The Speed of Light

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  405
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Schouwenaars - “Those who are not shocked when they first come across quantum theory cannot possibly have understood it.” 
― 
Niels Bohr

And this one : "Anyone who claims to understand quantum theory is either lying or crazy.” Richard Feynman

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/05/1997

Schouwenaars - “Those who are not shocked when they first come across quantum theory cannot possibly have understood it.” 

― Niels Bohr

And this one : "Anyone who claims to understand quantum theory is either lying or crazy.” Richard Feynman

or this one:"I think i can safely say that nobody understands quantum mechanics." Richard Feynman

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Hall7 - That's a human's point of view that makes sense to a human, I find this debatable depends on the way you look at it.

How is it in any way a "human" point of view?

Because it's what a human mind sees?

Hall7 - Because it's what a human mind sees?

So you are suggesting that God is possibly a computer programmer? How does the reality which we think there to be relate to our "being" more then merely simulations?  How does Jesus Christ, the Gospel, etc.  relate to a computer program?  Understand that the my post was based on a newspaper article that still seeks to eliminate any notion of God, which obviously fails. Lastly, can you explain how the points made are rendered of non effect?

Hall7 - Because it's what a human mind sees?

So you are suggesting that God is possibly a computer programmer? How does the reality which we think there to be relate to our "being" more then merely simulations?  How does Jesus Christ, the Gospel, etc.  relate to a computer program?  Understand that the my post was based on a newspaper article that still seeks to eliminate any notion of God, which obviously fails. Lastly, can you explain how the points made are rendered of non effect?

I'm not suggesting that God is a computer programmer but rather am using that visual as a metaphor to be able to see the whole. The Hologram concept sounds more appealing to me, a Hologram with life and free will in which the creator only interferes when needed to.

Let's not forget that our true being is the spirit, within us which is invisible. The transformation of our spirits through Christ is what makes the world look and react different around us. Take a look at the world with the spirit of the world and then take a look at it with the Spirit of God within. See the difference? The Holographic grid changes around us according to the state of our spirit. I used the word Holographic as a metaphor as well.

Hall7 - I'm not suggesting that God is a computer programmer but rather am using that visual as a metaphor to be able to see the whole.

I understand though I don't quite see it, but then my post was relative to a conversation with a friend regarding the NYT piece, so my thoughts were directed towards that.  Obviously, our argument was to point out the implications (programmer/God) and many of the absurdities involved if we actually lived in a "computer" program.

Hall7 - I'm not suggesting that God is a computer programmer but rather am using that visual as a metaphor to be able to see the whole.

I understand though I don't quite see it, but then my post was relative to a conversation with a friend regarding the NYT piece, so my thoughts were directed towards that.  Obviously, our argument was to point out the implications (programmer/God) and many of the absurdities involved if we actually lived in a "computer" program.

Ah yes, it would be absurd indeed to believe that we live inside a computer program.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

Hi,

It seems that there is some confusion regarding time dilation.  Yes, time is not constant but variable according to your clock.  But small differences in speed as you approach the speed of light are insignificant.  Hence astronauts orbiting the Earth at over 17000 mph are on a different clock then us.  But spending several days or weeks orbiting the earth will only amount to a difference of milliseconds, or over extended periods a second or so.  For the most part the time difference relationship between two bodies traveling a different speeds over the entire spectrum is negligible.  It is only when the difference is over 99.9% of light speed that the time difference goes exponential.

In Christ, Pat

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

There is no raw (uninterpreted) scientific observation undermining the possibility of the existence of God.

Not looking to undermine God, but to prove Him.  If you can have a mathematical equation that points to a ~6,000-10,000 year-old earth, that would go a long way...otherwise, you are attacking the scientific method.  If you can't come up with that, no problem really because God is all about faith.  We just look foolish when when we use natural science to explain a supernatural God.