• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings All,

It is my contention that the "gospel of Jesus Christ" contains 5 major areas. These are:

Christ's Birth - God's incarnation

Christ's Life - His ministry primarily

Christ's Death - The atonement of our sins

Christ's Resurrection - The life we may now lead

Christ's Coming Again - Our Blessed Hope

I believe this is what Philip taught the Eunuch in Acts. Starting from verses in the OT through all the above. To omit any part of the above is not to preach the WHOLE Gospel.

Your thoughts?

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/14/1958

Ernie;

I think you got somethin there

Sis

Kay

Greetings All,<p>It is my contention that the "gospel of Jesus Christ" contains 5 major areas. These are:<p>Christ's Birth - God's incarnation

Christ's Coming Again - Our Blessed Hope<p>I believe this is what Philip taught the Eunuch in Acts. Starting from verses in the OT through all the above. To omit any part of the above is not to preach the WHOLE Gospel.<p>Your thoughts?<p>Blessings,<p>Dad Ernie

that is the most thorough job I've ever seen of explaining it. Congratulations!

I think it can be defined even simpler, though.

The "good news" is that God sent His Son to redeem us from the penalty of sin and thereby grant us eternal life through faith in the finished work of the cross.

all those other things are important only after one has come to this truth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Greetings All,<p>It is my contention that the "gospel of Jesus Christ" contains 5 major areas. These are:<p>Christ's Birth - God's incarnation

Christ's Coming Again - Our Blessed Hope<p>I believe this is what Philip taught the Eunuch in Acts. Starting from verses in the OT through all the above. To omit any part of the above is not to preach the WHOLE Gospel.<p>Your thoughts?<p>Blessings,<p>Dad Ernie

Depends on what you mean by incarnation..

A lot of fights have happened over thedefination of that thought.

Sam

• Group:  Royal Member

Greetings Other One,

Depends on what you mean by incarnation..

A lot of fights have happened over thedefination of that thought.

All the more important that we KNOW what the scriptures have to say.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/20/1959

Dad Ernie,

I have seen you lead with this several times, so I will just add a couple of thoughts:

1) The true message of the gospel is that Jesus died once for all, that He is our path to the Father, and that He will come again in glory.

2) You will notice the use of "THAT" in the above statement. The gospel message is THAT He did what He did and THAT he will come again, not HOW or WHEN. It is made very clear in the bible that some of the how and when is simply beyond our comprehension so it cannot be part of the Good News of Jesus Christ.

Greetings Serotta,

1) The true message of the gospel is that Jesus died once for all, that He is our path to the Father, and that He will come again in glory.

2) You will notice the use of "THAT" in the above statement. The gospel message is THAT He did what He did and THAT he will come again, not HOW or WHEN. It is made very clear in the bible that some of the how and when is simply beyond our comprehension so it cannot be part of the Good News of Jesus Christ.

In the event you think my definition of the Gospel is of my own contrivance, let me offer scriptural support for each of my "assertions":

1) The Birth of Christ

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Genesis 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

2) The Life of Christ

Isaiah 42:1-6 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. 2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. 3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. 4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law. 5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: 6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

3) The Death of Christ

Isaiah 53:1-12 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? 2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. 6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. 8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. 9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. 10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. 12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Acts 8:30-33 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? 31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him. 32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth: 33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

Hebrews 9:14-16 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

The Resurrection of Christ

See Isaiah 53 above.

1 Cor 15:16-17 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

The 2nd Coming of Christ

Zechariah 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

1 Thessalonians 3:13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

2 Thessalonians 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

1 Corinthians 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

I pray that in particular you look at this last verse carefully. All things must be done according to the Word of God and as I have shown from the OT to the NT, each of these areas are of such grave importance, as to be part and parcel of the Gospel of Jesus Christ which is God's POWER unto Salvation.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

P.S. Which of these would you leave out of the Gospel message?

you have a good point there....I wish to amend my "simple" explanation with one word...

The "good news" is that God sent His Son to redeem us from the penalty of sin and thereby grant us eternal life through faith in the finished work of the cross and His glorious resurrection.

OK...so it was actually 4 words...whose counting?? :blink:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Greetings Serotta,

In the event you think my definition of the Gospel is of my own contrivance, let me offer scriptural support for each of my "assertions":

1) The Birth of Christ

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Genesis 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

2) The Life of Christ

Isaiah 42:1-6 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. 2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. 3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. 4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law. 5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: 6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

3) The Death of Christ

Isaiah 53:1-12 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? 2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. 6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. 8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. 9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. 10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. 12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Acts 8:30-33 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? 31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him. 32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth: 33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

Hebrews 9:14-16 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

The Resurrection of Christ

See Isaiah 53 above.

1 Cor 15:16-17 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

The 2nd Coming of Christ

Zechariah 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

1 Thessalonians 3:13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

2 Thessalonians 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

1 Corinthians 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

I pray that in particular you look at this last verse carefully. All things must be done according to the Word of God and as I have shown from the OT to the NT, each of these areas are of such grave importance, as to be part and parcel of the Gospel of Jesus Christ which is God's POWER unto Salvation.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

P.S. Which of these would you leave out of the Gospel message?

Thank you Dad Ernie for this reply.

Amen.

Peace,

William

Greetings Blindseeker,

Thank you Dad Ernie for this reply.

Amen.

I think you are the first to SEE this. I only hope that others will study these things out and become convinced of this 5-fold Gospel, each of which is important for a maturing Christian.

Thank you and God Bless,

Dad Ernie