• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but does God have a sense of humour?

And if so, what does He find funny?  Are we allowed to join in with Him?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I can't imagine him creating the gift of laughter if he doesn't have a sense of humour himself. I'm pretty sure that he does.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

I am sure he does, we were made in His image and we have a sense of humor so it only stands to reason He does too.  

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Oh yes He does...

I've gone through extreme Seeking places and one time I heard a joke in my spirit!!! It was: Take off your sunglasses so you can see My Light at the end of the tunnel!!! Hahaha...I laughed so hard because at that precise moment I needed Him...I needed encouragement...We are made in His image...Oh yes...He is Wonderful and Amazing...and Glorious...

One time He gave me a rapping song and I'm a pretty "old" young lady...That almost rocked my own socks off...Hahaha

and the third one: I asked Him if this "heat" that I was feeling; was it Him and His Healing Anointing, or was it a hot flash...I think He thought that was pretty funny...

I just read your what's on your mind: Being like Jesus...and Spock saying: Might be asking for long lines...Yeah...People needing and wanting to be healed...Whew...They are standing in line...Whew...

Much love in Him, Kathy

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Oh yes He does...

I've gone through extreme Seeking places and one time I heard a joke in my spirit!!! It was: Take off your sunglasses so you can see My Light at the end of the tunnel!!! Hahaha...I laughed so hard because at that precise moment I needed Him...I needed encouragement...We are made in His image...Oh yes...He is Wonderful and Amazing...and Glorious...

One time He gave me a rapping song and I'm a pretty "old" young lady...That almost rocked my own socks off...Hahaha

and the third one: I asked Him if this "heat" that I was feeling; was it Him and His Healing Anointing, or was it a hot flash...I think He thought that was pretty funny...

I just read your what's on your mind: Being like Jesus...and Spock saying: Might be asking for long lines...Yeah...People needing and wanting to be healed...Whew...They are standing in line...Whew...

Much love in Him, Kathy

:24: Love it, thanks!  I always wondered if say it was a service and something funny popped into my head, a little like what you described, am I allowed to respond with laughter - even on the inside if I can't physically?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

I would say definitely "yes".  Our L-rd is the exact representation of the Father.  Our L-rd definitely laughed, cried and experienced all the emotions we have.  All thoroughout G-d's word you hear of G-d, the Father, being pleased, having pleasure and things bringing Him joy.  Those situations can make you smile.  We are His children, and for those of us who have children or grandchildren, aren't there times when they make you laugh?  I am sure the L-rd has had his share of laughs from all of us.  Wheresoever there is light and joy, there is laughter and you cannot have laughter without a sense of humor.

Guest AFlameOfFire

No, I dont see where it portrays Him as having a sense of humor

Shows He laughs in these things

Psalm 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

Psalm 37:13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.

Psalm 59:8 But thou, O LORD, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision.

Prov 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

There seems to be a time for it, scriptures seem to show alot of the wrong times being adressed, look up laughter also, says sorrow is better then laughter as well

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Zion...I know you can be a laugh riot...(I love love your sense of humour...I have seen it...Hahaha...read it) that is what drew me to you!!! and maybe for me laughter was the wrong meaning in some instances...A Merry Heart is what I was meaning by laughter...because it doeth good like a medicine...Proverbs 17:22...

I found an old timey good ol' song that talks about How Our Lord Gives us Our Medicine In The Closet...I find My Doctor (Jesus) In The Closet...Whew...(In The Prayer Closet)

I know we can laugh at something and it be like...in a bad way...

But that isn't what I was referring to...and I know we shouldn't disrupt a service...but that laughing (merry heart) on the inside just might cause someone to walk up to you after and ask you what is going on? Why are you so happy-merry?...Hahaha...Much love in Him...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Proverbs 17:25 NKJV A merry heart does good like medicine but a broken spirit dries the bones.

15:15 b But he who is of a merry heart has a continual feast

15:13 A merry heart makes a cheerful continence.

Our pastor frequently points out humor of Jesus, which is somewhat cultural and may be a little different than ours. His statement about a camel going through the eye of a needle is one, though I think it may have been referring to the sheep gate which was very low and small. Often it is the imagry that is used. Even some of the things he has the prophets do are oddly funny. Or having the Israelites circle Jerico 7 times and on the last blow trumpets and all! What a strange battle plan. How about Gideon and choosing 300 men who lapped water like a dog. There are others I can't think of right now but will add them as I do. I just can't help but think that God has a wild sense of humor.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

If God created man He must have a sense of humor..... :grin: