MooseGirl

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

:emot-crying: I am sure that the non believing neighbor would say that the nativity scene was obscene.

:emot-hug: That's the problem we have ,today, in our society, "'don't offend anyone"'........ How are we going to do that??????

It is time for persecution so get used to it...... it is the end times you know...... the world is goin' down this time for good. Be careful not to be a part of it.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

I think most of us are in agreement:

1) One should have the right to put up any symbols (not considered offensive) on their own private property

2) One should not have the right to put up any symbols on other people's property without their consent

3) Even if some symbols are considered offensive, one should have the right to put it up for private (not open) display (and charge admission if they feel like it).

4) Different symbols are considered offensive depending on one's perspective.

For WorkinProgress, here is the link to the anti-Santa bruhaha: http://www.worthyboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17523

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

No star shaped cookie uh? I bet a cookie in the shape of a 5 pointed star {pentagram} would be allowed though, or in any shape of a satanic symbol.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

If I baked cookies that said, "Bah! Hum Bug!" would they be banned too?

• Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

:emot-hug: I am sure that the non believing neighbor would say that the nativity scene was obscene.   

:wub: That's the problem we have ,today, in our society, "'don't offend anyone"'........      How are we going to do that??????

It is time for persecution so get used to it......  it is the end times you know......  the world is goin' down this time for good.  Be careful not to be a part of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Other one, don't misunderstand me. I definately have no tolerance for this "everything offends" thing. That was why I made the disclaimer that it wasn't simply someone saying it offended them, but did it come under general rules of "offensive", such as lewdness or something like that. ITA with you that the problem in society today is that people are so easily 'offended'. The neighbor can say it's obscene, but it would have to fall under the obscenity laws to be considered so.

3) Even if some symbols are considered offensive, one should have the right to put it up for private (not open) display (and charge admission if they feel like it).

Frog - hmmmmm........I'd have to think on that one. It would make a good topic for discussion.

English vicars have banded together to protest against a Christmas grotto in which Santa lies beheaded, his elves have been impaled and visitors are greeted by the devil.

The York Dungeon has done away with Father Christmas and installed the devil in his place.

Wow, that's really sick and evil. Was this a public display??

• Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Sorry, Frog, I just went back and read your original words about it and see it was private, and you had to pay.

Hmmm. Not sure how I feel about them being allowed to do that. My brain is too tired and my kids want to pop another movie in the DVD player, so I gotta go. Off the cuff, I'm thinking that, if it's private, they should be allowed. Yeah, the more I think of it, the more I think that. I wouldn't want to live in a society where the government dictates to me what I do on my private property.