• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

We also need to remember that when Jerusalem is surrounded then that will be the end of the times of the Gentiles. (Luke 21: 20 - 24) This only happens at the war called Armageddon. It is here that `their flesh will rot while they stand on their feet...` (Zech. 14: 12)

The other war called Gog/Magog is in the mountains & `everyman`s sword will be against his brother.`  (Ez. 38: 21) 

Different war, different armies, different events, different outcomes.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

We also need to remember that when Jerusalem is surrounded then that will be the end of the times of the Gentiles. (Luke 21: 20 - 24) This only happens at the war called Armageddon. It is here that `their flesh will rot while they stand on their feet...` (Zech. 14: 12)

The other war called Gog/Magog is in the mountains & `everyman`s sword will be against his brother.`  (Ez. 38: 21)

Different war, different armies, different events, different outcomes.

You missed out the part in Zechariah 14 which fits in perfectly with Ezekiel:

Now this will be the plague with which the Lord will strike all the peoples who have gone to war against Jerusalem; their flesh will rot while they stand on their feet, and their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongue will rot in their mouth. 13 It will come about in that day that a great panic from the Lord will fall on them; and they will seize one another’s hand, and the hand of one will be lifted against the hand of another. 14 Judah also will fight at Jerusalem

If you had read a little further you would have seen that both Ezekiel 38 and Zechariah 14 refer to infighting.  There are multiple ways to die at Armageddon, Revelation says they were "killed with the sword which came from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse"

As for the mountains,  time and again we know that the final battle involves Jerusalem, which is in the mountains of Israel. So Ezekiel 38/39 confirm the location at  mountains of Israel.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1

Hi. Yes they are the same basically. The Bible is merely providing illustration of the confrontation between the saved and the unsaved during the tribulation period. Armageddon simply means the gathering place of the troops in Syria. Syria is a picture of the congregations in the Bible, and that is why Abraham had a friend Eliazer of Damascus, for example. Anyway, the congregations are where the battle is, spiritually, between the true believers and the unsaved. There will not be a physical war with tanks and the like known as the Battle of Armageddon. It is just a picture of spiritual warfare between the saved and the unsaved during the final time period, not of political entities. 

So let us look at 3 scenarios -

1. (no rapture).......................................................................................................................................G/M = Armageddon.

.......................................God`s wrath on believers - you, (the world - Body of Christ, Israel, the Nations)

2. (no rapture) G/M.................................................................................................................................Armageddon.

The person who thinks this war is G/M = Arm. will get tricked. For when the man comes & brings peace to the Middle East & then can relate East & West the world thinks that here is a leader who can save their world system. This man then seems to be killed, but `comes alive` thus people think that he is invincible.

The point being that if you think those 2 wars are the same you will be looking for Christ & you will get tricked thinking this man is Christ.

3. (rapture) G/M......................................................................................................................................Armageddon

Body of Christ not subject to Christ pouring out the wrath on it (us) but on Israel & the nations. We as believers will, I believe see the lining up of those G/M nations ready to come down & attack Israel.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

In the beginning God said to the man he created to go and subdue the creation for God created them in his image. Ever since that command was issued the human race has been on and all have sought to win that race. The battle of Armageddon is the battle to end the age of arming ourselves one against the other and to beat our swords into plow shears.

The truth is in Jesus. He won the human race. Not by power nor by might but by the Spirit of God. He simply speaks and all must obey. One day he will tell those who deny him to go jump in a lake and they will go headlong Into the lake of fire.

Arm aged don

The end of the age of arms! God be thanked for the Prince of Peace shall rule and they will no more kill in his holy mountain. Gog means mountain. Gog is goog where goog means become gigantic.

Much learning doth make thee madd!!!

Peace to the peas in the pod :)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

So let us look at 3 scenarios -

1. (no rapture).......................................................................................................................................G/M = Armageddon.

.......................................God`s wrath on believers - you, (the world - Body of Christ, Israel, the Nations)

Israel will be kept safe in this period according to Rev 12 (the women is kept safe). This is why they are peaceful and unsuspecting during this period. We the church are badly persecuted. Persecution always happens to the faithful church and is not God's wrath. Its a natural consequence of spiritual truth meeting worldly wickedness.  There will be some natural disasters, but we will be raptured early on the day of the Lord and not experience most of the bowls of wrath. The seals and trumpets are announcements of disasters that are mainly man-made or natural, and are not part of the bowls of wrath and we will experience most of them (seal 1-5). Most of the bowls of wrath occur on the day of the Lord and we do not experience that wrath.

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Marilyn,

As I have stated previously, yes there are similarities, but yes there are differences too. (Is Gog war = Armageddon)

So, I guess the answer may not be as definitive as we would prefer.

From my way of thinking, if I believe differences exist, then I lean toward the conclusion they are not the same war.

So, going with that conclusion for now, here is what I think.....

Ezekiel says Gog will come down at a time when Israel is unsuspecting and apparently feeling safe and secure (in fact God hooks them)

Say what???????

How could that be?

It almost doesn't seem possible if you relate this to what is happening out there today.

Thus, something will have to happen to bring in this rather relaxed attitude by Israel.

What could that be? Some thoughts:

1. Psalm 83 war

2. Peace treaty of some sort

3. Adjacent enemies somehow don't care anymore or no longer care about Israel due to other bigger concerns

4. ?????? (You fill in the blank)

So, what are you thinking?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Marilyn,

As I have stated previously, yes there are similarities, but yes there are differences too. (Is Gog war = Armageddon)

So, I guess the answer may not be as definitive as we would prefer.

From my way of thinking, if I believe differences exist, then I lean toward the conclusion they are not the same war.

So, going with that conclusion for now, here is what I think.....

Ezekiel says Gog will come down at a time when Israel is unsuspecting and apparently feeling safe and secure (in fact God hooks them)

Say what???????

How could that be?

It almost doesn't seem possible if you relate this to what is happening out there today.

Thus, something will have to happen to bring in this rather relaxed attitude by Israel.

What could that be? Some thoughts:

1. Psalm 83 war

2. Peace treaty of some sort

3. Adjacent enemies somehow don't care anymore or no longer care about Israel due to other bigger concerns

4. ?????? (You fill in the blank)

So, what are you thinking?

Man, you are so close. Recall what Apostle Paul said about the deceived saying, "Peace and safety". That's how Ezek.38 about Israel dwelling in safety links to Paul's time of "Peace and safety" the deceived will be saying. Then what event did Paul say will occur right after that time of "Peace and safety" per 1 Thess.5?

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Salty,

So you see a peace treaty before Gog war.

Is it THE peace treaty that begins Daniels 70th week?

Hi Spock,

Good question as usual. I believe the peaceful time before the G/M war is due to the coming together of the 3 horns - in Daniel.

`While I was contemplating the horns, behold, another horn, a little one, came up among them, & three of the first horns were pulled out by the roots before it.....` (Dan. 7: 8)

The three horns I believe are Iraq, Syria & Jordan. (Old Assyrian area) So we will be watching with interest the outcome of the ISIS`s Islamic State. This I believe will take a few years but eventually it will take over those areas & will deceitfully be a peace with Israel. The leader who brings this `peace,` will know how to sit round the table & speak lies.

`And through his shrewdness, he will cause deceit to succeed by his influence.`  (Dan. 8: 25)

Note the word `little.` This leader starts off with small power then has to build credibility with local, international & then Global powers over time.