• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

I have two very close friends who had abortions. The guilt and grief the felt is what brought them both to Christ. But they still grieve the loss of those children. One even had a memorial service for hers in an attempt for closure.

It never occurred to the Jews that the baby in the womb was not a child. They even counted the age from conception rather than from birth. I guess you would have had to sing "happy conception day to you." I learned this in cultural anthropology.

Sorry, but when the sperm and egg combine to make a unique genetic code and the cells begin to divide, it becomes a unique human life. Dividing cells = life. It is not just a piece of tissue if it is living and growing. And that is what I learned in biology.

As to the OP, the woman seems truly deluded and reprobate.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

and that nonbelievers have ‘reasons to celebrate’ since Christianity is ‘in decline.’

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I think it is easier to condemn and point fingers then it is to try and walk a mile in their shoes. You don't always know the reasoning behind the abortion. I wouldn't promote it, but quite honestly, I am not against it either.

Sorry, I disagree. I don't believe the very early stages of pregnancy is murder. I had a miscarriage years ago, and I don't see that as a death, I see it as a very common occurrence in many women. What if full pregnancy endangered the mothers life? What if the pregnancy was the result of a traumatizing sexual assault and mother couldn't mentally cope? What if the mother was too young (12-15)? What if you were in the eastern part of the world, and feared being being a victim of an honor killing for shaming your family because you were pregnant. Sorry but when there is trauma, or a good reason, I see it as being responsible. Even if it isn't the number one option, I have no judgement or condemnation towards anyone who has had, or promotes it. If you can't imagine yourself being in that situation, then don't condemn someones decision who has had to be in that situation.

For example: You eat eggs, don't you? It is not a chicken when you eat it, it is still an egg. That chick doesn't exist yet. That is my firm standpoint

Stir stick, no one is without sin. All have sinned. No human being is without sin, and every person on the planet is going to hell unless they accept God's free offer of salvation provived by Christ when He died on the cross.. That ratified the new covenant of the undeserved favor of God. No one deserves to go to heaven. We all deserve to die on a cross as Jesus did. But He took the rap for us. And all we have to do is confess our sinfulness to Him, ask His forgiveness, and accept that Jesus provided that forgiveness for us because He loves us.

That being said. I eat unfertilized eggs. No sperm, no chick. But I also eat chicken. Lol

And, when taking Physiology in college we carefully studied the development of the embryo in the womb. Did you know that the fetus will respond to the emotions of the mother? They can hear, which is why some people play classical music for the developing fetus. They recognize the mothers voice and voices of those who are in her life. In the Bible, John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Spirit while still in his mothers womb. As in the photo, they suck their thumbs. They feel pain and are fully aware when they are burned alive by chemicals or pulled apart limb from limb by the abortionist. It is not just death, it is torture.

What is worse, I once agreed with you. I thought it was worse to bring unwanted children into the world. Then my pastor read from an early book used by many early churches, the Didache. It was written as basic instructions for new Christians about baptism and the Lords Supper that all churches do and celebrate, and also about the 10 commandments and other fundamental beliefs. It was written at the same time as the rest of the Bible and was included with the Bible by some eastern churches. It plainly states "You shall not murder nor commit an abortion." They were considered one and the same act by Christians way back then. I immediately changed my mind and agreed with God about abortion. This is called repentance.

Mary was an unwed girl who might have been 14 years old when she found herself pregnant. This was such a taboo; since she was engaged, Joseph could have had her stoned to death. She was the perfect candidate for an abortion. Instead Jesus was born.

We don't know but that the fertilized egg of the tiny person in us will not grow to become a great blessing to mankind or what we are destroying by purposely refusing to give birth to him or her.

We do know that God created and treasures all human life, especialy you. He desires all to grab His hand that is reaching out to pull us out of this cesspool that is bound for hell.

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:17-18 Believe means to trust in and rely on.

Are you relying on Jesus to buy you back from satan's dominion? There are only 2 camps. God's and satans', and by default you are in satan's. It is your choice to join God's.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I think it is easier to condemn and point fingers then it is to try and walk a mile in their shoes. You don't always know the reasoning behind the abortion. I wouldn't promote it, but quite honestly, I am not against it either.

Murder is murder.  Abortion, the very concept of it was born out of the racist mentality of Margaret Sanger who by the way proposed a program of eugenics that influenced Hitler.     Abortion is justifed by viewing the unborn child as nonhuman.  There is no reason one can provide for abortion that trumps the right to live,except in the minds of those who seek to dehumanize the unborn.

Once you dehumanise the unborn, it's the next step to dehumanise the newly born, and then maybe the elderly. Where does it end?

Well I am against it. Just as was spoken in the above comment.  Murder is murder.  God calls it just that, murder.  Those who call themselves Christians and put their support behind this will stand accountable.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

This topic is way too painful for me to comment on, but I have been led to say a couple of things anyway.  I was not about to enter into a conversation that upsets me so much, but while I was praying, God laid a few things on my heart.

I abhor abortion and I am a pro-life activist.  When my son was only about 5 years old he said to me, "Why don't you take us to the abortuary and show all those mommies who are about to kill their babies how sweet we little children are and maybe they will change their minds?"

Out of the mouths of babes!  Yes, my children were the sweetest little babies who grew up to be the sweetest adults.  They have given me the sweetest grandchildren ever.  I am blessed!  

I was never in the position to even consider abortion.  I was never impregnated by rape.  My life was never in danger giving birth.  I have not made the walk that many women have and I will not judge them.  I will only open my arms in love.

I feel the need to say that these women and girls who have had abortions need our love.  They need our prayers.  There is no way to undo what has happened to them and no way to repair the damage.  This is something only God alone can heal.  I do not believe they deserve, nor need to hear us tell them how sinful they are and that they are "murderers".  We cannot judge them this way, because we do not know their hearts, nor do we know their stories.  We do not know if they were raped, and no one has the right to say what they would do under certain conditions.  We don't even know if some were coerced into getting an abortion.

As is said ... "Except for the grace of God there go I."

I know there is no one who is not guilty of the sin of murder.  We must remember the conditions of our own hearts.  As Kwik said, although she did not go through with the actions, it was what was in her heart that needed to be forgiven.

You ask how I can say we are all guilty of murder?  Well, this is what Jesus said.

Matthew 5:21-28

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Personal Relationships

21 “You have heard that the ancients were told, ‘You shall not commit murder’ and ‘Whoever commits murder shall be liable to the court.’

22 But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, ‘You good-for-nothing,’ shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, ‘You fool,’ shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.

23 Therefore if you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,

24 leave your offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering.

25 Make friends quickly with your opponent at law while you are with him on the way, so that your opponent may not hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the officer, and you be thrown into prison.

26 Truly I say to you, you will not come out of there until you have paid up the last cent.

27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery’;

28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

1 John 3:14-16

14 We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love abides in death.

15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

16 We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Now, having this reminder, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone..."  Have you been angry with anyone?  Have you hated?  Then you are guilty by the Word of God.  You may have repented, I know I have, so should we go on calling one another names?  

When I stand in front of the clinics, or in line with The Chain of Life, we do not, I do not, call these women and their providers "murderers".  We do remind them that abortion stops a beating heart.  We work very hard to educate the uninformed, and we have won over many.  I think quite strongly that no one is won over by being insulted, and called names.  We are often insulted and called names, but that is how the world and the unsaved act.  We are sworn to a higher calling.  We use love as our guide and it works!

We have training, we show some very graphic images.  We tell the truth about abortion without condemning anyone, because, after-all, that is not our job to condemn.  Jesus set an example of this himself.  He went among the prostitutes, the tax collectors, and all the sinners in love.  He was criticized for even sharing company with people such as this, but He set a great example for us and how we are to be.

John 3:17

17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

There is nothing that saddens me more than abortion, except when I hear a distraught woman being called a "murderer".  I believe we need to remember that is a sin which we all must confess and repent.  It is always easier to tell the truth in love than to tell the truth laced with condemnation.  I believe it pleases God more when we put on love and change lives that way.

Peace to you and God bless you all.

Your humble servant in Christ Jesus and also an abortion survivor,

PrairWarur

I am totally against abortion as well but I think you have a good take on what we, as believers, should do.  Only God can judge the sinner. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Murder is murder.  Abortion, the very concept of it was born out of the racist mentality of Margaret Sanger who by the way proposed a program of eugenics that influenced Hitler.     Abortion is justifed by viewing the unborn child as nonhuman.  There is no reason one can provide for abortion that trumps the right to live,except in the minds of those who seek to dehumanize the unborn.

Once you dehumanise the unborn, it's the next step to dehumanise the newly born, and then maybe the elderly. Where does it end?

Well I am against it. Just as was spoken in the above comment.  Murder is murder.  God calls it just that, murder.  Those who call themselves Christians and put their support behind this will stand accountable.  

Indeed they will, R.A. 

This topic is way too painful for me to comment on, but I have been led to say a couple of things anyway. I was not about to enter into a conversation that upsets me so much, but while I was praying, God laid a few things on my heart.

I abhor abortion and I am a pro-life activist. When my son was only about 5 years old he said to me, "Why don't you take us to the abortuary and show all those mommies who are about to kill their babies how sweet we little children are and maybe they will change their minds?"

Out of the mouths of babes! Yes, my children were the sweetest little babies who grew up to be the sweetest adults. They have given me the sweetest grandchildren ever. I am blessed!

I was never in the position to even consider abortion. I was never impregnated by rape. My life was never in danger giving birth. I have not made the walk that many women have and I will not judge them. I will only open my arms in love.

I feel the need to say that these women and girls who have had abortions need our love. They need our prayers. There is no way to undo what has happened to them and no way to repair the damage. This is something only God alone can heal. I do not believe they deserve, nor need to hear us tell them how sinful they are and that they are "murderers". We cannot judge them this way, because we do not know their hearts, nor do we know their stories. We do not know if they were raped, and no one has the right to say what they would do under certain conditions. We don't even know if some were coerced into getting an abortion.

As is said ... "Except for the grace of God there go I."

I know there is no one who is not guilty of the sin of murder. We must remember the conditions of our own hearts. As Kwik said, although she did not go through with the actions, it was what was in her heart that needed to be forgiven.

You ask how I can say we are all guilty of murder? Well, this is what Jesus said.

Matthew 5:21-28

Personal Relationships

21 “You have heard that the ancients were told, ‘You shall not commit murder’ and ‘Whoever commits murder shall be liable to the court.’

22 But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, ‘You good-for-nothing,’ shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, ‘You fool,’ shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.

23 Therefore if you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,

24 leave your offering there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering.

25 Make friends quickly with your opponent at law while you are with him on the way, so that your opponent may not hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the officer, and you be thrown into prison.

26 Truly I say to you, you will not come out of there until you have paid up the last cent.

27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery’;

28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

1 John 3:14-16

14 We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love abides in death.

15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

16 We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Now, having this reminder, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone..." Have you been angry with anyone? Have you hated? Then you are guilty by the Word of God. You may have repented, I know I have, so should we go on calling one another names?

When I stand in front of the clinics, or in line with The Chain of Life, we do not, I do not, call these women and their providers "murderers". We do remind them that abortion stops a beating heart. We work very hard to educate the uninformed, and we have won over many. I think quite strongly that no one is won over by being insulted, and called names. We are often insulted and called names, but that is how the world and the unsaved act. We are sworn to a higher calling. We use love as our guide and it works!

We have training, we show some very graphic images. We tell the truth about abortion without condemning anyone, because, after-all, that is not our job to condemn. Jesus set an example of this himself. He went among the prostitutes, the tax collectors, and all the sinners in love. He was criticized for even sharing company with people such as this, but He set a great example for us and how we are to be.

John 3:17

17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

There is nothing that saddens me more than abortion, except when I hear a distraught woman being called a "murderer". I believe we need to remember that is a sin which we all must confess and repent. It is always easier to tell the truth in love than to tell the truth laced with condemnation. I believe it pleases God more when we put on love and change lives that way.

Peace to you and God bless you all.

Your humble servant in Christ Jesus and also an abortion survivor,

PrairWarur

Thank you for this, I agree. I dont think abortion is the best option. But we shouldnt be do hard. We all do wrong things and shouldnt point fingers with someone in this situation. I appreciate your comment. Although I micarried, I felt incredibly conflicted wih abortion. I was living in a homeless shelter, the father was on the run from police, I was very unhealthy and was confused. Even though it is hard, means a lot that you were still able to post your opinion.

Thank you for this, I agree. I dont think abortion is the best option. But we shouldnt be do hard. We all do wrong things and shouldnt point fingers with someone in this situation. I appreciate your comment. Although I micarried, I felt incredibly conflicted wih abortion. I was living in a homeless shelter, the father was on the run from police, I was very unhealthy and was confused. Even though it is hard, means a lot that you were still able to post your opinion.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Amen sister, don't hold onto any offenses in your past life that will cause you to stumble in life with God. We all had to live and learn. We all mess up and we all need people. Love grows through communication. Blessed are the Peace Makers, settle it in your heart its ok to disagree.