:) Edited by lambofgod

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Woops wrong chat forum...how do i delete posts?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

You can go edit your post, then type over with a smiley or word (oops).

I think the arguments from design can be pretty sophisticated and convincing.  But where does one bridge the gap?  I mean between demonstrating that there is indeed a Creator, to saying that this Creator is indeed the God we worship?  There are facets of design that present cases for benevolence, but there are also cases where the creation is less than desirable.  I have heard it said that sin entering into the world brought about these bad things.  But that presupposes that you have established that the Creator is God as we know Him.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Ohh thanks haha

I do it all the time when I stick my foot in my mouth :D

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

I think the arguments from design can be pretty sophisticated and convincing.  But where does one bridge the gap?  I mean between demonstrating that there is indeed a Creator, to saying that this Creator is indeed the God we worship?  There are facets of design that present cases for benevolence, but there are also cases where the creation is less than desirable.  I have heard it said that sin entering into the world brought about these bad things.  But that presupposes that you have established that the Creator is God as we know Him.

One thing we get from observing the content of the world is beauty and greatness. I don't know that that alone would convince anybody that God is worthy of worship, but I don't think any argument is going to do that. Perhaps the most that can be reasonably expected is that people will be thinking about these things in ways they haven't previously.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Prophecy is the Compelling Factor in this Specific Case for it displays and testifies to HIS Transcendence of Time....and there can only be "ONE" Creator, Logically.  And there's only "ONE" with Prophecy!!!!!   :thumbsup::bighug::101::hurrah:

How do we limit the number of creators to one Creator though? The arguments don't really convince us of this. One could conclude that there is a pantheon responsible and would be on solid footing. Of course that is not what we think for the most part these days, except for a few polytheistic religions. I don't know how many are responsible in Hindu mythology.

My point is not to deny the existence of one Creator, rather to point out the limitations of the arguments. As Aloha rightly pointed out, the goal is to get people thinking.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

How do we limit the number of creators to one Creator though? The arguments don't really convince us of this. One could conclude that there is a pantheon responsible and would be on solid footing. Of course that is not what we think for the most part these days, except for a few polytheistic religions. I don't know how many are responsible in Hindu mythology.

My point is not to deny the existence of one Creator, rather to point out the limitations of the arguments. As Aloha rightly pointed out, the goal is to get people thinking.

==========================================================================

How do we limit the number of creators to one Creator though? The arguments don't really convince us of this. One could conclude that there is a pantheon responsible and would be on solid footing.

Gray, I already spoke to this.  No....Logically, they would be on an Ice Skating Rink that's covered with Canola Oil.

You can't have more than "ONE" Creator....by simple definition of "CREATOR".   To postulate more than one is Logical Absurdity.

To "Create" you must always "have been".   (Exodus 3:14) "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."

Because if HE wasn't (I AM THAT I AM) he would need to have been "Created" leading to an infinite regress of who/what came first.  There Absolutely MUST be ONE,  and that ONE couldn't have CREATED HIMSELF.....again, Logical Absurdity.

If 1LOT is True, (And it most assuredly is!!), then the CREATOR MUST BE outside of Time.  Prophecy is the Compelling Factor in this matter.

Show ONE false god with any Specific Prophecies that have come to pass?  There are over 2000 in MY GOD'S BOOK most highly specific and detailed that 2/3 have come to pass with 100% Accuracy.

The craziness is when people wager that the last 1/3 won't.  :huh:

I don't know how many are responsible in Hindu mythology.

I do.  If you go back far enough....all False gods have their BIRTH in Babylon.  Based on Three that were Deified......They just have different names (Based on confusing there languages/scattering/ developing their own cultures post tower of babel, Every single False god on the planet originates with these Three:

Nimrod (@ least 25 different names)-------------------------------------Semiramus ( Hundreds of Different Names)----------------------------------Tammuz (a Few)