IGNORED

Can the Catholic, Orthodox Christian,be saved?

silviawang

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I understand what you are trying to say. It is accountability thing for you. You blame Jesus for his death....I blame mankind, all of us for his murder. You have no need to repent for the killing of Jesus and I felt responsible for killing of Jesus so I told him in tears of sorrow ...I am sorry... Please forgive me.... You thanked him for his sacrifice for your sins but do not hold any responsibility of his death on yourself...

Shiloh357

But the OTHER side of the coin deals with the theology of Jesus’ death, which is the part you are not paying any attention to. Jesus’ crucifixion, while carried out by men , was not the cause of Jesus death, when examined from the theological vantage point. Jesus didn’t die from crucifixion.

Crucify means put to death by nailing or binding the hands and feet to a cross.

Then if he didn't die from crucifixion then he wasn't crucified because crucify means put to death.

The Cross would mean nothing to you since he wasn't crucified.

He wasn't killed..... he wasn't crucified. What is your agenda in all this?

Because there is about another 100 scriptures that say Jesus was crucified which means put to death, killed, murdered, executed by mankind.

When Jesus was on the cross ..it was the Lamb of God...a Lamb is completely helpless, he was completely in the hands of his father. His Fathers will. God the Father determined the timing of his death. Do you believe in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

My question for you...all the praying that Jesus did on earth...was he praying to himself or to God the Father. I think that is why you have trouble understanding that Jesus was killed by Mankind.

And when he laid down his life for us ...he was helpless as a Lamb .....of God...

You blame Jesus for his death

No you are still not getting it. Man cannot blame Jesus for His sacrifice. What we should be doing is falling to our knees in thanks for it!

It's not about blame, because blame has caused blood to be spilled for the wrong reasons, for thousands of years.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

Back to the topic. . .   yes Catholics can be saved.  I believe that I am.  The Catholic church teaches that salvation is by grace.  Jesus' death is our ransom.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Might I just add that the Romans killed him at the bequest of the religious leaders of the Jews........    and Jesus forgave them just before he died on the cross.

If he forgave them why is it that some of us have had so much trouble letting it go.

Jesus was not exactly helpless on the cross, but he himself chose not to use any of his powers above his humanness to save himself......   which he could easily have done.     but remember also that Jesus told Pilot that the religious leaders had the greater sin stemming from his death, so there was blame to put on them.

Father forgive them for they know not what they do.........         i think we should have let it go 2,000 years ago....   but how many Jews have suffered and died at the hands of an unforgiving church....    

You know maybe we need to find the tree of knowledge and evil and have another really big bite of that fruit...

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/18/1970

Why not... one God, one faith