• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

"What about the people who never heard the Gospel?--The poor, ignorant heathen who never even heard the name of Jesus? How could a God of Love send them into everlasting torment in the Lake of Fire and Brimstone when they never even had a chance to hear the Gospel or know how to get saved?...

Read more here:

*** though the question is OK, the site teaches falsely and has been removed ***

God said in His word that no one will be without excuse.  He speaks through His creation and people.  Everyone will have a chance to know Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Before going to sleep, I prayed and asked God to show me the answer to my question to whether there is or isn't a place between heaven and hell, and when I woke up I saw a number in my mind, number 333 (whatever that means), and felt peaceful. I felt like someone had answered my question here on Worthy. Onelight pointed out Romans 2-12:16, which always resonated within my heart. I think that is as close as I'll get to my answer.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

I honestly don't have much to say on this because it's not my place to speak for God when God In my opinion has been silent.

I know the bible says if you reject me I will reject you (paraphrase) and I know it says if you believe in me I will save you (paraphrase), but I can't find definitively what God thinks about the one who has neither believed or rejected his truth.

So, I will put my hands over my lips and continue to support missionaries who wish to go into the world to make disciples for Christ.

Spock quietly out

I agree with some of the things that person says on the link. It's easy to accuse others of going to hell when we know we are going to heaven. A family member of mine is that way, she'll straight out tell someone that if they don't accept Jesus in their lives that they will go to hell. And so many accept Him because of the fear that has been put into them. Who are we to say who and who will not go to hell when we don't know that person's heart and spirit? I'm glad our God is a loving compassionate God who can see in the places a mere human cannot see. 

We know what the Bible teaches, and we understand the plan of salvation.  There is no other name given whereby we must be saved other than Jesus Christ.  We know that if someone doesn't accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior, they will spend eternity in hell.  We know that because it is what the Bible teaches.  It has nothing to do with being judgmental or wanting that the be the outcome for the lost.  I wish that everyone could get a second chance.  I wish that those who were bad would be punished for a time and then released, like we do with criminals in our justice system, but that is not taught in scripture.  God's ways are not our ways.  There is a difference knowing where someone will wind up, and being happy about it.  There is a difference in telling someone the truth and being judgmental. 

God said in His word that no one will be without excuse.  He speaks through His creation and people.  Everyone will have a chance to know Him.

Romans 1:20 isn't talking about people who never heard the gospel. Romans 1:21 says they knew God. (21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.) These people understood the glory of the immortal God and still rejected it. In other words, you can't reject something you don't know exists.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1984

Well, when Christ died on the cross, He descended into Hell and gave those who could've never known Him a chance to repent before He returned to Heaven.  It's possible that those who have never heard His name get that chance.

But it is also possible that God has revealed Himself in many ways.  I have heard of missionaries going to places in jungles to preach to indigenous people who have had no communication with the outside world and when they spoke about Jesus, they said they knew who Jesus was.  The Native Americans knew of a Great Spirit in the sky and a lot of their sayings/teachings match almost perfectly with those of Jesus.  Helen Keller knew who Jesus was before she ever was told about Him through Braille.  I knew God existed and felt His presence around my life even though I was never taught about Him and grew up an atheist in an atheist household. 

He is Jesus to us.  But that was just His earth name and God the Father really is unnamed.  He simply went by "I Am" and other names that we do not even know today.  So even though the bible is quickly spreading across the globe, don't lock God into a box that says no one can know who God is unless they are taught by Christians.  God has His ways of reaching to ALL His people.

Well, when Christ died on the cross, He descended into Hell and gave those who could've never known Him a chance to repent before He returned to Heaven. It's possible that those who have never heard His name get that chance.

But it is also possible that God has revealed Himself in many ways. I have heard of missionaries going to places in jungles to preach to indigenous people who have had no communication with the outside world and when they spoke about Jesus, they said they knew who Jesus was. The Native Americans knew of a Great Spirit in the sky and a lot of their sayings/teachings match almost perfectly with those of Jesus. Helen Keller knew who Jesus was before she ever was told about Him through Braille. I knew God existed and felt His presence around my life even though I was never taught about Him and grew up an atheist in an atheist household.

He is Jesus to us. But that was just His earth name and God the Father really is unnamed. He simply went by "I Am" and other names that we do not even know today. So even though the bible is quickly spreading across the globe, don't lock God into a box that says no one can know who God is unless they are taught by Christians. God has His ways of reaching to ALL His people.

I don't think the Greek translation of Hades means hell, the Roman Catholic church translated it that way if I'm not mistaking. I do agree with everything else you wrote.

I agree with some of the things that person says on the link. It's easy to accuse others of going to hell when we know we are going to heaven. A family member of mine is that way, she'll straight out tell someone that if they don't accept Jesus in their lives that they will go to hell. And so many accept Him because of the fear that has been put into them. Who are we to say who and who will not go to hell when we don't know that person's heart and spirit? I'm glad our God is a loving compassionate God who can see in the places a mere human cannot see.

We know what the Bible teaches, and we understand the plan of salvation.  There is no other name given whereby we must be saved other than Jesus Christ.  We know that if someone doesn't accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior, they will spend eternity in hell.  We know that because it is what the Bible teaches.  It has nothing to do with being judgmental or wanting that the be the outcome for the lost.  I wish that everyone could get a second chance.  I wish that those who were bad would be punished for a time and then released, like we do with criminals in our justice system, but that is not taught in scripture.  God's ways are not our ways.  There is a difference knowing where someone will wind up, and being happy about it.  There is a difference in telling someone the truth and being judgmental.

Rejecting and not knowing Jesus (by the teaching of someone) are two different things aren't they Butero?

Just about everyone knows who Jesus is but many don't believe He is the son of God, and that's what we as believers have to teach them by reflecting the love of Christ from within us, by being a good example to others and by teaching His gospel.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Well, when Christ died on the cross, He descended into Hell and gave those who could've never known Him a chance to repent before He returned to Heaven.  It's possible that those who have never heard His name get that chance.

Nowhere in scripture does it say they got a second chance to be saved after they died.