IGNORED

Is it selfish to hope the end of the world comes soon?

jerryR34

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

How can it be selfish to actually want to BE with JESUS?   I agree with Fez, we should not be in an escape mode.   If there is any selfishness attached to it, I would guess that it would be not wanting it to happen during the commitment of some stupid sin. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

inGodsHands_zps4e0fe52a.gif

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

inGodsHands_zps4e0fe52a.gif

That is pretty kwik   :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

As I think about it, it seems selfish and not selfish...selfish in the sense that we want Jesus to come now which would preclude many from having a chance to be saved, and not selfish in that it would prevent those who would otherwise suffer eternity in hell from being born.

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God? Psalm 42:1-3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

I see many people who want Jesus to come back as soon as possible.  Does that wish shorten the time some people have to  "get right with God"?  Is part of it that almost all people do not want to experience death?  Shouldn't we want to wait until ONE more person finds Christ?

Matthew 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

We've been praying for it for thousands of years as instructed...

Does that wish shorten the time some people have to  "get right with God"?

Does that prayer desire the quickness of others "getting right with God"?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

It is not a selfish reason to want the rapture to happen now.Look at our world it is a garbage dump compared to heaven.I do believe that many who want God to come back "later" feel that they are not ready now.They fear for their own judgment.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I reckon if Christianity is practiced in 2000 years time some will still be expecting Jesus to return. I don't think anyone should hold their breath, as his return has been expected since he died and is highly unlikely ever to happen.

I think it very sad that people keep looking for his return, instead of living the life they have to the full and trying to enjoy it.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

As I think about it, it seems selfish and not selfish...selfish in the sense that we want Jesus to come now which would preclude many from having a chance to be saved, and not selfish in that it would prevent those who would otherwise suffer eternity in hell from being born.

We are all given a free will to chose to follow Christ or to reject Him.  There is a number that will be reached, a number only God knows, then the end will come.  Is it selfish to wan tot be with Him?  Perhaps it can be seen that way.  Yet, the harvest is ready, but the workers are few.

I reckon if Christianity is practiced in 2000 years time some will still be expecting Jesus to return. I don't think anyone should hold their breath, as his return has been expected since he died and is highly unlikely ever to happen.

I think it very sad that people keep looking for his return, instead of living the life they have to the full and trying to enjoy it.

~

His Command

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Is My Joy

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Psalms 42:1

Yet Some Prefer

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:15-17

Trade Trinkets

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. Matthew 16:24-27

Astonishing~!