IGNORED

Beyond a shadow of a doubt

I am really interested in hearing some stories. Whether you were raised christian or just found it over time, at what exact point did you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that god was completely undeniable? Maybe a thought or an event? or maybe it just hit you out of nowhere? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I was saved when I  was 15.  I had always had a hunger for God but at this point in my life I knew I wanted a relationship with Him.   Coming into that personal walk with God through Christ was the biggest event in my life other then my marriage  to the love of my life.  I don't see how people get through everyday life with this walk with Jesus.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

When I fell in love with Jesus, after years of searching.

For how could he not be real, when he was clearly the GIVER of the love that I was RECEIVING?

Love, no matter how much you pretend that you have it or how much you dream of it, simply isn't there unless it is given.

~

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

At age 4 I stated it was impossible for Jesus to rise from the dead. So while I attended Sunday school in a liberal church, I was not a believer and stopped going after the 3rd grade. Around the 7th grade God revealed Himself to me in a thunder storm. It was beautiful and wild. I prayed a God, if there is a God, type of prayer and He answered it repeatedly each time I asked Him to turn off the street lights. After He had done this 18 out of 20 times I figured it was beyond the laws of probability, that there is a God who heard me personally. In the year that followed He convicted me of sin and I was led to make restitution and tell others I had asked God to forgive me. I then bought a New Testament and read it from cover to cover. I sought out a church where the sermons were helpful and attended alone. But there was no teaching of basic beliefs or discipling. Though caught in the false idea of salvation by trying to be good enough to go to heaven, I was baptized by immersion in 1960, By attending confirmation instruction the Lutheran Church I learned the fundamentals of salvation by grace through faith, the trinity, the attributes of God. It was another 8 years before I fully surrendered my life to God via a Campus Crusade for Christ bible study. That is where I learned to walk in the Spirit, was filled to overflowing and was discipled. God started using me and I saw Him do miracles that had no human explanation till I gave Him all my doubts and questioning.. I knew that God's word was true because he confirmed it before my eyes. But the greatest miracle of all is a changed life after a person gives it to God. While I had a relationship with God prior to 1970, I thought the word lord was just a title like Lord Baltimore. So I had been like a foolish Galatian who, having begun in the Spirit, was trying to be made perfect by the flesh or self effort. Gal. 3:3 God is so faithful to open our eyes to His truth and bring us the teaching we need.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I invite you to read my testimony in the Testimonies forum.

I am John14:6 and the date I posted my testimony was August 5, 2013.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Yes!! I was born on May 12, 1998 and my mom and dad were both Christian!! :) I grew up going to church and stuff but I always came up with the question "Why haven't God been working in my life??" I believe in God when I was young, and I knew that he was there, but he wasn't really working in my life in a way that I would have wanted him to and if he did, I missed the moment, and I didn't really have a really strong relationship with God back then!! about 2-2.5 years ago, I was at youth group at Church and I accepted Jesus Christ in my life for the first time, and just last year, RIGHT BEFORE my mom told me that she had Thyroid Cancer, my journey with God began and since then, I have felt his Presence and Love many MANY TIMES and he has given me the gift to Pray and Preach. I got baptized 10 months ago and God set me free of my Chains at the Church Camp that I went to this year!!! :) God is Good!!!

God bless you!!!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

When I was present when my grandfather died.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I am really interested in hearing some stories. Whether you were raised christian or just found it over time, at what exact point did you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that god was completely undeniable? Maybe a thought or an event? or maybe it just hit you out of nowhere? 

that would be easy to remember.....   I was about to make a deal with a spiritual entity that I thought was from God himself, standing  butt naked in a hot shower about 2am on a Saturday morning in 1978.   The Holy Spirit stepped in and kept me from being tricked into something that there would have been no physical return from and most likely spiritual death also.   I was shown what was happening and that moment I understood.   Though I did believe, I didn't know......   then because of the way it happened i knew.....   knew he existed and was not going to let the devil have his way with me.

I got really clean in the shower that night......  LoL   through and through so to speak.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/28/1967

A tent revival, closing service, hands in the air, eyes closed.

I felt something sprinkle my face, like rain. I reached to feel my face with my fingertips and yep, I felt wet. I opened my eyes and it was raining underneath this big covered tent. It appeared to be a white rain and I was soaked, but yet I was bone dry.

I believed without seeing. GOD allowed me to see in the spiritual realm.

He has shown me many things since then.

God Bless

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Much love Stirstik,

The exact moment I knew without a shadow of a doubt that God was real: I had been going to AA meetings and was "dry" which is: not drinking but still without Peace or Comfort on the inside of me...I was hearing of A God (I wasn't raised in Church at all) in those meetings that would help us not drink...I didn't know Him...and I was miserable...I didn't know what to do...usually I would just go back to drinking...it drowned out the pain...and it was easier just to drink...but you see I had already heard people that had Hope in them...They were happier not drinking now!!! So drinking for me was no longer the answer...I wanted God...Real Bad!!! I Needed Him and I knew it...He was my only Hope...I was hopelessly in despair!!!

I was miserable not drinking and I was miserable because God was not Real in my life...so my best thinking in the state that I was in at the time, led me to come within milliseconds of suicide...instead I screamed at God to Make Himself Real To Me Because I Didn't Have Much Time...Every day for 2 long months I lived wanting to commit suicide...still hoping a little though that my life could be different...and so...riding in my car listening to a country music radio station-2 months later...within a split second of time...I felt The Power and Anointing of God Start at my Head and Run Like Honey (His Peace and Love) All The Way Through my Body-All The Way To My Feet...From this time until now-I have heard through my ears differently and seen through my eyes differently...Changed...For The Better...Life is a Journey...His Word is True...Every Word...