LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I understand the point Lady Kay is making, but just changing the way someone starts a post won't fix anything.  What often happens is that a question will be asked, and then everyone begins arguing in the thread, and tries to convince everyone they are right.  In other words, the exact same thing happens, but just not in the OP.  This cannot be helped, because everyone thinks they are right. 

I may be the only one here that feels this way, but I kind of look forward to seeing the new why Christmas is evil and why Easter comes from a pagan origin as the holidays roll around.  I don't get mad about it, even though I celebrate both. 

You mean to say there are new reasons why Christmas is evil and Easter has pagan origins...or I guess you mean the new/old threads when people join to post evil holiday awareness threads  mmm_20.png

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I dunno, but I'm pretty sure Jesus did not say the world would know we are His because of our doctrine.

Of course there is only one truth and His Name is Jesus.

Does anyone think that God is not aware of the differences?  and yet He loves each one

I particularly am very very fond of this portion from God's word:

Yet this I call to mind

and therefore I have hope:

22Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,

for his compassions never fail.

23They are new every morning;

great is your faithfulness.

24I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;

therefore I will wait for him.”

25The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,

to the one who seeks him;

26it is good to wait quietly

for the salvation of the Lord.  Lamentations 3

Yes, some people are really off kilter in what they believe.  Has anyone else ever been wrong?  I mean seriously and life changing wrong?

Did God leave you there?  Or did He have mercy and get you out of that mess....if you have never been corrected, then perhaps you should wonder why

Guest Butero

I understand the point Lady Kay is making, but just changing the way someone starts a post won't fix anything.  What often happens is that a question will be asked, and then everyone begins arguing in the thread, and tries to convince everyone they are right.  In other words, the exact same thing happens, but just not in the OP.  This cannot be helped, because everyone thinks they are right. 

I may be the only one here that feels this way, but I kind of look forward to seeing the new why Christmas is evil and why Easter comes from a pagan origin as the holidays roll around.  I don't get mad about it, even though I celebrate both. 

You mean to say there are new reasons why Christmas is evil and Easter has pagan origins...or I guess you mean the new/old threads when people join to post evil holiday awareness threads  mmm_20.png

I haven't heard any new arguments.  Yes, I mean new people coming in with the same message.  Years ago, I had a man at church give me a VHS tape with something like 6 hours of teaching on the pagan origins of the holidays.  It is unlikely anyone has anything more to add to what I have already seen on the subject.  I did consider what was said, but it came down to whether or not I believe a calendar day is defiled because some choose to do evil on those days, and I don't believe that is the case.

Anyway, I personally have no problem with those threads, even though people leave looking at me as a sinner for celebrating Christmas or Easter.  I have learned things from all the arguments on the different topics.  It has helped me to stop looking down on everyone that disagrees with me, because I see why they believe what they believe.  I may not interpret things as they do, but I can see they aren't just saying something is wrong because they don't personally like it.  There is a Bible based reason for their beliefs.  The interpretation may be off in my opinion, but they sincerely believe what they are saying, and have a reason for it. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I found this blog entry which I think speaks to the OP

http://jonnitta.com/2014/04/28/why-are-christians-so-angry/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

God gave mankind choice the ability to choose.

God also gave mankind his word the Bible (which is the foundation of truth).

God gave mankind choice. And that includes the choice not to believe the Bible.

God gave mankind the ability to choose not to believe the truth.

If you choose to believe that everybody should believe whatever they believe sincerely and that is their salvation / making peace with God or with their own conscience...

God made it so you can choose to believe whatever you want.

But that does not make it true.

And when you run into the truth in the Bible it is not Bible believers or even the Bible itself "beating you over the head" but rather the error of your choices and beliefs

when facing the foundation of truth the Bible.

As some have already said, this is a forum that believes the Bible is truth.

You are welcome here. You are not a target for being beaten over the head with the Bible.

But the truth does its job confronting ALL of us wherever we err or choose incorrectly.

God bless.

Guest Butero

I found this blog entry which I think speaks to the OP

http://jonnitta.com/2014/04/28/why-are-christians-so-angry/

What of those who believe we are all doing evil?  What of those who do focus on things like gluttony in a thread, but they also recognize they have their own sins that are wrong and condemn them as well?  I have no doubt there are people that focus on everyone else, but that is not always the case.  That is an assumption.  If I start a thread on tattoos for instance, that doesn't mean I think I am perfect because I don't have one.  I may see wrong in my life and despise the sin.  I see threads all the time where someone brings up something they see as wrong, and all the responses are attempts to find something wrong in the life of the person who wrote the OP.  That serves no useful purpose, and doesn't really do anything to show the OP is wrong. 

I just try to look at the arguments being presented, and why the person believes what they do.  If I am guilty of whatever transgression they are accusing me of, I try not to get mad about it, but to understand their problem with it.  If I see they are right, then I will have to deal with it.  If I don't believe they are correct, then I can choose to continue what I am doing and agree to disagree with that person.  The anger that I see taking place is by those who become defensive because they are doing something another person thinks is wrong.  How dare that legalist suggest I am anything but perfect?  How dare he or she say I can't work on the Sabbath?  Don't they know we are no longer under the law?  That is how the arguments go, and that is where the anger comes in.  If we could just stop becoming defensive, and try to understand the other person, and  be willing to accept we don't agree without getting angry over it, there would be far less contention, and far less threads being shut down. 

How dare that legalist suggest I am anything but perfect?

:)

Because Of Christmas (The Feast of Tabernacles, Succot)

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Matthew 1:21

Because Of Easter (The Passover, Pesach)

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 1:5

You Are Perfect

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 2 Corinthians 5:19-20

Beloved

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Corinthians 5:21

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I am very concerned with many of the liberal views that I am seeing on Worthy.Views that sometimes do not line up with Scripture.I am disappointed and sad.  :(

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I am very concerned with many of the liberal views that I am seeing on Worthy.Views that sometimes do not line up with Scripture.I am disappointed and sad.  :(

I simply must ask. What views do you mean? Someone may consider someone's  views liberal, But they may not see their views as being liberal.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I simply must ask. What views do you mean? Someone may consider someone's  views liberal, But they may not see their views as being liberal.

I wish to leave that between God and myself.