• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings JMWhalen,

I do profess, however, to be in subjection to the Holy Bible, rightly divided, as the absolute and final authority in all matters of faith and practice.

If this were so, then you would not be departing from the "true Gospel once given to you." It is apparent you took offense at some of my comments. I was not directing them at you, unless of course, YOU are the author and originator of this "stuff" you are posting. May I suggest that you gain some insights from the many expositors of the Bible and a good place to start would be to download a copy of E-Sword (FREE) and study the things they have to say about the "Kingdom" and the "Gospel".

You may mean well, but you are certainly not doing well by what you have posted.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

The egotistical attitude of people such as yourself who "disagrees" with me....

Dad Ernie,

John is having a rough time. His modus operandi is to frame the debate with his terms, refuse to answer objections to his arguments, and then attack.

But never actually thinking through the objections to his beliefs does have an adaptive function. He is always right. Everyone else is always wrong. Many live their whole lives this way.

John,

I would encourage you to read throught the posts you diagree with. Then spend some thinking and praying. It may help you see the flaws and strengths in your beliefs.

- Steve

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

Paul at sometime in scripture said, my gospel, I think that means, Paul brought more detail to how to believe in Jesus Christ, and follow Him, thus all the many teachings, which expound upon the main Good News, Christ, suffering, dying, and rising the third day to save us from our sins, everything that is instructing us in following Christ in the New Covenant is a part of the Good news, for this shows us how to have fellowship with God, surely this is Good News.

Edited by AllforJesustheLord

• Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  997
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

To The Journey/Steve

Thank you "Dr. Phil" for your "opinion" of "John is having a rough time. His modus operandi is to frame the debate with his terms, refuse to answer objections to his arguments, and then attack But never actually thinking through the objections to his beliefs does have an adaptive function. He is always right. Everyone else is always wrong. Many live their whole lives this way."

Your opinion and the truth are independent. Thankfully, I am not required "to answer all phone calls". As someone once said, "Even the moon would refuse to shine if it paid attention to every little dog that barked at it". Your opinion, your approval is not important to the LORD, and thus is not important to me. My responsibility, my charge, my command(not suggestion) from the LORD is to rightly divide this Holy Bible. I will continue to be faithful, and not necessarily successful, to this command. If I am, I will be "approved unto God