ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

This is offensive to me. Gun rights are one thing, but he is taking the worship service of the Lord and turning it into a political stand.

http://www.abc15.com/news/national/new-york-pastor-to-raffle-rifle-during-sunday-service

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

Nothing screams the Love of Jesus more than a good old AR-15.  :help:  

What a sad state of affairs. This church should lose it tax exempt status for being so overtly political.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

Nothing screams the Love of Jesus more than a good old AR-15.  :help:  

What a sad state of affairs. This church should lose it tax exempt status for being so overtly political.

:24: That is just scary... 

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

during the revolutionary war, many pastors would stand in front of their congregation with a rifle, and say who is with me, and march out and the men of the church would follow him out. whole platoons of men were churches led by the pastor. I say kudos to this pastor-Pastors, and churches SHOULD be politically active and SHOULD make political stands. Part of why were in the condition were in today is because pastors and men of the church are accepting the LIE that churches shouldnt be politically active because of "seperation of church and state" I say good job pastor-thankyou, for having the backbone to do what the rest of american churches are to afraid of.

during the revolutionary war, many pastors would stand in front of their congregation with a rifle, and say who is with me, and march out and the men of the church would follow him out. whole platoons of men were churches led by the pastor. I say kudos to this pastor-Pastors, and churches SHOULD be politically active and SHOULD make political stands. Part of why were in the condition were in today is because pastors and men of the church are accepting the LIE that churches shouldnt be politically active because of "seperation of church and state" I say good job pastor-thankyou, for having the backbone to do what the rest of american churches are to afraid of.

there you go, we wouldn't want churches wasting time talking bout God or Jesus or anything silly like that.  Any church that wants to become politically active should be free to do so.  The first step would be to give up their tax exempt status.  How many churches do you think are willing to put their money where their mouth is?

Guest shiloh357

there you go, we wouldn't want churches wasting time talking bout God or Jesus or anything silly like that.  Any church that wants to become politically active should be free to do so.  The first step would be to give up their tax exempt status.  How many churches do you think are willing to put their money where their mouth is?

I bet if they were standing in their pulpits preaching in favor of gay rights you would not offended at all about that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

My thoughts on the matter is that I feel the church's attention could be put to better use. Caring for the needs of people. Besides that, I do not think a church should be rifling off anything. Except maybe Bibles. It is a house of worship not a game show.

So anywho that's what I think.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

If you ask me, all of them should. However, I dont see why they should have to. churches should have the same right any other religion does-betcha if a mosque were to endorse a candidate, no one would bat an eye and take away their tax free status. Churches should have the right-not only to raffle off a rifle or anything else-but to be politically active, if they don't then they don't truly have freedom, in fact its just the opposite. It is a flat out lie that churches cant preach Jesus and be politically active-in fact, theres no reason they cant be one and the same thing.

I bet if they were standing in their pulpits preaching in favor of gay rights you would not offended at all about that.

and you would be wrong as usual. 

If you ask me, all of them should. However, I dont see why they should have to. churches should have the same right any other religion does-betcha if a mosque were to endorse a candidate, no one would bat an eye and take away their tax free status. Churches should have the right-not only to raffle off a rifle or anything else-but to be politically active, if they don't then they don't truly have freedom, in fact its just the opposite. It is a flat out lie that churches cant preach Jesus and be politically active-in fact, theres no reason they cant be one and the same thing.

They wont give up their tax exempt status because only a handful of churches could survive without it.  This is a case of wanting their cake and eating it to.   I will agree with your last sentence as soon as you give me some examples of Jesus being politically active.