Openly Curious

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

No, but we sin daily and need to seek forgiveness and allow Christ to help us with our struggles when we do fall short but no one is sinless.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,261
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

The problems is in what a person considers sin. Whatever is not of faith is sin. What is sin for one person may not be sin for another. This is evident in the scriptures about foods. Romans 14, for instance. So if you know in your heart that it is sin and you willingly partake in it, it is definitely wrong for you.

All sin is evil. So the answer is no.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,392
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

1 John 1:9-10

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

1 John 2:1-3

2 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

1 John 3:2-3

Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

Ephesians 4:17-24

17 This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; 19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

20 But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

2 Corinthians 6:16-7:1

16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.”

17 Therefore

“Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you.”
18 “I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the Lord Almighty.”

7 Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,392
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Romans 6:16

16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/12/1986

Can a believer partake of sin (evil, iniquity, wrong doing, bad things, wickedness, unrighteousness) in moderation?

We will sin but should not look to sin.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  823
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  10/13/1981

Sin is sin, regardless of how we look at it. True believers do not make it a practice of sinning. Believers do sin, but are working to gain victory over sin. True believers don't make it a practice of sinning because God's new life has been born into them (  "The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God." (1 John 3:8-9)

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,261
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

All things are lawful for me but not all things are helpful.  All things are lawful but I will not be brought under the power of  any.   1 Cor., 6:12.   NKJV

If you consider something like smoking a sin, then you should never do it even once.  But if your brother smokes 1 or 2 a year, you should not condemn him for his freedom,  Neither should he condemn you.  True, smoking is not helpful to his body but it is lawful.  And in that moderation he will not be brought under its power.  Sill, I cannot recommend that anyone do it.

Eating apricot pits is also harmful to the body since they contain cyanide which accumulates in the body over years.  They are lawful to eat if only a couple but they are not helpful.  It is lawful and is not sin.  Eating a lot over time will bing you under their power and kill you.  So I cannot recommend that anyone eat apricot pits either.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/27/1994

I believe John, the beloved disciple answers this question very clearly on the following verses:

And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him. Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God. In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother. (‭I John‬ ‭3‬:‭5-10‬ NKJV)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/08/1984

This is actually explicitly answered in the Bible. The answer is no.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
 3  Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
 7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
 8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
 9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
 10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
 11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
 12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
 13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
 15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
 17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
 19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
 20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
 21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
 22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.