• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

I have been on both sides of the coin, When I was not saved I hung out with all kinds of groups and all kinds of ppl but if you talked about Christianity  the most common responces were Christianity is bogus Christians are hypocrites or Christian are judgemental or to strict. There were some good responces but I have lived in Texas and oklahoma and heard this. I even heard it from a general chat in a very popular computer game.

then you go to the other side of the coin, I have met hundreds maybe even thousands of Christians as I go to like 7 different forums or sites and they even talk how love has grown cold in most hearts and in my two years of watching youtube there are many ppl who have something in common- They all either speak of or recieve a supposive word from the Lord how many claim to know him but their hearts are far from him or how few true children of God there is now and such.

I find it difficult to accept. Could it be true that most Christians  are not really Christians? Is there really so few hearts that are full of love and truly seek the Lords heart exhaustively? It cant be true right?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

People's opinions and views on Christians....where they themselves, I myself, am. are skewed. I honestly think it suits us best to stick to what the Bible tells us. That being said, I think one needs to look at what is "few".....and  "many".  If one were to take the whole number of population currently, past, and future....total all that up....that number would surely be in the trillions. Now, what is 100 million to a trillion....pretty small really, not saying that's how many people are really Christians. I am just showing that I think we can get a bit caught up on "few and many".  I don't put any sort of parameters on who is and who is not Christian....I think Matthew 7 has it said best.....the bar was set so to speak.

Mat 7:13  Go in through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many there are who go in through it.
Mat 7:14  Because narrow is the gate and constricted is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Mat 7:15  Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16  You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles?
Mat 7:17  Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18  A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruits, nor can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19  Every tree that does not bring forth good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Mat 7:20  Therefore by their fruits you shall know them.

God Bless,

Hip

Maybe I am a skeptic, but I estimate (and that is all it is), that between 5 and 10% of people populating the pews of churches I have attended, are what I would feel fairly comfortable saying are true, born again, believers, and the number would be lower for those who see fit to avoid church attendance.

Of course, it doesn't matter what I think, or you think, or our friends think ultimately, God only knows, those who are His. All we can do is size people up from their behavior, and try to gauge how they measure up to the bible's expectations of what a Christian behaves like. When we see people who are loving and generous, exercise self control, try and exceed at keeping their lives free from sins etc, we hav reason to suspect, that they might be saved (Christians). These things do not cause salvation, but they can be evidence that salvtion has been granted to them. The absence of such qualities, is reason for us to doubt their salvation, but more importantly, the absence of such qualities in ourselves is reason to wonder what out own relationship with God is. Is it authentic, or are too many of us over-confident and self deceived?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

Maybe I am a skeptic, but I estimate (and that is all it is), that between 5 and 10% of people populating the pews of churches I have attended, are what I would feel fairly comfortable saying are true, born again, believers, and the number would be lower for those who see fit to avoid church attendance.

Of course, it doesn't matter what I think, or you think, or our friends think ultimately, God only knows, those who are His. All we can do is size people up from their behavior, and try to gauge how they measure up to the bible's expectations of what a Christian behaves like. When we see people who are loving and generous, exercise self control, try and exceed at keeping their lives free from sins etc, we hav reason to suspect, that they might be saved (Christians). These things do not cause salvation, but they can be evidence that salvtion has been granted to them. The absence of such qualities, is reason for us to doubt their salvation, but more importantly, the absence of such qualities in ourselves is reason to wonder what out own relationship with God is. Is it authentic, or are too many of us over-confident and self deceived?

I think Jesus said something about love growing cold in the last days so maybe thats why? As for me I cant say I am that great of a christian I do have a deep love for God and others but I have to grow and mature a lot more

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Rev 7:9-10

9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude, which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands; 10 and they cry out with a loud voice, saying,
NASB

Don't confuse Christians with Sanctified Christians......    a lot of people are still working on it......   I think you will see a little persecution will help things a lot......    for some weird reason it always has.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

I think Jesus said something about love growing cold in the last days so maybe thats why? As for me I cant say I am that great of a christian I do have a deep love for God and others but I have to grow and mature a lot more

Well brother....I cannot think of a more honest statement like that can be made, by all ;)   I hope I never get to a point in my life to where I think I am done being molded as clay by the potter's hands.

Isaiah 64:8  But now, O Jehovah, You are our Father; we are the clay, and You are our Former; and we all are the work of Your hand.

God Bless,

Hip

Don't confuse Christians with Sanctified Christians......    a lot of people are still working on it......   I think you will see a little persecution will help things a lot......    for some weird reason it always has.

I agree with the spirit of this post, but not so much with the details in a technical sense. The Bible, as far as I know, does not say we will be sanctifed, it says we have been - I might be wrong there - I am open to correction. However, it is not so much something people are still working on, well, they try, lol. However, sanctification, primarily is God's work, not ours. He sanctifies (sets us apart for His purposes) us, we do not sanctify ourselves.

It is true however, that we do learn to be obedient, and we grow in His  grace during our lives. We are His workmanship, created for good works (Eph 2:10).

Born again believers, those with the Spirit of God, will experience the fruit of said Spirit. Unlike gifts, given to each as God sees fit, the fruit is part of every believer's makeup. Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfullness, gentlness and self control. These aspects of the fruit, should be present and like natural fruit, mature over time.

We also have this from 2nd Peter 1:

5Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, 6and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness, 7and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love. 8For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins. 10Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble; 11for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.

I agree with the spirit of this post, but not so much with the details in a technical sense. The Bible, as far as I know, does not say we will be sanctifed, it says we have been - I might be wrong there - I am open to correction. However, it is not so much something people are still working on, well, they try, lol. However, sanctification, primarily is God's work, not ours. He sanctifies (sets us apart for His purposes) us, we do not sanctify ourselves.

It is true however, that we do learn to be obedient, and we grow in His  grace during our lives. We are His workmanship, created for good works (Eph 2:10).

Born again believers, those with the Spirit of God, will experience the fruit of said Spirit. Unlike gifts, given to each as God sees fit, the fruit is part of every believer's makeup. Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfullness, gentlness and self control. These aspects of the fruit, should be present and like natural fruit, mature over time.

We also have this from 2nd Peter 1:

5Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, 6and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness, 7and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love. 8For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins. 10Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble; 11for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.

semantics.    our church calls learning to be obedient sanctification.  At least that's my understanding.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Content Count:  18,150
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings fire-heart

God Bless you,great to see you...................

“For the called are many and the chosen are few.” ... For many are called ones, but few chosen ones. ... "For there are many called, but few chosen."

Mathew 22:14

In any version I have always found this verse to be very powerful.......& also Proverbs 16:25

There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Anyone can "say" they are a Christian,they know ABOUT Jesus but do not KNOW Him at all................can we really know them?WE are told that we will know them by their fruits but only God can really know a man's heart(we can know them if we walk in spirit & in truth,therefore we have the Heart & Mind of Christ)........Sad to say,I think it is true and that is why it is so important we reason & learn together,encourage one another,look out for one another,support one another,pray & praise together......being established in our Faith that it is ever increasing,pray without ceasing ,seeking God with all our hearts.

We are to go out into the world & spread the Gospel to everyone but without being indwelled with the Holy Spirit ourselves we are of little or no effect,Jesus is truly the Way,the Truth & the Life..............Our relationship with the Lord is vital as is the Body of Christ ,we should always be striving towards perfection & regard our Precious gift of Gods Grace as the Treasure that it is

With love-in Christ.Kwik

I put in my little 2 cents but my answer to your question is "yes",I do believe that is true