IGNORED

If the Lord said to you, what do you need most?

Guest Thomas I Believe

Guest Thomas I believe

The title of this topic is the question so I won't be long winded. :)

If the Lord asked me what do I need most, I would reply to Him with this. Lord give me the patience to endure struggles in my everyday life. So my answer would be a patient attitude !!! What would you say ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

WOW great question Thomas. You know I think I would ask Him for my huaband to be saved. That is the most important thing right now. I think with that all other prayers would be answered.

Edited by Rustyangel

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

If  the Lord asked me what do I need most, I would reply to Him with this. Lord give me the patience to endure  struggles in my everyday life. So my answer would be a patient attitude !!!  What would you say ?

Greetings Thomas I Believe,

When I was young in the Lord, there came a time when daily I was struggling with my faith and I hammered upon the door of heaven for patience to endure the trials that just seemed to keep coming and coming and coming. As I prayed, I also studied the Word of the Lord and after several days, God gave me these verses:

James 1:3-4 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

I quickly learned that God honors and has even honored at the cross our need and plea for patience. He does so by allowing us to endure trials and tribulations. As soon as I confessed that Christ had given me the patience of Job, the trials to my faith began to abate. Patience is a tool for us to use to reveal Christ in us. So if that is your sincere prayer, BE PREPARED, you ARE going to have TRIALS.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

P.S. My prayer is like that of Elisha pleading with Elijah for "the double portion awarded to the first son". This is what I want from Christ. He said: "And greater things than these shall ye do." I believe that, and I want that.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Guest Thomas I believe
I quickly learned that God honors and has even honored at the cross our need and plea for patience. He does so by allowing us to endure trials and tribulations. As soon as I confessed that Christ had given me the patience of Job, the trials to my faith began to abate. Patience is a tool for us to use to reveal Christ in us. So if that is your sincere prayer, BE PREPARED, you ARE going to have TRIALS.

Dad Ernie, You are so right on this one, the trials are here and its tough but He will see me through this. Its stressful sometimes to endure trials but the rewards of our Lord working in our lives is endless.

Guest NH_Marine15

Hi! I would tell the Lord that I need Him the most. I need Him in my life everyday. I need Him to help with my struggles, and help answer my prayers, to help keep my family safe. To me, He will feel it in my heart and already know. I just need Him in my life for always! This was a great question!

Sincerely,

NH_Marine15

OOHRAH!

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Duck Tape for my mouth..........

Blinders for my eyes........

I think that might do it.....

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Im with Marine, I need the Lord the most.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1956

i need his annoting

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Great answers from everyone! I read this question earlier today and decided to think about it before answering. (I had the day off, what can I say?!)

There were several things that came to mind, but I knew I was thinking in the temporal. There are things I would like to ask for to help me through this side of eternity. But since we will spend far more time on the other side of eternity than we will in the here and now, I would be sure to ask for something that will help me to live in light of eternity.

I believe that what God wants most from us is a close, intimate, relationship with Him. He created us for His pleasure and His purpose.

Jesus said, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment." Matthew 22:37-38.

So, I would answer: "Lord, what I need most is to learn to love You wholly, completely, and unreservedly, in order that I may please and glorify You so that on that day, I will hear You say, "Come, you blessed My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world..." Matthew 25:34

Edited by Keith