IGNORED

The New Year

Dawn1974

I would like to find a group of believers that care more about the lost than themselves.  A group of believers that put reaching the lost above pot luck lunches.  I would like to find a group of believers that do not fit this quote from Gandhi "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

~

Gandhi Was No Fan Of Christ

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

I came to the conclusion long ago … that all religions were true and also that all had some error in them, and whilst I hold by my own, I should hold others as dear as Hinduism. So we can only pray, if we are Hindus, not that a Christian should become a Hindu … But our innermost prayer should be a Hindu should be a better Hindu, a Muslim a better Muslim, a Christian a better Christian. http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Mahatma_Gandhi

So The Fact He Did And Many Of His Fellow Hindus Do Not Like Followers Of Christ

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act. http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/mahatmagan150715.html#gavDOX2Ux1EwqMDD.99

Is A No-Brainer

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Matthew 5:11-12

In a speech to Women Missionaries in 28 July 1925, he said, “…although I am myself not a Christian, as an humble student of the Bible, who approaches it with faith and reverence, I wish respectfully to place before you the essence of the Sermon on the Mount...There are thousands of men and women today who, though they may not have heard about the Bible or Jesus have more faith and are more god fearing than Christians who know the Bible and who talk of its Ten Commandments..." http://www.christiantoday.co.in/articledir/print.htm?id=2837

?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:16-18

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

I would like to find a group of believers that care more about the lost than themselves.  A group of believers that put reaching the lost above pot luck lunches.  I would like to find a group of believers that do not fit this quote from Gandhi "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

~

Gandhi Was No Fan Of Christ

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

I came to the conclusion long ago … that all religions were true and also that all had some error in them, and whilst I hold by my own, I should hold others as dear as Hinduism. So we can only pray, if we are Hindus, not that a Christian should become a Hindu … But our innermost prayer should be a Hindu should be a better Hindu, a Muslim a better Muslim, a Christian a better Christian. http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Mahatma_Gandhi

So The Fact He Did And Many Of His Fellow Hindus Do Not Like Followers Of Christ

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act. http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/mahatmagan150715.html#gavDOX2Ux1EwqMDD.99

Is A No-Brainer

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Matthew 5:11-12

In a speech to Women Missionaries in 28 July 1925, he said, “…although I am myself not a Christian, as an humble student of the Bible, who approaches it with faith and reverence, I wish respectfully to place before you the essence of the Sermon on the Mount...There are thousands of men and women today who, though they may not have heard about the Bible or Jesus have more faith and are more god fearing than Christians who know the Bible and who talk of its Ten Commandments..." http://www.christiantoday.co.in/articledir/print.htm?id=2837

?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:16-18

Gandhi was met with racism upon trying to enter a church service. The "no-brainer" is the origin of his feelings as expressed in that quote. He is a perfect example of the effect our sin can have on others and why, as LFA said, we should care more about the lost than ourselves.

Gandhi was met with racism upon trying to enter a church service. The "no-brainer" is the origin of his feelings as expressed in that quote. He is a perfect example of the effect our sin can have on others and why, as LFA said, we should care more about the lost than ourselves.

~

Amen~! The Hindu Beliefs Are Indeed Based On A Demonic, 

Death Dealing, Racism To It's Bitter Core,

Caste Slavery Scheme

Of sin, because they believe not on me; John 16:9

And Although The Gandhi Studied The Words Of The Christ

And Gained A Understanding Of Non-Violence

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. John 18:36

He When On To Totally Dismiss The Core Of The Bible

The LORD Jesus Himself

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

And When Attacked By The Devil

He Choose To Be Offended

When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. Matthew 13:19

And In Offended Pride

Turned Away 

Have mercy upon us, O LORD, have mercy upon us: for we are exceedingly filled with contempt. Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at ease, and with the contempt of the proud. Psalms 123:3-4

From The

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

Christ

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. John 3:16-20

~

Do You Think The Gandhi Blamed A Man

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

Or Do You Believe The Gandhi Blamed The LORD

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

And Just Who's Message

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Proverbs 14:12

Will You Preach

Beloved

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:25-26

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

~

Amen~! The Hindu Beliefs Are Indeed Based On A Demonic, 

Death Dealing, Racism To It's Bitter Core,

Caste Slavery Scheme

Of sin, because they believe not on me; John 16:9

And Although The Gandhi Studied The Words Of The Christ

And Gained A Understanding Of Non-Violence

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. John 18:36

He When On To Totally Dismiss The Core Of The Bible

The LORD Jesus Himself

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

And When Attacked By The Devil

He Choose To Be Offended

When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. Matthew 13:19

And In Offended Pride

Turned Away 

Have mercy upon us, O LORD, have mercy upon us: for we are exceedingly filled with contempt. Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at ease, and with the contempt of the proud. Psalms 123:3-4

From The

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

Christ

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. John 3:16-20

~

Do You Think The Gandhi Blamed A Man

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

Or Do You Believe The Gandhi Blamed The LORD

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

And Just Who's Message

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Proverbs 14:12

Will You Preach

Beloved

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:25-26

I'm sorry, but I don't share in your use of buzz words (ie. calling anything non-Christian, particularly religious things, "demonic"), so I highly doubt we will do more than talk past each other. I focus much more on objectively describing things instead of what they should be labeled. I've found that the latter impedes understanding, and to me seeking understanding in all matters is a cardinal virtue, so I would be sinning in myself if I were to do otherwise. This is not to insult you, but to simply point out the apparent differences in our approaches.

It is also really difficult when you keep changing the topic. For instance, instead of dealing with the nature of Gandhi's words, you move to simply dismiss him because he isn't Christian as if that should affect the truth or falsehood of his words. And when it is pointed out that Gandhi's words have their root in the racism he met from Christians, and thus is a perfect example of the original poster's point, the conversation is again steered to Gandhi not being Christian and somehow onto the topic of Hinduism.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

What I want for the New Year is peace in my family.  My oldest is estranged from the family.  She cannot be reasoned with nor reached.  I also pray for continued health and to find an on line Christian site that really is a Christian site. 

What I want for the New Year is peace in my family.  My oldest is estranged from the family.  She cannot be reasoned with nor reached.  I also pray for continued health and to find an on line Christian site that really is a Christian site. 

~

Praying~!

I'm sorry, but I don't share in your use of buzz words (ie. calling anything non-Christian, particularly religious things, "demonic"), so I highly doubt we will do more than talk past each other. I focus much more on objectively describing things instead of what they should be labeled. I've found that the latter impedes understanding, and to me seeking understanding in all matters is a cardinal virtue, so I would be sinning in myself if I were to do otherwise. This is not to insult you, but to simply point out the apparent differences in our approaches.

It is also really difficult when you keep changing the topic. For instance, instead of dealing with the nature of Gandhi's words, you move to simply dismiss him because he isn't Christian as if that should affect the truth or falsehood of his words. And when it is pointed out that Gandhi's words have their root in the racism he met from Christians, and thus is a perfect example of the original poster's point, the conversation is again steered to Gandhi not being Christian and somehow onto the topic of Hinduism.

~

Beloved You Are Correct

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:8-10

The Bible Has Dealt With The Nature Of The Hindu, Gandhi And His Lack Of Words

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

And As For Respect And Other "Buzz" Words

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! Romans 10:14-15

Stick With Jesus

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world. Romans 10:17-18

Or Not

Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. Matthew 10:32-34

Your Choice

He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth. Luke 11:33

Love, Joe

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  07/31/1974

Lord, Grant us the desires of our hearts. Let our will become the same as your will. Grant us all wisdom and favor. In Jesus name I pray. amen

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

~

Praying~!

Thanks very much and I am too.