we walked around acting like how they portray Jesus in those movies, people would think we were pretty weird.  So I don't think Jesus had that "otherworldly" aspect in His personality.

It is certainly not .That would be a rather matinee idol type of film .

IT must have been Ben Hur .

If I recall, whenever Jesus was (briefly) presented in 1959's Ben-Hur, it reverently never showed His face.

William Wyler joked that it took a Jew (MGM) to make the ultimate film about Jesus Christ.

BTW, Miklos Rozsa did the music for both King of Kings and Ben-Hur.

Trivia

Burt Lancaster, a self-described atheist, claimed he turned down the role of Judah Ben-Hur because he "didn't like the violent morals in the story" and because he did not want to promote Christianity.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052618/

After Heston accepted the role, it took him nearly a month to learn to drive the four-horse Quadriga for the race scene.

Sometimes opportunities seem quite rare to promote Christian faith in mainstream media. When “The Passion of the Christ” movie was released nearly a decade ago, I still recall the buzz surrounding Mel Gibson’s film, and better yet how many times I heard the question dropped, in and out of Christian circles, “Have you seen the Jesus movie yet ...

If you saw the History channel's The Bible, you already did because this new movie was edited from five of its segments.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3210686/trivia?tab=mc&ref_=tt_trv_cnn

"Diogo Morgado is best known in the United States for his portrayal of 'Jesus' in 20th Century Fox's feature film 'Son of God' and in History Channel's Emmy nominated miniseries, 'The Bible,' which was the highest rated cable show of 2013." - IMDb.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/30/1979

If you saw The Bible Series on History its from that. They are not putting Satan in this because of the fact it looks like our President.

I loved the mini-series, Jesus of Nazareth. And, I absolutely loved The Gospel of John. I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

Jesus of Nazareth 1977 was pretty unreal. I love those ol' movies.

Update: 'Son Of God' Tracking Strong, Could Shock Film Industry

"As of a few weeks ago, Boxoffice.com had Son Of God looking at around a $13 million opening. That was then. New information has the film picking up considerable traction.

"The theaters' internal projection service, MTC (Major Theater Chain), now projects Son Of God's opening to come in at about $22.5 million this week. Film is easily beating any previous tracking estimates. With Son of God set to open on more than 3,000 screens, things could get very interesting.

"The film's trailer also has close to 3 million views on this YouTube channel. With other YouTube channels included, the film's trailer has close to 5 million views.

"For a film without major stars (and based solely on its religious narrative), a $20+ opening will shock the film industry. It was 10 years ago at this time, that Passion Of The Christ posted one of the most unexpected openings in film history ($83 million).

"Son Of God was filmed by producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey (The Bible) and will be distributed by Fox Entertainment starting Friday Feb. 28."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/02/25/Watch-Out-Son-Of-God-Tracking-Strongly?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

Lower your expectations ... if you know the Word of God.

That "Bible" series movie that was praised last year?  I thought it was a mockery.  Funny how so many people thought it was "good", but everyone that I know who KNOWS the Word of God we insulted, including myself.  It was a mockery.  No reverence.

Do that with the Koran and America would have another Sept 911 "the day after tomorrow"

I've seen the preview.  It going to be similar to that Bible series.

I wish Mel Gibson would make a movie on Revelations.  It will have to be graphic, profane, and certainly R rated.