IGNORED

Is it possible to walk away from every temptation

Guest DRS81

So the OSAS doctrine allows believers to live a life of sin without any repercussions. 

Interesting.

No, Jesus said "go and sin no more."

But you said if a believer dies in rebellion, they still go to heaven.

Rebellion is the same thing as willful sinning.  

That's a pretty long thread. Why don't you post the statement that indicates all who dismiss OSAS depend on works?

Post 182

I don't agree with that.  I do not believe that when someone accepts Jesus, all past, present and future sins are automatically under the blood covering.  I believe all unintentional sins are under the blood covering, and since we don't all commit wilful transgressions every day, it is not necessary to keep getting saved over and over again.  It is not possible to know if you are going to make it to heaven when you die unless you continue to follow the Lord faithfully.  So long as you are living right, and making your calling and election sure, you know you are saved, but if you choose to commit wilful sins, they are not under the original blood covering, and if you die in that condition, you will spend eternity in hell.  Only God knows who his elect are.  They are secure in the mind of God because he is all knowing, but nobody can be secure about salvation if they continue to live in sin. 

Where does he state that we depend on works to get into heaven?

Believers will go to heaven regardless if their sin was willful or not. Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

I don't agree with that.  I do not believe that when someone accepts Jesus, all past, present and future sins are automatically under the blood covering.  I believe all unintentional sins are under the blood covering, and since we don't all commit wilful transgressions every day, it is not necessary to keep getting saved over and over again.  It is not possible to know if you are going to make it to heaven when you die unless you continue to follow the Lord faithfully.  So long as you are living right, and making your calling and election sure, you know you are saved, but if you choose to commit wilful sins, they are not under the original blood covering, and if you die in that condition, you will spend eternity in hell.  Only God knows who his elect are.  They are secure in the mind of God because he is all knowing, but nobody can be secure about salvation if they continue to live in sin. 

1. False - I do not believe that when someone accepts Jesus, all past, present and future sins are automatically under the blood covering

2. False - I believe all unintentional sins are under the blood covering

3. False - It is not possible to know if you are going to make it to heaven when you die unless you continue to follow the Lord faithfully

4. False - So long as you are living right, and making your calling and election sure, you know you are saved, but if you choose to commit wilful sins, they are not under the original blood covering, and if you die in that condition, you will spend eternity in hell.

5. False - but nobody can be secure about salvation if they continue to live in sin.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Believers will go to heaven regardless if their sin was willful or not. Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

1. False - I do not believe that when someone accepts Jesus, all past, present and future sins are automatically under the blood covering

3. False - It is not possible to know if you are going to make it to heaven when you die unless you continue to follow the Lord faithfully

4. False - So long as you are living right, and making your calling and election sure, you know you are saved, but if you choose to commit wilful sins, they are not under the original blood covering, and if you die in that condition, you will spend eternity in hell.

5. False - but nobody can be secure about salvation if they continue to live in sin.

If you call yourself a Christian and you continue to sin,are you really a Christian?And I mean deliberately sin.

If you call yourself a Christian and you continue to sin,are you really a Christian?

Believer A falls into sin and then two weeks later he dies in a car crash before repenting. Believer A still goes to heaven because he was already saved and sealed in the holy spirit.

If one is committing willful sin, how can they be considered to be "in Christ Jesus"?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

If one is committing willful sin, how can they be considered to be "in Christ Jesus"?

That is what I am saying.....

I see no mention of depending on works.

Willful sin is the cause of a fallen world. The only perfect being was Jesus Christ. That's why we are covered in his blood.

I see no mention of depending on works.

Look harder.