• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Is there a good explanation for how marine life fared in the flood conditions?  Wouldn't saline water animals be devastated by an onslaught of fresh water?

Yes, the fountains of the GREAT DEEP.....the Minerals coming from the Earth's crust.

However, I'm no Marine Biologist.  We could ask George Costanza, however. :P

The flood waters lasted 11 months according to the bible, during that time all the water would have been mixed to such and extent either the salt water fish would be dead or the fresh water ones would have been, or most likely both.

Unsupported Conjecture

which part, the length of the flood or the mixing of the waters?

"either the salt water fish would be dead or the fresh water ones would have been, or most likely both."

@ the minimum George Costanza CITED!

There are times where random bible verses really don't help, this would be one of them.  Ever try to post your own words? 

:thumbsup:

Jesus

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1 Timothy 3:16

Is

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Romans 14:11-12

Lord

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

The start...Gen 7:10 And after the seven days the floodwaters came on the earth. 11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, on the seventeenth day of the second month—on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.

The end...

13 By the first day of the first month of Noah’s six hundred and first year, the water had dried up from the earth. Noah then removed the covering from the ark and saw that the surface of the ground was dry. 14 By the twenty-seventh day of the second month the earth was completely dry.

So, in the 600th year of Noah's life, the 17the day of the second month to the first day of the first month of the 601st year of Noah's life.  Sounds like about 11 months to me.  And notice that even then the animals didn't leave the ark for another 2 months so

Is there a good explanation for how marine life fared in the flood conditions?  Wouldn't saline water animals be devastated by an onslaught of fresh water?

Yes, the fountains of the GREAT DEEP.....the Minerals coming from the Earth's crust.

However, I'm no Marine Biologist.  We could ask George Costanza, however. :P

The flood waters lasted 11 months according to the bible, during that time all the water would have been mixed to such and extent either the salt water fish would be dead or the fresh water ones would have been, or most likely both.

Unsupported Conjecture

which part, the length of the flood or the mixing of the waters?

"either the salt water fish would be dead or the fresh water ones would have been, or most likely both."

@ the minimum George Costanza CITED!

We we know from empirical data that most salt water fish cannot live in fresh water for very long, we also know that from empirical data that most fresh water fish cannot live in salt water for very long. 

We we know from empirical data that most salt water fish cannot live in fresh water for very long, we also know that from empirical data that most fresh water fish cannot live in salt water for very long. 

That's assuming you know the exact concentrations in the water during the flood.

Got any Empirical Data for that?

Please post that Empirical Data for the Fish now that you have and I'll have George take a look @ it.

That's assuming you know the exact concentrations in the water during the flood.

Please post that Empirical Data for the Fish now that you have and I'll have George take a look @ it.

We do not need to know the act concentrations in the water during the flood.  What we know is that salt water fish and fresh water fish cannot survive in the same water for very long.  So, the default position has to be that at a minimum one group or the other died off during the flood.  If you wish to put forth any other position it is incumbent upon you to support it with empirical data, otherwise it is just unsupported conjecture

We do not need to know the act concentrations in the water during the flood.  What we know is that salt water fish and fresh water fish cannot survive in the same water for very long.  So, the default position has to be that at a minimum one group or the other died off during the flood.  If you wish to put forth any other position it is incumbent upon you to support it with empirical data, otherwise it is just unsupported conjecture

"If you wish to put forth any other position it is incumbent upon you to support it with empirical data, otherwise it is just unsupported conjecture"

LOL.  So you post an Unsupported Conjecture but it's incumbent upon me to provide refutation of your Unsupported Conjecture with a Cited Source??  :24:

Here's my support: and the Source is PRISTINE and Beyond Reproach!!.......

(Genesis 6:7) "And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them."

(Genesis 6:13) "And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth."

(Genesis 6:17) "And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die."

(Genesis 7:17) "And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth."

(Genesis 7:18) "And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters."

(Genesis 7:19) "And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered."

(Genesis 7:20) "Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered."

(Genesis 7:21) "And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:"

(Genesis 7:22) "All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died."

(Genesis 7:23) "And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark."

(Genesis 7:24) "And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days."

I missed the part about which fish lived, could you highlight it for me?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I missed the part about which fish lived, could you highlight it for me?

that would be the ones that God wanted alive....

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

You must have a local flood for OEC..... one of their "proofs" is that all the rocks and fossils were laid down by slow gradual processes with an occasional local rapid deposition.  If there were a Global Flood, it's sayonara to that a priori assumption.

Questions:

1. If the flood wasn't the WHOLE EARTH then why did Noah have to take the animals on the Ark?  Wasn't there animals some place else?

2. Or why build the Ark....why not just tell Noah to move?

3. Why build an Ark over 400 feet long if it was only a local Flood?

4. If the Flood was local then did God break his promise not to Flood the world again? Hasn’t the Mesopotamian Valley been flooded many times since Noah?

5. If the Flood was local, why would birds have been sent on board? These could simply have winged across to a nearby mountain range.

(Matthew 24:37-39) " But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.  {38}  For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,  {39}  And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

So if people would have happened to not live in the Mesopotamia vicinity they would have not been affected and would've escaped GOD's Judgement.  What did Jesus mean when he likened the coming judgement of "all" men to..."in the days of Noah"?  Is the coming judgement a partial judgement?

Then.....

(Genesis 6:7) "And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them."

(Genesis 6:13) "And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth."

(Genesis 6:17) "And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die."

(Genesis 7:17) "And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth."

(Genesis 7:18) "And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters."

(Genesis 7:19) "And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered."

(Genesis 7:20) "Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered."

(Genesis 7:21) "And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:"

(Genesis 7:22) "All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died."

(Genesis 7:23) "And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark."

(Genesis 7:24) "And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days."

Here is an article that gets into the Hebrew that explains why this may not be a global flood, if you are interested-

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/localflood.html