IGNORED

The 'Noah' film starring Russell Crowe

Guest DRS81

Guest shiloh357

Remember that it is not a BAPTIST only movie....it is combination of all the stories and versions of Noah. See the movie and take from it what you KNOW is right, but do not bully a film because it isn't word for word from the KJV. It's not a biblical movie.  It is environmentalist movie.  There is nothing right about it.  It promotes evolution, it shows a creator who hates humanity, it shows Noah to be a psychopath.  It doesn't err in minor details. 

The movie doesn't purport to be from all versions of the Noah story.  It claims to be inspired by the biblical events and tries to stay true to the spirit of the story.   It is not a biblical movie in the slightest.  It shows a creator who hates humanity and presents Noah as a psychopath.

The story of noah is 2 pages of scripture that encompasses nearly a millenium of time. Who is to say what happened during that time God does not tell us everything.

The problem is that the Bible tells a lot about Noah and the events and the movie doesn't include what the Bible says happened.  It scraps the biblical story for a made up account.   So that argument doesn't fly.    This not about things that happened that the Bible doesn't say.  It is about a movie that claims to be true the spirit of the biblical account while ommitting everything the Bible says DID happen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Remember that it is not a BAPTIST only movie....it is combination of all the stories and versions of Noah. See the movie and take from it what you KNOW is right, but do not bully a film because it isn't word for word from the KJV. The story of noah is 2 pages of scripture that encompasses nearly a millenium of time. Who is to say what happened during that time God does not tell us everything.

Even if God doesn't tell us everything, filling in the gaps is one thing, but changing what he does tell us is quite another.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

It was very sad to see Russel Crowe during an interview saying something like "If anyone does not get what this movie is about "read your bible", with an emphasis and inflection of tone intimating that he does, and if you don't there is something wrong with you.

Does anyone know what his beliefs are?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I saw that movie. I thought it was a great movie that did not go against scripture other than the fact that Ham had no wife as in scripture it implies he has a wife. There was nothing that was sacreligious.

:hmmm:  You are going to have to defend this position with the words of Scripture.

Remember that it is not a BAPTIST only movie....it is combination of all the stories and versions of Noah. See the movie and take from it what you KNOW is right, but do not bully a film because it isn't word for word from the KJV. The story of noah is 2 pages of scripture that encompasses nearly a millenium of time. Who is to say what happened during that time God does not tell us everything.

I am not a Baptist.

"All versions" - do you mean versions from the Koran, Sumerian legends, etc.?

What kind of church do you attend? Universal? (That's the only "Christian" denomination variety that is so loose with Scripture.)

Opposing a film is not "bullying it" - goodness, it sounds like you have learned Liberal propaganda techniques quite well.

It's not true to any version of the Bible - NIV, NASB, Good News, etc. Not even The Message would support your claim.

Well, I can confidently claim there were no fallen-angel rock people, Noah was not supposed to kill his family, Tubal Cain did not stow away on the ark, ....

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

Actually it was not just the sin of man...it was also due to the nephilim and desecration of Gods creation..

The Lord sent the flood because of sin of man, not because of environmental damage. Noah saves things in the movie, but God saved noahs family in the bible. Completely changes the story.

Genesis 6:4-8

4The Nephilimb were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.

5The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6And the LORD regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. 7So the LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

I disagree with that. I do not view the nephilim as hybrids of man and fallen angels either.

Proverbs 14:12

There is a way that seems right to a man,
    but its end is the way to death.

This goes to the problem I have with the movie and why I chose to comment on it is due to the lack of biblical accuracy!  Considering a large majority of Christians in these days choose to develop there own version of the truth and ignore what the texts says because it is to hard for them to believe only confirms that you are not alone in you conclusion.  I thank you for your comment and sincerely want to encourage you to except the word for what it says.  I believe that God is wanting believers to take Him at His word and even except the parts that are hard to understand. God bless you and Thank you for your comment :)

Edited by savedbyGrace

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I saw that movie. I thought it was a great movie that did not go against scripture other than the fact that Ham had no wife as in scripture it implies he has a wife. There was nothing that was sacreligious.

So you think the things that shiloh mentioned in the film were not sacrilegious? You thought portraying Noah as a potential killer of his family under the command of creator was ok? You thought that changing the meaning of the bible story to save animals instead of to save a remnant of humanity was ok? 

Chal you worry me. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Actually it was not just the sin of man...it was also due to the nephilim and desecration of Gods creation..

The Lord sent the flood because of sin of man, not because of environmental damage. Noah saves things in the movie, but God saved noahs family in the bible. Completely changes the story.

Genesis 6:4-8

4The Nephilimb were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.

5The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6And the LORD regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. 7So the LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

I disagree with that. I do not view the nephilim as hybrids of man and fallen angels either.

Proverbs 14:12

There is a way that seems right to a man,

but its end is the way to death.

This goes to the problem I have with the movie and why I chose to comment on it is due to the lack of biblical accuracy!  Considering a large majority of Christians in these days choose to develop there own version of the truth and ignore what the texts says because it is to hard for them to believe only confirms that you are not alone in you conclusion.  I thank you for your comment and sincerely want to encourage you to except the word for what it says.  I believe that God is wanting believers to take Him at His word and even except the parts that are hard to understand. God bless you and Thank you for your comment :)

Because I choose not to believe the extrabiblical view that nephilim were fallen angels you claim I am not taking God at his word? You claim Im ignoring scripture when scripture does not claim the nephilim were fallen angels? Quite arrogant.

Guest DRS81

Before I made thread, I was optimistic in waiting on DVD,

but I am choosing not to buy upon release date.

We should expect more of these non-biblical films.

So sad..... just a bunch of actors in sheep's clothing cashing in on God films. :(

(1 John 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.)

I'll stick with my old Jesus films, thank u very much. :)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

This one looks promising, not sure of its biblical stature however.

Even when Hollywood sets out to follow the Bible it's a crap shoot at best. Ten Commandments / Touched by an Angel / you name it...