• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Seven!

Guest shiloh357
I know god uses us to help/encourage others etc. But I keep thinking we have to be all saved & "perfect"  etc before we start "preaching" or giving them advice about god (e.g trust in god etc) otherwise people would look at our lives &  we'd look like hypocrites.

Let me address the "hypocrite" issue, as well.   Giving people advice even though we may not have all of our ducks in a row is not hypocrisy.   None of us always practice what we preach, but that is also not what hypocrisy is.   None of us would be able to raise children if we could only instruct them in areas of our lives where we never messed up.

Hypocrisy is when you condemn in other people what you justify in yourself.   If you tell others that it is wrong to bear false witness, but then excuse your own false witness because you felt you had a good reason for it, that is hypocrisy.   It's only hypocrisy when it's a sin for others but a virtue for yourself.  

People will throw around the hypocrite word as an excuse not to have to hear the truth.  In truth, has any of us never been a hypocrite in our lives???   I think the answer is "no."   So the accusation of hypocrisy as a means of character assassination leveled at believers is, in fact, an act of hypocrisy.

Even if their are hypocrites in the Church (and there are) that still doesn't absolve a sinner from accountability before God for their own sins.  They will not be able to use the "hypocrite" defense because Christianity is based on following Jesus and Jesus wasn't a hypocrite and He is the one against whom we are measured, not other people.  He is the one who all of us must stand before and give an account of ourselves.  

Guest AFlameOfFire

I believe suffering works in our being made perfect, you can see just in these couple of scriptures the same principle as in Jesus so likewise it speaks of we ourselves (in Christ)

Heb 2:10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

1Peter 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin

Luke 6:4 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

1Peter 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

As he is so are we to be in this world

1John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  161
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks everyone for your replies! :) god bless you all

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Often when I think I failed in the trial or testing, God was doing something entirely different than I thought He was teaching me. Once when I told Him that, the Still Small Voice whispered: You endured and are still faithful, aren't you? So we may be completely in error when judging ourselves. God sees you through blood colored glasses which obliderate you sinfulness and failures. While we are to inspect our lives when we go to communion, living in introspection or self condemnation is not good. And it is only God who can judge us correctly. We are all growing from glory to glory till others see more of Christ and less of ourselves in us.

David, the adulterer and murderer, was a man after God's own heart. God doen't look for a person who is perfect, but one who is available, willing, and who humbly trusts in God to accomplish His task. He is made perfect in our weaknesses, not our strengths.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

???  blood colored glasses ??????

I like that...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Eight that agrees!!! No Christian is Perfect, We are all sinners, and we all sin, but that is why God put his Son on this Earth to Die for us on the Cross for all of our Sins so that WE CAN BE FORGIVEN!!!, and through that, not only are we forgiven but we are granted access to go into Heaven with God whenever Jesus Returns or we Die but even when you accept Christ as Lord and Savior, you may be saved and forgiven but that doesn't mean that you are perfect, because you have sinned in the past. God may have Forgiven your Sin and put it behind him but the fact of "YOU HAVE SINNED", Doesn't make you perfect!!! :)

God bless you!!

Scriptures show us how the word perfect is used too, though I have found that not many quote them for some reason

Maybe you can present the scriptures and explain them AFlame.