IGNORED

Is it selfish to hope the end of the world comes soon?

jerryR34

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

I see many people who want Jesus to come back as soon as possible.  Does that wish shorten the time some people have to  "get right with God"?  Is part of it that almost all people do not want to experience death?  Shouldn't we want to wait until ONE more person finds Christ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

We should be patient. There are many others to be saved yet.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I wouldn't really call it selfish; impatience with waiting is more like it.  But we can take comfort in the assurance that He will be back when the time is exactly right.  Until then, we just need to keep looking up:mgbowtie:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I see many people who want Jesus to come back as soon as possible.  Does that wish shorten the time some people have to  "get right with God"?  Is part of it that almost all people do not want to experience death?  Shouldn't we want to wait until ONE more person finds Christ?

Shouldn't we want to wait until ONE more person finds Christ?

You say that as if we had a choice to decide when  :cool2:

But to answer your main question, it is unfortunate that many people I have spoken to about Jesus coming have done it for other reasons, like desperation at their current status.

The rapture is not an exit policy... 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

He will come when the full number of gentiles have come to Him. All others will harden their hearts as they resist God's call to His grace of salvation.

I had a lady ask me if she could wait till just before death. She was living a life of sin. I asked someone and was told that yes, some are saved on their death beds. But I did not understand that each time we say no to God, not yet, we harden our hearts to the call of His Spirit. There may come a point of no return when a person no longer even cares. At that point God may also harden their hearts so that His judgement will be fully righteous. I believe that when others pray for that person, He will keep calling that person till their death.

I pray for His return when I hear of people around the world being tortured, imprisoned and starved at the hands of evil men for Christ's sake. It is not for my own sake that I want Him to return, but the whole body grieves over the suffering of a member.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think it's selfish because even John wanted Jesus to come back in Revelation 22:20, but I do think we should be redeeming the time by preaching the gospel to as many people as possible.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

I do not think it is selfish at all AlwaysSaved.It is our hope as Chrisitans.There is a crown for rejoicing in His return.I think that alot of people are afraid to look around them and admit the rapture could be very,very soon.

Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. Look around you and read the news.I think you know why I believe this.

) The Crown of Glory – (1 Peter 5:4) “And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade away.” Though Peter is addressing the elders, we must also remember that the crown will be awarded to all those who long for or love His appearing. This word “glory” is an interesting word referring to the very nature of God and His actions. It entails His great splendor and brightness. Recall Stephen who, while being stoned to death, was able to look into the heavens and see the glory of God (Acts 7:55-56). This word also means that the praise and honor we bestow to God alone is due Him because of who He is (Isaiah 42:8, 48:11; Galatians 1:5). It also recognizes that believers are incredibly blessed to enter into the kingdom, into the very likeness of Christ Himself. For as Paul so eloquently put it, “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us” (Romans 8:18 NKJV).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/heavenly-crowns.html#ixzz312ekDxUc

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

We should be patient. There are many others to be saved yet.

We really do not know how many are to be saved yet.It might be one for all we know.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Jerry...

It really doesn't matter what anybody wishes because the appointed time will be when it is to be,I could wish for a lot of things but it will never change reality....................I think when most Christians say they wish Jesus would come quickly it is out of joyful anticipation and great expectation.

Selfish?nah.....any true follower of Christ would only hope for the Salvation of all men & yet we know that is not possible,we trust that mankind is in good hands with God,whoever will be Saved ,will be Saved & we just do our best to spread the Gospel

With love-in Christ,Kwik

~

Blessings Jerry...

It really doesn't matter what anybody wishes because the appointed time will be when it is to be, I could wish for a lot of things but it will never change reality....................I think when most Christians say they wish Jesus would come quickly it is out of joyful anticipation and great expectation.

Selfish? nah.....any true follower of Christ would only hope for the Salvation of all men & yet we know that is not possible,we trust that mankind is in good hands with God, whoever will be Saved, will be Saved & we just do our best to spread the Gospel

With love-in Christ,Kwik

:thumbsup:

And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. Acts 2:46-47