• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Cross...

I like the little sliding thingy you make in some of your posts ,maybe you can PM me to tell me how you do that?lol

Thanks for clarifying your reasoning for me to better understand as I have requested,,,,,,,yes,you have shed light on it,,,,,,I am not sure I agree fully but I do understand,,,,,,I think I may lean more towards vanity being a result or an addition to the many attributes of the sinful nature that was born of the fall.........God Bless you!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

Blessings Cross...

I like the little sliding thingy you make in some of your posts ,maybe you can PM me to tell me how you do that?lol

Thanks for clarifying your reasoning for me to better understand as I have requested,,,,,,,yes,you have shed light on it,,,,,,I am not sure I agree fully but I do understand,,,,,,I think I may lean more towards vanity being a result or an addition to the many attributes of the sinful nature that was born of the fall.........God Bless you!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Consider, the issue of vanity, the venue for sin,  began with Adam and would have been extinguished had he obeyed. The fact he didn't has sealed it to us to it to deal with but now from a fallen nature must we overcome. I believe it is the power of Sin that Jesus conquered. The first of this was with Cain. Jesus told him:"If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt/must rule over [your vanity, desire for self-gratification] him. Genesis 4:7 (KJV)

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Jesus learned obedience!.

Jesus learned?

But was sent by the Father. Whom the Father revealed all things to as Lord?

Heb. 5:7-9 Who in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who is able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His Godly fear, though He was a Son, He learned obedience (faith which obeys God's will) by the things that He suffered. And having been perfected (completed) He became the author of eternal salvation to those who obey Him,---NKJV + the complete Wordstudy Dictionary NT

1 Peter 1:6-9 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of you faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it be tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith---the salvation of your souls.

There is no doubt that our faith is tested and tried. This is especially true of Jesus at the beginning of His ministry and at the end of it. And it is those whose faith endures to the end that shall be saved. Our faith is an ongrowing process from when we are first born again till our new bodies are given us. But from the time the Holy Spirit cries Daddy in our hearts we know that God has sealed us for eternity. This seems to be more experiential than doctrinal. It comes as we learn to walk in obedience to His Holy Spirit of love, and we learn to allow Christ in us to express His love and forgiveness.

Now, I really didn't understand much of what Cross Reference was saying. But I did agree with most of what others said. I hope that Cross Reference is not fishing for specific answers and ATTEMPTING TO TEACHING IN THE STYLE OF SOCRATES. It is not allowed that people teach here, but rather we discuss and exchange ideas. Only Staff can teach. I have completely lost track of the question(s) and am totally confused. Endless questions that seem to take us nowhere is , well, tedious. Some of us don't have the patience for this sort of thing.

Jesus did nothing and said nothing but what the Father gave for Him to do or say. He obeyed perfectly while in the flesh as perfect Man. At times He learned to obey at great cost, especially at the cross. He did not yield to the temptations of satan in the areas of the world, the flesh, and worshipping/obeying the devil. Jesus remained lowly and submissive to His Father to accomplish His will and purpose. Yes, He is our example in overcoming. But more than that, He did it perfectly because mankind is unable to do anything perfectly. Even with Christ in us and the Holy Spirit guiding us, we remain imperfect. And any imperfection is sin.

The just shall live by their faith. Christ justified us at the Cross by our faith, and we continue to live the Christian life by that same jusifying faith, just as the old testament saints believed God and it was accounted to him as righteousness. Gen. 15:6, Romans 4, 16, 21-22, 5:9 We overcome by our faith in the character of our God of the Bible who stands behind His Word. We overcome by the Blood of the Cross and our testamonies.

Jesus learned obedience!.

Jesus learned?

But was sent by the Father. Whom the Father revealed all things to as Lord?

Heb. 5:7-9 Who in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who is able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His Godly fear, though He was a Son, He learned obedience (faith which obeys God's will) by the things that He suffered. And having been perfected (completed) He became the author of eternal salvation to those who obey Him,---NKJV + the complete Wordstudy Dictionary NT

1 Peter 1:6-9 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of you faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it be tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith---the salvation of your souls.

There is no doubt that our faith is tested and tried. This is especially true of Jesus at the beginning of His ministry and at the end of it. And it is those whose faith endures to the end that shall be saved. Our faith is an ongrowing process from when we are first born again till our new bodies are given us. But from the time the Holy Spirit cries Daddy in our hearts we know that God has sealed us for eternity. This seems to be more experiential than doctrinal. It comes as we learn to walk in obedience to His Holy Spirit of love, and we learn to allow Christ in us to express His love and forgiveness.

Now, I really didn't understand much of what Cross Reference was saying. But I did agree with most of what others said. I hope that Cross Reference is not fishing for specific answers and ATTEMPTING TO TEACHING IN THE STYLE OF SOCRATES. It is not allowed that people teach here, but rather we discuss and exchange ideas. Only Staff can teach. I have completely lost track of the question(s) and am totally confused. Endless questions that seem to take us nowhere is , well, tedious. Some of us don't have the patience for this sort of thing.

Jesus did nothing and said nothing but what the Father gave for Him to do or say. He obeyed perfectly while in the flesh as perfect Man. At times He learned to obey at great cost, especially at the cross. He did not yield to the temptations of satan in the areas of the world, the flesh, and worshipping/obeying the devil. Jesus remained lowly and submissive to His Father to accomplish His will and purpose. Yes, He is our example in overcoming. But more than that, He did it perfectly because mankind is unable to do anything perfectly. Even with Christ in us and the Holy Spirit guiding us, we remain imperfect. And any imperfection is sin.

The just shall live by their faith. Christ justified us at the Cross by our faith, and we continue to live the Christian life by that same jusifying faith, just as the old testament saints believed God and it was accounted to him as righteousness. Gen. 15:6, Romans 4, 16, 21-22, 5:9 We overcome by our faith in the character of our God of the Bible who stands behind His Word. We overcome by the Blood of the Cross and our testamonies.

Jesus received thirty years of preparation before being sent into the world as God's consummate Son.. Lets not forget that little thing. . . ;)

Edited by Cross Reference

Hi Cletus! Thank you!

The promise to Adam was dominion over the earth. God gave him everything except divinity. The proviso that, had it been obeyed, would have secured to him the indwelling of the Word of God; incarnation of the Godhead. Adam would have become God in glorified flesh and bone AND blood, able to procreate a vast family of sons for God __ Satan of course, being defeated. [that is the short version, there is more]

This statement sounds vaguely mormon. Adam could never have become God. Only Father God by the Holy Spirit has ever procreated. Even if Adam had never sinned, he still would have been a man without sin. He never would have been God in human flesh, Emmanuel. Jesus was God in flesh from the time the Word did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped in Phil. 2. He humbled Himself to come in the form of a man. Jesus the I AM was not created but was in the beginning with God the Father and was God the Word. John 1. He participated in the creation of Adam and all things. Col. 1:16 Your theory here doesn't hold water..

"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. Genesis 3:22-23 (KJV)

What do think the consequences would have been had Adam eaten of the tree of Life before he transgressed? After he transgressed?

"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. Genesis 3:22-23 (KJV)

What do think the consequences would have been had Adam eaten of the tree of Life before he transgressed? After he transgressed?

That would be conjecture. I deal with what is plainly stated in Scripture. Being as is not is. As one of us is used in comparison meaning like. Please stop redirecting with questions. I will ignore them.

That would be conjecture. I deal with what is plainly stated in Scripture. Being as is not is. As one of us is used in comparison meaning like. Please stop redirecting with questions. I will ignore them.

Great! Then you should be able make the comparison with Jesus Christ because He was/is the SECOND ADAM! What He became was intended for the FIRST ADAM! So conjecture it isn't!

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Great! Then you should be able make the comparison with Jesus Christ because He was/is the SECOND ADAM! What He became was intended for the FIRST ADAM! So conjecture it isn't!

Let me introduce this thought to you:

God says we were created toward His Pleasure by saying it was all "very good"... God also says we were in His

Image as reflection of Himself the only distinction being we began in God and God has never began! Now in

these parameters of truth we began in the created aspects of corporeal all pointing to His infinite Glory of

Being and what a glory it is...Yes! We were never meant to love the created thing more than He Who created it...

So all intent of God was lost in original sin YET it was not lost in Christ The Son Who has brought unto us

reconciliation through Himself for a new being of s(S)pirit and an eternal promised Home of no more sin...

Now for any of us to say we know what it is to be sinless or what creation was without sin is purely ego

and puffed up knowledge that does not exist for man!

1 Cor 13:9-13

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come,

then that which is in part shall be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spake as a child,

I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish

things. 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part;

but then shall I know even as also I am known. 13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these

three; but the greatest of these is charity.

KJV

I do not mind being in this limitation as it forces me to lean >the me< s(S)piritually upon God for fulfillment!

Yes I am born into a Spiritual hope an power to press toward that mark of perfect obedience in Him for it is the

Life, the only Life, and it is one of Spirit with the expressed feeding of His Word... so when I hear people

say they know the expressed intent of God in His perfect Holiness and Righteousness of Being by original design

of Garden and His "Very Good" I am dubious of the reality of this! Love, Steven

enoob wrote:
God says we were created toward His Pleasure by saying it was all "very good"...

Sorry, "very good" doesn't say all that. That understanding came from a biased opinion purposed to lead away from the full intent of God set in Himself that necessitated the creation of man. In other words, man is necessary in His plan..

God also says we were in His Image as reflection of Himself the only distinction being we began in God and God has never began! Now in

these parameters of truth we began in the created aspects of corporeal all pointing to His infinite Glory of

Being and what a glory it is...Yes! We were never meant to love the created thing more than He Who created it...

Sorry Bro., but all that is just religious jargon.

So all intent of God was lost in original sin YET it was not lost in Christ.

Nor was it lost in Adam. Better stated: All the original intent by God in Adam was only interrupted by his sin.

The Son Who has brought unto us reconciliation through Himself. .

Here, you have it correct to affirm my last.

. . . . .for a new being of s(S)pirit and an eternal promised Home of no more sin...

Now for any of us to say we know what it is to be sinless or what creation was without sin is purely ego

and puffed up knowledge that does not exist for man!

But we certainly know by Jesus Christ what it is like, don't we??