IGNORED

Do I stay involved with Christian forums?

Chris.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I want to echo what some others have said. Born again Christians are saved, but not perfect. We all have our faults, and sometimes can sound harsh. Sometimes Christians get angry, and sometimes Christians are not the sweet, loving, peaceful people we would like them to be. Sometimes I frustrate fellow Christians, and sometimes they frustrate me.  

As others have expressed, I would love to see people who practice a homosexual lifestyle, come to know Jesus, but the homosexual lifestyle is a sin, as is adultery, and murder, and lieing.

I view myself as very fortunate in that before accepting Jesus as Lord, Messiah and savior, I knew that Christians were not always the nicest people in the world. I had a generally low view of Christians.  When I accepted Jesus, it was because of Who He was, and What He did, that He was the Truth. I was not terribly attracted to Christians, but I was attracted to Jesus. So, no matter how badly Christians acted, I was not a Christian because of other Christians, I am a Christian because the NT is true and Jesus is Lord, who saved me, and made me a new creation.

It took me a while, but I learned all of those Christians who I did not care for, are actually a part of learning. God uses other Christians in my life, to train me, to put me thru trials even. Jesus said to love my enemies. Other Christians have been used to teach me some patience, to learn that being offended is a choice, to learn forgiveness. It is often said that on the internet, people will say things which they would not say face to face. Things can be rougher. But, dealing with that roughness, I have learned to not react, or react less, not to take insults personally, or even, I do not need to get angry. I am not perfect, but as a testing ground for trials, there is a lot to be learned on the internet, not just knowledge, but I think in actual growth of the fruits, as I pray during the thick of things.  

There are times, I do take a break. It can be easy to fall into bad habits on the internet,to exchange insults because some others feel free to throw around insults. It is not a good way to get in the habit of acting, so sometimes I realize I am falling into it, and take a break to spend time praying. But, overall, I have found the internet to match the scripture verse,    

Proverbs 27:17    Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.    

....I often wonder if there is something wrong with me because I don't hate gays...

:emot-heartbeat:

Wow~!

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

What Would

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Jesus Do

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. John 8:36

:)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Chris.

It is hard for me to see this hatred you are talking about but if that is your view then I am truly sorry that is what you have found........I know most of my Brothers & Sisters here & I know them to be loving ,kind & compassionate....true beacons of Light .They are honest & will call a spade a spade and some may take offense.In any event,no one should ever be judgemental because we have all been delivered from some kind of sin or another.......none start out Christians -lol

Personally ,I have many homosexual aquaintances,the funny thing is...there is not one of them that I know that are not sitting in their own sin condemnation,they really have enough guilt of their own & do not need anyone to tell them what they are doing is wrong.I don't hate anyone,I am there to answer their questions,there if they need a hug,there to plant the seeds,perhaps even water them a little.............the rest is between them & Jesus.

You have gotten very good advice here ,Chris,,,,,,,pray about it ,Christian Ministries & Forums are not for everyone,,,,,,it can be very difficult to be understood & to understand others when reading & writing......maybe it is not your cup of tea?But really,give it to God....sometimes God places us in the most unlikely places to refine us and get us to the next level.....Seek Him,trust Him & ask Him to direct your path

God Bless you in whatever you decide to do                                                                With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I have many homosexual aquaintances,the funny thing is...there is not one of them that I know that are not sitting in their own sin condemnation,they really have enough guilt of their own & do not need anyone to tell them what they are doing is wrong.I don't hate anyone,I am there to answer their questions,there if they need a hug,there to plant the seeds,perhaps even water them a little.............the rest is between them & Jesus's

bingo! Give the girl a prize!

Remember when we were full of guilt and struggling and miserable as our own consciences convicted us and how when someone showed us love and tolerance for how we were we attracted to the light in theirs and wanted to change and be like them that's all it took for me to want to accept Christ.

I have not seen hatred from you from you guys and don't think I wrote this about people here but it's from other places where Christians showed questionable almost vindictive attitudes towards unbelievers online and it was really really bad and that's what I was referring to.

Ps do you mind if I send the guys your way for the hugging though?

Edited by Chris.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Chris

:bighug2: No problem beloved..........Thanks for the prize but how about we just give God the Glory!Honestly Chris,anyone I meet seems like snow white compared to the wretched sinner I once was & if Jesus embraced me while I was in that state then He will embrace anyone..........& although it seems like it was a lifetime ago I never forget what the Lord brought me out of(the pit of hell).................

Stick around Chris,you will do fine here & surely you will be Blessed as well as be a Blessing to others!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Having considered this in light of important things I need to do in life like work, family and church the desire to log in and the time spent doing it and what it achieves doesn't warrant the time spent doing it.   Over the last few days the feeling I get is leave so I am going to do that and bid christian forums farewell. Besides if we talk about everything now we might run out of things to discuss in heaven when we get there. Bye guys you are nice people and it's not that I don't like anybody but I have to go.