• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

I will start. Let's look at verse 3 and verse 14

Verse 3 says "one of the beasts HEAD appears to have been killed, but the lethal wound was healed. ".

Vocabulary first. Beast one = antichrist; Beast two = false prophet

Spock thinks: this cannot mean the antichrist was shot in the head and killed. Why do I say this? Because unless the antichrist has more than one head, which is unlikely, it is not referencing a physical body with a head. (Spock, I love when you are so logical like this. Any more?)

Verse 14: " make an image to the beast who had been wounded by the SWORD...."

Spock thinks: hmmmm, this is very interesting. Let's compare this verse with verse 3 above. VERSE 3 says one of the heads was wounded. Here in verse 14, the beast was wounded by the sword. Are they talking about the same thing? I don't think so. You usually don't get a head wound by a sword. Usually you get shot in the head with a bullet, not a sword.

So, what do I make of verse 14? I can't be dogmatic here but it appears someone did try to assassinate the antichrist and failed, much like the attempt on Hitler. In this case, someone tried with a sword, or long knife I presume.

Conclusion: based on just this chapter alone, I don't think anyone can say the antichrist rose from the dead, like our Savior Lord Jesus. It does appear he was wounded but not killed.

just a thought.... have you considered that the "sword" that causes the head wound may be the Word of God?

Hi Deb,

Long time no see!

It's interesting that you should mention this. I've been saying this same thing for about ten years now. I remember studying this for several months, and that's when I discovered something else so unexpectedly and then started another deep and long study before writing my book. I'm curious, though, can you recall who it was that you heard mention this on the radio? I thought I was the only one to come up with that, or at least I've never heard anyone else mention it.

I said it again recently in Marilyn C's thread. If you're interested, it's post #76 in this thread:

Glad you're back and I hope you stick around!

Cheers

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi rollinTHUNDER,

Some very good points regarding using God`s words to name etc. Though of course we do use the words` trinity` to explain our thoughts & other phrases too. Still I certainly agree with you & what you said, - man of sin, son of perdition.

I was going to ask you about your book & then noticed your directions at the bottom of your post.

Blessings Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Verse 3 says "one of the beasts HEAD appears to have been killed, but the lethal wound was healed. ".

Spock thinks: this cannot mean the antichrist was shot in the head and killed. Why do I say this? Because unless the antichrist has more than one head, which is unlikely, it is not referencing a physical body with a head. (Spock, I love when you are so logical like this. Any more?)

Spock thinks: hmmmm, this is very interesting. Let's compare this verse with verse 3 above. VERSE 3 says one of the heads was wounded. Here in verse 14, the beast was wounded by the sword. Are they talking about the same thing? I don't think so. You usually don't get a head wound by a sword. Usually you get shot in the head with a bullet, not a sword.

So, what do I make of verse 14? I can't be dogmatic here but it appears someone did try to assassinate the antichrist and failed, much like the attempt on Hitler. In this case, someone tried with a sword, or long knife I presume.

Conclusion: based on just this chapter alone, I don't think anyone can say the antichrist rose from the dead, like our Savior Lord Jesus. It does appear he was wounded but not killed.

just a thought.... have you considered that the "sword" that causes the head wound may be the Word of God?

Hi Deb,

Long time no see!

It's interesting that you should mention this. I've been saying this same thing for about ten years now. I remember studying this for several months, and that's when I discovered something else so unexpectedly and then started another deep and long study before writing my book. I'm curious, though, can you recall who it was that you heard mention this on the radio? I thought I was the only one to come up with that, or at least I've never heard anyone else mention it.

I said it again recently in Marilyn C's thread. If you're interested, it's post #76 in this thread:

Cheers

Hi rT,, Heard it on Revelation News Radio ( blogtalk radio), program titled "Unraveling the Mystery of Reality"..... think it was on part 2. Was a guy named Josh, who is Freefall82nd on Youtube. I haven't checked him out on yt yet, been busy-- working 6 days a week now. I download radio programs and listen to them at work.

I never really left, just dont talk as much here as I used to.I pop in and check things out every couple weeks. I never did get that copy of your book!!

Hi Deb,

Long time no see!

Cheers

Hi rT,, Heard it on Revelation News Radio ( blogtalk radio), program titled "Unraveling the Mystery of Reality"..... think it was on part 2. Was a guy named Josh, who is Freefall82nd on Youtube. I haven't checked him out on yt yet, been busy-- working 6 days a week now. I download radio programs and listen to them at work.

I never really left, just dont talk as much here as I used to.I pop in and check things out every couple weeks. I never did get that copy of your book!!

Hi Deb,

I'll send a PM.

I'll break it down the way I understand this mystery. 

Revelation 17:

And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

This sure resembles the Roman Catholic Church.  Cardinals wear scarlet colored robes and Bishops wear purple and they drink from a golden cup with many jewels. Take a look for yourself: https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEVjXZLZFTJRkAhMgPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTBsa3ZzMnBvBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--?_adv_prop=image&fr=yhs-att-att_001&va=woman+arrayed+in+scarlet+%26+purple&hspart=att&hsimp=yhs-att_001

Just something else that points to Rome as well. Rev. 13:11 has the beast coming up out of the earth. It has two horns and speaks like a dragon:

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEVu5Oyp9TNHYAtIcPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTBsa3ZzMnBvBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--?_adv_prop=image&fr=yhs-att-att_001&va=two+horned+mitre&hspart=att&hsimp=yhs-att_001

Cheers

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Rev 17:3 - Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a desert.  There I saw the woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns.

It seems that John saw this women in a desert.  There he saw her.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Hi Kwikphilly,

You so rightly highlighted `we know in part, we prophesy in part....` but how wonderful to know that God`s prophecy`s (the Bible) are truth - His word, prophetic, is all truth. And we can have great confidence in Him & His word. The enemy however would always try to undermine our trust & understanding of God`s word, saying -

`it is all too hard, or we are not meant to know, or there are so many interpretations........` as Peter says -

`those who are untaught & unstable distort, as they do the rest of scripture to their own destruction. You therefore beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard lest, being carried away by the error of unprincipled men, you fall from your own steadfastness, but GROW in the grace & knowledge of our Lord & Saviour, Jesus Christ.` (2 Peter 3: 16 - 18)

So to grow in knowing Christ we are told we need to -

`Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, handling accurately the word of truth......But refuse foolish & ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels....with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth.` (2 Tim. 2: 15,  23 - 25)

God desires us to come to the full knowledge of the truth of all God`s word, (Eph. 4: 13...) yet we have so many interpretations. Why? You again so rightly said - `Ah, so many ways to approach Revelation & how we approach it gives us different views...` Why? because they are all our opinions. Many a time I`ve had to (& still do) repent of MY OPINION placed over God`s word. Who do I think I am to be so proud, arrogant, stupid that I can tell God what He means in His word. I have to humble myself & ask His Holy Spirit to show me in His word what He means. His word explains His symbols.

Whenever we see symbols explained without other scriptures (God`s explanation) then we will only get confused. Why does God talk about being `tossed to & fro by every wind of doctrine,` (Eph. 4: 14) because we all like to have our opinion & to speculate. No wonder people are confused & blame God`s word or God saying, `We are not meant to know, God doesn`t want us to know.....` But God does desire us to know what He means, & as Spock said at the start it may mean going deeper. So let`s be encouraged & look to the Lord  for His meaning in His word & not `Mr. so-called expert or my opinion etc....` As Peter again guides us -

`And so we have the prophetic word (Bible) made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns & the morning star arises in your hearts.` (2 Peter 1: 19)

So.....is it man`s opinion, speculation......or are we paying heed to what God explains, His meaning in His word.

God bless you richly for that. It's right on... the nail!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Thankyou Salty.

Glad you love God`s meaning for His word.

Blessings, Marilyn.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Hey fellow seekers,

I would love your feedback regarding this question.  Will the final beast kingdom, I suppose ruled by antichrist, be GLOBAL, meaning world wide?

Rev 13:7 seems to indicate it will, but I don't see it based on the whole of scripture. Here is Rev 13:7:

7 The beast was permitted to go to war against the saints and conquer them. He was given ruling authority over every tribe, people, language, and nation,
8 and all those who live on the earth will worship the beast, everyone whose name has not been written since the foundation of the world in the book of life belonging to the Lamb who was killed.

One obvious reason I don't see it is because it seems the final beast kingdom is always fighting some battle with some country/countries. Thus, how could this rule be global if so many nations are opposed? The book of Daniel describes battles being fought by the AC against the king of the North, and I believe the King of the West too. Again, does this sound like global rule?

It sounds more like global rule over ONE continent maybe - Europe.  Thus, this seems to support a Revived Roman Empire which is mostly Europe.  (However, I don't want to go there for now. I'd rather stick to the one question - is the final beast empire global?)

In addition, even from the book of Rev, in chapter 9, you have the 6th trumpet in which the angel releases the 4 angels at the Euphrates River, allowing 200,000,000 soldiers to come on down.  It seems they are coming from ASIA and are not coming to sing kumbaya with the antichrist. A third of mankind is killed in this which I presume is another war involving the AC and countries who don't support his agenda.  Here is that portion of scripture for your benefit.

The sixth angel sounded his trumpet, and I heard a voice coming from the four horns of the golden altar that is before God. 14It said to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.” 15And the four angels who had been kept ready for this very hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind. 16The number of the mounted troops was twice ten thousand times ten thousand. I heard their number.

Conclusion: This definitely does not look global even though Rev 13 says "all" the people will bow down......  I know for a fact, all doesn't always mean all in the Bible. At least where all=every single person on the planet.

Ok, I'd love your thoughts on this. Thanks.

Spock waiting eagerly for some feedback

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Spock

Satan, the final world leader is the one who is fighting against the king of the North and South, they rebel against him, He is the one who the ten kingdoms give their allegiance to near the end (Rev 17:12), and alarmed by the king from the East.  A/C's rule is the first half of the 70th Week, for he signs a treaty with many, and he sets up the A/D at the mid point of the week.  Shortly before Armageddon, we see the dragon, beast (A/C) and false prophet together calling the kings of the earth for battle (Rev 16: 13-16)

In Christ

Montana Marv