IGNORED

how does one honour a parent who is abusive?

I am not saying that such a thing does not exist I am saying that the New Testament says we are not to do exorcism.The disciples did it because God had chosen them to perform that task for a reason.

Hmm . . . Jesus and the apostles seem to have spent an awful lot of time tossing demons out of folks during their ministries. I'm not seeing a connection to "exorcism" if you're talking in the Catholic church sense. I see nothing in the NT that says demonic activity stopped at the end of the apostolic era. Just sayin'.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I certainly agree that discerning of spirits and deliverance from same is valid and I support that.

I do NOT support trying it out on people who are not saved.  We don't know what happened to the servant girl after Paul cast out that demon.

I do know, however, that Jesus said that a demon that is cast out will go and find 7 MORE worse than itself and come back and enter again the clean' house...meaning if you don't

protect the house, if the house is not filled with another spirit...ie the Holy Spirit through salvation, then there is nothing to keep the first demon and the other 7 OUT (House representing person)

This is life and death stuff and I strongly object to playing around with these things BECAUSE I know how serious it is and NOT, as has been suggested in the past, because I think

they are not real or not a problem.

There are hundreds if not thousands of books written on the subject and many of them are just fodder for the fire.  They are based on such things as having big discussions with demons in

order to learn more...as if a demon will tell anyone the truth...or physcial assault...or ancient rites.

Again, don't mess with this stuff and don't be engaged by people who love to talk about such things.

Focus on Christ and HIS ministry...the rest will come if it should

This has really gone off course

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,181
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well, you might want to talk to an exorcist.....    and I don't mean that as a joke.

As you know oo exorcist is not Biblical for the New Testament.

I've never heard that before...

Show me New Testament scripture that supports exorcism for today.

The way exorcism is practiced by the catholic church I doubt I could.....    but Paul casting out the spirit from the fortune teller would actually be an exorcism....    There are many people today who are possessed and others who are not willing to be possessed but are harassed to the point of affecting their personalities.  And then there are those who are simply talked to and taken in thinking they are from God.

If you have not been around anything like that you are blessed.

I am not saying that such a thing does not exist I am saying that the New Testament says we are not to do exorcism.The disciples did it because God had chosen them to perform that task for a reason.

So you are saying that we should just abandon someone who is struggling with demonic oppression or possession?   

I really don't see BoPeep saying that at all other one.  what I see her saying is that she has been taught different than the experience that you personally have

Even within those who recognize that demonic activity has not ceased, there is a significant disparity in what is believed

I am sure you know that

That disparity exists within just about any topic one can come up with here at Worthy to discuss and this particular topic, regarding demons, can actually frighten some people

and I suggest caution at both ends.

Is there any point to baptizing someone into one's own beliefs?  You know, I don't think so.  When it comes to this subject, I truly believe, for the good of all, that the middle road

should be taken.  IMO, there is no need to discuss aliens, one's own experience, conspiracy theories or links to extreme people who hunt demons and believe that they are

somehow in the middle of a war

We have all been thrust into that war in one form or another.  Most people just want to live a life with the peace that Jesus promises and not everyone needs to or is called to

'know more than they want to'

it is not a sin to know less

I think it is better to know more about Jesus and all that He has done, then it is to know all that the devil can do.   My focus was at one time the other way around, so I do know a 

little bit of what I am talking about

That disparity exists within just about any topic one can come up with here at Worthy to discuss and this particular topic, regarding demons, can actually frighten some people

and I suggest caution at both ends.

That's why I said I wouldn't discuss it on the open forum.....

Oh. Well I thought that you did not want to discuss on the open forum because of the different conspiraciy theories concerning the demonic that you ascirbe to.

for myself, I see no problem discussing the demonic according to the BIBLE because I think it is something we all should understand especially as deception is so rampant

I don't see how anyone could object to discussing from the Bible because that source at least defines where we stand and how to defeat the enemy

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Wow this has taken off since I last popped in! Okay, firstly,

Sevenseas: thanks again for your response. Yes ive tried contacting a number of professional organizations (depression hotlines, suicide hotlines, AA, our state mental health department, a doctor, rehab centers etc) and they all said the same thing. They wont help her unless she wants to be helped. Sadly, in my state in Australia it is against the law to admit someone into rehab, or any other facility, against their will. The only time you can, is if they become a danger to society. Apparently a danger to themselves isnt good enough! Ive been through that ringer to no avail :-( I dont like to sound as though im turning down all of your suggestions, ive just tried all these things without any progress. But thank you for your words.

Next,

Other One:

I think that if someones view/stance/suggestion can be backed scripturally, there should be no problem sharing it "open forum" because scripture with proper exergesis is perfectly acceptable here. Scripture offends some ears but that doesnt matter. On the other hand, mere opinions/experiences/beliefs without sound doctrine/scripture involved is certainly unacceptable in my opinion and to be ignored. Therefore I was trying to give you the opportunity to scripturally validate your post. I hope I didnt come across rude, I just like biblical answers :-) I must add to this that you should know, I am a cessationist, so we may not agree on the topic at hand, but im always willing to hear the word in its proper context, I am not closed to truth if truth is whats on offer.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Forgot to answer your question sevenseas! My hubby sees the situation for what it is. He never speaks of her unless I do. He and I have discussed the situatuon in detail a number of times. Our conclusion was to back off and pray. Which im not doubting was right. But as a daughter I want to make sure im still honouring best I can. Hubby is very supportive and has alot of wisdom and I do listen to him and cherish and respect his opinion and wisdom.

Wow this has taken off since I last popped in! Okay, firstly,

Sevenseas: thanks again for your response. Yes ive tried contacting a number of professional organizations (depression hotlines, suicide hotlines, AA, our state mental health department, a doctor, rehab centers etc) and they all said the same thing. They wont help her unless she wants to be helped. Sadly, in my state in Australia it is against the law to admit someone into rehab, or any other facility, against their will. The only time you can, is if they become a danger to society. Apparently a danger to themselves isnt good enough! Ive been through that ringer to no avail :-( I dont like to sound as though im turning down all of your suggestions, ive just tried all these things without any progress. But thank you for your words.

Next,

Other One:

I think that if someones view/stance/suggestion can be backed scripturally, there should be no problem sharing it "open forum" because scripture with proper exergesis is perfectly acceptable here. Scripture offends some ears but that doesnt matter. On the other hand, mere opinions/experiences/beliefs without sound doctrine/scripture involved is certainly unacceptable in my opinion and to be ignored. Therefore I was trying to give you the opportunity to scripturally validate your post. I hope I didnt come across rude, I just like biblical answers :-) I must add to this that you should know, I am a cessationist, so we may not agree on the topic at hand, but im always willing to hear the word in its proper context, I am not closed to truth if truth is whats on offer.

I don't think you were rude at all.  

As for the discussion on the open board, too many times in any single situation questions need to be asked that can spark interests in people who are not filled with the Holy Spirit and they can very easily and quickly Google themselves into a mess.

Well that is even more of a challenge then.  By the time someone is considered a danger to society, they may have already done something to hurt another person...but if that is the policy....

no...I don't think at all that you are ignoring my suggestions...which of course you can anyway...first right of refusal LOL!  (gotta keep a sense of humor about it)

I am the only one left in the family who even tries in any way to be of help or to make things better...seems I like a good kicking haha....everyone else has washed their hands....but it isn't ALL bad

or by now I would have an apt for her

The first thing and the last thing, is to continue to pray.  I believe in taking action but somehow that has not worked on my end and sounds like you are kind of in the same place

Forgot to answer your question sevenseas! My hubby sees the situation for what it is. He never speaks of her unless I do. He and I have discussed the situatuon in detail a number of times. Our conclusion was to back off and pray. Which im not doubting was right. But as a daughter I want to make sure im still honouring best I can. Hubby is very supportive and has alot of wisdom and I do listen to him and cherish and respect his opinion and wisdom. 

That's really good then~ I understand why you feel the way you do.  I asked because, as I'm sure you know, stress is reduced if we feel someone has our back.  Some will say well you only need God

and of course that sounds all good, but the Bible says God puts us in families...I guess for better or worse at times and sometimes we overstep and put ourselves where we don't belong.  If I understand

you right, it is mostly an inner question or struggle that you are asking about.