joejkljkl

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Hey, everybody. Here's an update on my ministering to someone. Turns out he was lying about praying. He hadn't been doing it at all. So God led me back to what he had led me to do in the first place. He led me to believe that I must be like Jesus, be a hard worker, and tell him that God wants him in His army. So I need help with the first two. Any suggestions on how to do them?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

You can tell them about Jesus.Then it is up to God.Only God can change the heart.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings joe...

Is this the same person that you were saying you want to have better morals & was being abusive to you,& you wanted them to stop?

Joe,I suggest you pray for discernment by the Power of the Holy Spirit & spend some time with the Lord,praying and reading His Word.......

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Blessings joe...

Is this the same person that you were saying you want to have better morals & was being abusive to you,& you wanted them to stop?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Yes, he is.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings joe....

Thank you for your reply,I thought he was but I wanted to be sure before I went on a little further...

joe,there are soooo many people that need to here about Jesus & as the Word of God tells us that GREAT is His Harvest field but the laborers are few.Not every person you meet & speak of Jesus is going to be your assignment & I have told you this before,,,,sometimes the only part you will play in their lives is to simply plant that seed & move on,,,,,this is why it is of the utmost importance that we must Seek God,move by the Power of the Holy Spirit in discernment,direction ,Wisdom,& knowing what Gods Will is...............it would be wonderful to be able to be a part of everyone's Salvation & Spiritual growth but you cannot just move according to your own wants & desires doin what you think is best for someone,they may not ever come to Christ,they may not truly desire to......thee are the things of God ,He draws near who He draws near & His Grace is what Saves a person by their acceptance of his Grace by their Faith in Christ,by that same Power that has raised Jesus from the dead on the 3rd day.....we are simply the Lords vessels that He uses to carry the message

Ministering & mentoring someone is a Divine Assignment.......to cast pearls before swine is a waste of Gods Holy Treasure........it must be RECEIVED into a heart of flesh,not one which is waxed cold or hardened by the god of this world..........no human being has the power or might to convict a human heart......

Move on joe,if this person sincerely wanted to be ministered to (by you),he would be asking ,not abusing you & playing games.............go out into the world & spread the Good News.....if the Holy Spirit was using you for this particular mission then you would not have to be seeking our advice ....you would receive the Wisdom,Understanding & guidance of the true Councilor.You say you are praying about it but you must try the spirits............

Often times a person can push so much that they are only pushing people further away,,,,,,,I would spend more time in Gods Word & like I said before(& I  will say it again) WITH the Lord ,asking for discernment & for Him to direct your footsteps .............Godv Bless you

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Remember joe,the best preaching we can do is by living as a doer of the Word,leading by example and your life becomes a living testimony,your lifestyle speaks louder than most words                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Blessings joe...

Joe,I suggest you pray for discernment by the Power of the Holy Spirit & spend some time with the Lord,praying and reading His Word.......

With love-in Christ,Kwik

I totally agree, Kwik.  We can't change another person; only God can do that.  And we DO need His help in deciding which way to go when trying to witness to someone.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Excellent posts!

Once we've witnessed The Gospel to someone we should pray for God to open their heart and mind to 'hear'. Sometimes it may not be time for our planted seed to grow with those we witness to. God has literally shown me that at times. I would witness to a non-believer, and then ask them questions of what I tried to sow, and their answers showed they 'understood' at that time. But less than a week later it was as if our conversation had never taken place. What I had planted was gone out of their mind. Since then I have accepted that God has different times for peoples as to when they will come to His Truth and understand. I also have no doubt that everyone will... come to know His Truth, and that for some won't be until Christ's future "thousand years" reign in our near future. Per His Word I've also accepted the fact that some, even after being given to 'know' His Truth, will still not accept Him and will perish of their own choice.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

You can only go so far. There comes a time when you have to 'shake the dust off your feet'.