Beyond a shadow of a doubt

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  6

Believe it or not, a tv mini series, Jesus of Nazareth, was used by God to win me over. I remember sobbing uncontrollably while watching Christ crucified for ME! God was speaking to me as I was watching this difficult scene. Needless to say, I was listening.

In fact, I told my live in girlfriend at that time that our relationship was going to have to change, that I didn't feel right with it anymore. Well, that didn't go over big with her. I lost a girlfriend and gained a Savior. Guess who won in that exchange? ;)

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

It was a long process that involved looking into a great many other philosophies from Islam to Scientology to Shintoism and a couple more.  In the end Christianity and the God of the Bible were the only one that made sense, so here I am.   I have not come to the "beyond a shadow of a doubt" stage and I am not sure I will till I stand before God.  Even John the Baptist had his doubts and he was there when Jesus was baptized and God spoke. Know that even people like John the Baptist can have doubts makes me feel better about my own.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,381
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Well as all can read in my about me area- I am, in my own reckoning, a foolish son of God. As I, believing in Him, at very young age

did not understand the need to reckon up an to that point of my calling out to God to save me dead and make all things new after that

calling upon.  duh! right :) ...                                        > instead< 

I tried to make the old new even while being new which had supernaturally occurred. God's truth in substance within preserved me to

come to the understanding of walk with Him in a reverse fashion. So that now in learning in reverse I know there is no life here apart

from God but that life is where He 'IS' at >Presently< and I know this experientially by trying to make life here... Colossians chapter 3 all!

Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

From before creation God knew who He would call Ephesians 1:4-5.God knows just the right time to call a sinner to repentance and salvation.Many can hear the outward call of God,but not all the seed lands on "good soil" Matthew 13:1-23.Individuals must also hear the inward call of the Holy Spirit,for it is He who convicts us of our sins and enables us to put faith in Christ John 16:7-16.

God called to me and I answered.Thank You God.  :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

Hi, I was an atheist in my teenage years- the death of a younger sibling and another family member was really hard on me. Then in university I realized something can not come from nothing and I read about the great mathematician Kurt Gödel's Incompleteness theorem. Even impressed Einstein ,who sponsored Gödel to the USA. Basically it shows science can never understand the universe.

So then I read about the Nazareth Inscription -written in about ad 41 by Emperor Claudius.

I found out that the greatest Roman historian of our age, Gaetano de Sanctis said the Nazareth Inscription referred to the empty tomb of Jesus. Many other Roman historians such as Hermann agree. Here I found extra-Biblical evidence of the resurrection.

Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin read John 15:5  before Neil Armstrong opened the lunarship's door to first step onto the Moon in 1969.Houston heard the Bible reading but NASA blocked it to the whole planet.

I then read that water cavitation-fast moving water over45mph- can create superbubbles that can eat through solid steel in minutes.The Grand Canyon could be dug in a few weeks in the days of Noah.

I was a skeptic but now after many years of research am 100% certain J.Christ is God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Believe it or not, a tv mini series, Jesus of Nazareth, was used by God to win me over. I remember sobbing uncontrollably while watching Christ crucified for ME! God was speaking to me as I was watching this difficult scene. Needless to say, I was listening.

In fact, I told my live in girlfriend at that time that our relationship was going to have to change, that I didn't feel right with it anymore. Well, that didn't go over big with her. I lost a girlfriend and gained a Savior. Guess who won in that exchange? ;)

Proud of you Spock, lot's of people including my friend are living in a bad place with someone they are not married to.  She knows better.  Well done good and faithful servant!

....Christianity and the God of the Bible were the only one that made sense, so here I am.   I have not come to the "beyond a shadow of a doubt" stage....

:thumbsup:

Step

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

By Step

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

By Step

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe